Lucid Air Touring v Porsche Taycan

I know, different era, different times.
But, we all know Ferdinand Porsche's affiliations . Not that I give two shits about him and Nazis, I just dislike almost everything about 911.
Interesting take on the 911. It is one of the best designed, best engineered, most efficient sports cars on the planet that sets the benchmark for most others and is extraordinarily reliable. Doesn’t matter even which generation - they are all superb. And I know you dismissed the Nazi connection, which you really have to if you support Lucid. You have some awesome cars yourself - I would think Porsche would appeal to you as a driver/enthusiast.

Well I’ll have a taycan turbo here within the next couple weeks. Keeping my Dream edition. I won the recent one on cars and bids. Didn’t hit the reserve but offered $1500 more and the seller bit on it. I look forward to doing an in depth comparison on the two at some point.

Wow - $182k msrp - nice score! The Taycan is def one of the best looking EVs out there.

Wow - $182k msrp - nice score! The Taycan is def one of the best looking EVs out there.
Yeah I think it’s the best looking EV honestly. Think I got a pretty good deal. Between that and the Dream Edition Air deal I got. In fact, I got the air for 90k and the taycan for $67k which when combined is less than either cars msrp. I’m happy with that.

Yeah I think it’s the best looking EV honestly. Think I got a pretty good deal. Between that and the Dream Edition Air deal I got. In fact, I got the air for 90k and the taycan for $67k which when combined is less than either cars msrp. I’m happy with that.
So, is the next step a Sapphire? :cool: You will almost surely get there!

I'm waiting on the comparison test, because although the DE has more HP (and a faster 0-60, in theory), the slight weight/size difference of the Taycan might make up for it.

I'm waiting on the comparison test, because although the DE has more HP (and a faster 0-60, in theory), the slight weight/size difference of the Taycan might make up for it.
As long as I can get one with 50% or more depreciation then sure! I try to ball on a budget a little bit haha.

On a serious note though, life is wild and unpredictable. I remember 4 years ago, being in college and thinking that if I can 'make it' then that means I will have a house and a Model 3 in the driveway. I had very little expectations out of life financially at least. Little did I know that 4 years later I would have owned a MYLR, MYP, MSP, Air DE-P, and now a Taycan Turbo. Moved to 3 different states in the process and own a house in each of those states. Eventually, I am sure that the Sapphire will be on that list of cars but life is so unpredictable that who knows when or how I will get there. Im just here for the ride man.

Straight line 0-60 1/4
The Lucid GT is slightly quicker than the Taycan turbo
They were both running at the track last week. They had almost identical times this was not the GT performance. Was the GT base.

Koflo
Congrats on the turbo. I’m sure you will love it a ton of car for the price.

Big fan of the Taycan. If it weren't for the back seat being tiny, I would have considered it when I was looking.

I'm very much looking forward to the electric version of the Boxter. Could end up being my weekend 2nd car of choice someday.

Audi RS GT e tron ( brother of the Taycan) looks slightly different just as good imo 👍

You know, I said I was going to hold off for a couple years because of the improved range and charging curve of the new Taycan, but at these prices, I might reconsider. Realistically, the Lucid would be the roadtrip car and Taycan would be the out and about town car.
Congrats Koflo - will wait for your imprssion/review of your new car!

Back