Lucid Air Sapphire goes UNDER 2 seconds plus UNDER 9 for the 1/4 mile!🙂

Meeting the guys and Gals behind this marvel was great and they have really raised the bar for a well balanced car.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.JPG
    IMG_3183.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3206-H264-Live.MP4
    6.3 MB
  • IMG_3211.JPG
    IMG_3211.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3214.JPG
    IMG_3214.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 130
Yes . I guess that makes the first 6 semi special. I think they made those up in celebration of the delivery event of the first 6. Yes that is a nice new building and not grandstands.

We did hot laps buy nobody was timing. Just showing us how capable they are.

Ha. I didn't realize that was you Bill. What a great day and night. Tons of pics but videos are too big for this site. Just got in after waiting in the In & Out drive thru for a half hour. What a fricken bullet. It does everything right. Did a couple laps with Ben"The Stig" Collins. A third lap and I would have hurled. As you can see on Bill's sill plate "1 of 6". Only 6 in this run sold to the public. They need to churn out some other models and then back on Sapphires in about a month.
Please upload the videos to YouTube! I'd love to see

I did laps with the Stig. His real name is Ben Collins. On a funny note during our road tour we stopped at some cheese place and Ben got a bottled soft drink. We are out by our cars and he reads the label and panics when he reads it has CBD in it. Someone told him welcome to California. Was really funny.
IMG_3230.JPG
IMG_3231.JPG
IMG_3232.JPG

Yes . I guess that makes the first 6 semi special. I think they made those up in celebration of the delivery event of the first 6. Yes that is a nice new building and not grandstands.
How will they continue the numbering after the 6?

At 250K……
Projected sales?
amazing perf #’s but I don’t see many being sold at the price point. They need to get the gravity out asap

...On the street the Michelins are great and ride was better than on the Pirelli 21s. Easily replaces the DE as daily drive
Your sentence puts a huge smile on my face.
Just hoping for winter/all season tires .

At 250K……
Projected sales?
amazing perf #’s but I don’t see many being sold at the price point. They need to get the gravity out asap
What would we do without your ever flowing fountain of negativity? Celebrate a halo car for what it is.

What would we do without your ever flowing fountain of negativity? Celebrate a halo car for what it is.
Negativity ?

It wasn’t negative it’s just a big price point in this market. Sorry if you disagree….
👍

Last edited:
Negativity ?

It wasn’t negative it’s just a big price point in this market. Sorry if you disagree….
👍
I certainly saw it as so.
This thread is about enjoying what the now released to customers Sapphire can do on a track, and your input was asking about sales projections.
We all know this is a low volume car for haves, all Lucids at this point are for haves.

Really outstanding event by Lucid at Sonoma. The DE are impressive and the Sapphire takes the performance to ridiculous levels. On the street the Michelins are great and ride was better than on the Pirelli 21s. Easily replaces the DE as daily driver.
1/4 mile runs were prepared surface but otherwise 100% stock, there were sub 9 runs. Mine was 9.07.
The cars would loop around and do run after run.

On track it was stable predictable and the torque vectoring really helps rotate the car. Amazing car.

View attachment 15434

View attachment 15433
Not sure you could have hit that exact mph if you tried ;) (123.45)

Back