Lucid Air Sapphire goes UNDER 2 seconds plus UNDER 9 for the 1/4 mile!šŸ™‚

I talked to multiple Lucid engineers about Gravity. The technology that was developed for the Sapphire will find its way into the Gravity and some will also find its way into the rest of the Air line up. I donā€˜t have plans to buy a Gravity, but I think nearly all of the changes I would like to see on the Air will be addressed by the Gravity. Including having better fidelity for exact location of key fob.šŸ˜

The Sapphire has a different processor than previous Airs. I didnā€™t have a lot of time in the car, but I can say set up was much easier and faster than when I did it 12/10/21. Lucid account, iPhone, phone as key, Spotify, everything linked quickly on first try. Having 2 Lucidā€™s on iPhone app worked seamlessly.

The new ā€sportā€ seats are very nice. I like the alcantara steering wheel. It had a very nice feel. I could sympathize if someone wanted leather, that would be a good option. The wheel flairs are pretty subtle and the wing is nicely done. For those who are looking, the lower, wider, stance, the carbon fiber wing and mirrors, the black roof, the car is a little more menacing. I did ask about putting this wheel and tire set on the DE. The fronts could be done without modification, but not the rears. Once I have both cars at the shop we will look at this closer.

On track , my first time at Sonoma, driving a car for the first time, it was pretty easy for me to pressure a much more skilled driver in an Air Grand Touring (1050hp). We did an out lap, 3 hot laps, and a cool down. As with any car this heavy and 4 wheel drive, the front tires are being asked to do a lot of work. I drove with the stability control in ā€œtrack modeā€ which allows some rotation. You could really feel the torque vectoring helping to rotate the car. Hitting an apex and going back to power, the Sapphire builds speed at a furious pace. Braking point cones that seemed ridiculously conservative on the out lap suddenly seemed much less so. Going in too fast the car had a very predictable push. Steering feel and braking are much better than on the DE. The tires of course are a significant part of the braking, the steering feedback is all software.

This car is going to record some impressive track times.

Those times wonā€™t really effectively communicate how enjoyable it is to drive this car at speed.

Thanks for sharing what looks from the outside to have been a first rate experience.
Did any of the cars have any issues?
How did the GT-P do (alway curious as I have one of these)?

By chance did anyone record their hot lap?

How was the suspension overall? Over the curbs? Sonoma has a crap ton of elevation change and with that type of acceleration did the car can feel floaty over some of the crests?

Lucid entertained the press there the day before so watch Motor Trend, Road and Track, Jalopnic etc for press coverage.

By chance did anyone record their hot lap?

How was the suspension overall? Over the curbs? Sonoma has a crap ton of elevation change and with that type of acceleration did the car can feel floaty over some of the crests?
The suspension I felt was very good overall. In the same class as M5 now. I let more experienced drivers argue the nuances. The car did not feel floaty and settled very quickly over the crests. We drove the racing line including curbs and the car had no problems over the curbing.

i did not time hot lap. After the out lap and one lap at speed, we drifted a few corners and transitioned the car from a left drift to a right drift on third lap. The car drifts easily and transitions very well.

Thanks for sharing what looks from the outside to have been a first rate experience.
Did any of the cars have any issues?
How did the GT-P do (alway curious as I have one of these)?
Lucid put a lot of effort into making it a great event. They had a lot of cars at the track, both Sapphires and AGTs. I did not see any cars pulled out do to issues. The GT was very fun to follow around the track. It is a very capable car in its own right. He was driving it hard and really trying to get all it had to offer. The Sapphire is just so much easier to get rotated and back to full acceleration. When I over slowed on a corner I could close the gap easily accelerating out.

Any inkling on whether the rear drive unit was doing anything trick under braking on corner entry? Not sure if this is even a thing, just wondering.

I also wonder if they are doing anything trick with the active dampers. I imagine you could stiffen the front up under braking to reduce nose dive, or laterally in corners to help keep the platform level. And of course in launch mode you soften the rear to allow squat for traction.

So many questions! To be a freaking fly on the wall....

Lucid put a lot of effort into making it a great event. They had a lot of cars at the track, both Sapphires and AGTs. I did not see any cars pulled out do to issues. The GT was very fun to follow around the track. It is a very capable car in its own right. He was driving it hard and really trying to get all it had to offer. The Sapphire is just so much easier to get rotated and back to full acceleration. When I over slowed on a corner I could close the gap easily accelerating out.
Thank you for the reminder about the GT. I have to admit, Iā€™m experiencing a little FOMO about the Saphire.

Other than what has been discussed, does the software have any new features that are not yet rolled out to the fleet?

If the Lucid Sapphire is the Porsche Turbo S equivalent, I really hope they end up with a GTS version down the road. I'd love to see its suspension, brakes, and three motor setup in a 800hp lower cost variant.

Between SavageGeese and Jason, the Sapphire sounds like the real deal.

If the Lucid Sapphire is the Porsche Turbo S equivalent, I really hope they end up with a GTS version down the road. I'd love to see its suspension, brakes, and three motor setup in a 800hp lower cost variant.

Between SavageGeese and Jason, the Sapphire sounds like the real deal.

Stig said so 12 months ago LOL! But not you, people just won't listen. You can't educate hedgehogs on quantum mechanics.

So l leave them be generally unless it's extreme. Those IG bans are like a General Medals in War. They're racking up like the Sapphire's records, I hear!

They're like Pokemons you've got to catch them all!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

There is NO WAY that is 1234 hp. Either it is thanks to the traction control 1ms thingy(thats how the 911 turbo s launches so well with 650 hp) or they underrated by 200-300 horsepower. Just wow. Simply astonishing, hanging up there with the nevera.
When are you getting your UK sapphire?
It's due to the traction control, that Lucid wrote "in house." It is best in class !

The conversations in the comments of the Instagram video Jason put out is hilarious to read
Screenshot_20231010-102958.png

And also someone from Edmund commented on their poor videos regarding the drag races and U races

Also I see you Killin them haters in the comments @Babyrocko1908 !

The conversations in the comments of the Instagram video Jason put out is hilarious to read View attachment 15533
And also someone from Edmund commented on their poor videos regarding the drag races and U races

Somebody tell edmunds that they need to PAY for the wheels and a sapphireā€¦ why do they expect to get it for free once a month?

Somebody tell edmunds that they need to PAY for the wheels and a sapphireā€¦ why do they expect to get it for free once a month?

Lucid aren't stupid. They'll, Edmunds that is wouldU Drag the hell out of 10 sets of tyres LOL! But I guess we all would!

The conversations in the comments of the Instagram video Jason put out is hilarious to read View attachment 15533

I make the time even if I don't always have it!

Not only that but expect these things free after they've been releasing disingenuous videos about the Air since they had their GT delivered.

Back