the bad:

a pillar is huge
car rolls backwards
electronics are horrid and slow - its beyond bad
when brake releases it makes a thud
Interior door handle is plastic
garage keycards won’t work thru front glass
no xm radio or apple car play
im getting 200-300 miles max. Nowhere near 500.
when you get in and try to place car in drive you have to wait for electronics to catch up which takes long time.

Last edited:
When did you receive your car and what firmware are you on? This is your first post, so a little background information would be helpful. What DE # do you have?

While I don’t think a car with an automatic transmission should roll backwards, it seems a bit excessive to describe the danger of it as you do. Manual transmissions do this and I have never felt I was going to kill someone with my car. It should also be a fairly simple software fix to correct this.

car rolls backwards (it’s going to kill someone eventually) so dangerous

You can select between "Hold" and "Roll". Do you have "Hold" engaged in the brake settings?

a pillar is huge

True, but the A pillar in our Tesla Model S Plaid is about as thick. These roof members have to be pretty massive to provide rollover protection in these very heavy cars with low roofs.

This is the trade-off for the IR heat rejection coatings on the newest glass-roofed cars. Both Rivian and the updated Tesla Model S use these coatings, which are very effective at keeping sun heat out of the cabins. Lucid does have a small uncoated "window" in the lower corner of the passenger side for things such as toll pass readers, but it is not conveniently located for your purpose.

The good:

ride quality
nice car, but its still in beta

the bad:

a pillar is huge
car rolls backwards (it’s going to kill someone eventually) so dangerous
electronics are horrid and slow - its beyond bad
when brake releases it makes a thud
Interior door handle is plastic
no xm radio or apple car play
im getting 200-300 miles max. Nowhere near 500.
when you get in and try to place car in drive you have to wait for electronics to catch up which takes long time.
What Dream Edition number do you have, what software version are you on and how long have the car in your possession?

Have the software updates sped up the amount of time it takes for the screens to present upon entry?

I think we have a troll.
LOL...a bit of an overreaction, no? I ask as I have a Touring on order and the biggest annoyance with my current (older) Audi A6 that I'll be replacing is how long it takes for MMI & Bluetooth to boot up. I'm not clear if the Lucid software load time issue stated above is hardware related or something software can fix, or has been able to improve upon with updates.

LOL...a bit of an overreaction, no? I ask as I have a Touring on order and the biggest annoyance with my current (older) Audi A6 that I'll be replacing is how long it takes for MMI & Bluetooth to boot up. I'm not clear if the Lucid software load time issue stated above is hardware related or something software can fix, or has been able to improve upon with updates.
It’s 100% software unless they horribly cheaper out on the hardware (unlikely)

I think we have a troll.
OP post was written at just after 2.30 am PST … 5.30am EST … or middle of the day Europe / ROW (who don’t really have any cars)
strange times to be writing your first time post.
kind of beginning to agree. Would like to see a photo of the DE#

Back