Lucid Air Hitch for Bike Rack?

Negative. My short conversation with Eric Bach was a negative for the Air. The Gravity will have one though if I remember correctly.

Negative. My short conversation with Eric Bach was a negative for the Air. The Gravity will have one though if I remember correctly.
You remember correctly for Gravity. In fact Lucid shows pictures of Gravity towing a supersonic jet. A trailer hitch will be an options on Gravity.

Is anyone using the roof rack again? I know it was recalled or had significant problems, but I have to carry skies and bikes (not just one bike, which i can do already).

Is anyone using the roof rack again? I know it was recalled or had significant problems, but I have to carry skies and bikes (not just one bike, which i can do already).
I actually talked to folks at Lucid about it, and they were not aware of any issues with it, and they never pulled it from the store. I pointed them to the stories on this forum but never heard back, so it would appear that those might have been isolated events and generally customers didn't have issues?

But again, I don't know this for sure, I'm just making an assumption.

I actually talked to folks at Lucid about it, and they were not aware of any issues with it, and they never pulled it from the store. I pointed them to the stories on this forum but never heard back, so it would appear that those might have been isolated events and generally customers didn't have issues?

But again, I don't know this for sure, I'm just making an assumption.
Sounds like lack of communication. The Richmond Service Center was tracking broken glass roofs, damaged can rails (cantrails? silver part framing the glass), and over torqued screws getting stuck. Hardly anyone uses them apparently, and the few who do are experiencing issues.

We also noticed a lack of stability with two mountain bikes, including rocking on top. My general advice is not to get the bike mounts on the Lucid until a rework that isn't the foam bottom but rather the silicone solution on the Gravity.

I agree. The screws became overtorqued and stuck even if you used them correctly with the included torque wrench. The Beverly Hills service center attempted to send me to a body shop to have the bolts removed on my dime. I had to call the main Lucid service number and they rectified the situation with the BHSS. I sent the racks back to Lucid for a refund. It would be great to have a working mount system for my usage. It’s just a car.

So is it the car or the rack?

I agree. The screws became overtorqued and stuck even if you used them correctly with the included torque wrench. The Beverly Hills service center attempted to send me to a body shop to have the bolts removed on my dime. I had to call the main Lucid service number and they rectified the situation with the BHSS. I sent the racks back to Lucid for a refund. It would be great to have a working mount system for my usage. It’s just a car.
Paging @mcr16 in case this can be escalated and we can get an answer.

Back