Lucid Air GTP drive system fault

Rem
Starting with the Austin Healey, at least a dozen. Nova, 2-3. Chrysler minivan, only once but it was fatal. BMW motorcycle F650, twice, the second time I had to push it home in 100 degree weather, 2 miles. Ford truck? Don't remember, but the local service people knew the truck well. And then there was an electrical system failure while I was flying a Piper Turbo Lance, at night, but my flashlight batteries worked and the engine was an internal combustion one.
Not saying everyone will have had experiences like mine, but stuff happens.
Remind me not to travel with you 🤣

Ok, it never happened to me and I would not expect a $170K "high tech" car to do it.
Again, I'm glad you've had good luck. :)

But it definitely happens, and the pricier cars tend to actually end up in the shop *more* than the less expensive ones. Just ask anyone who has ever owned a McLaren. :)

And I am back anyone else have this glitch where the bottom buttons of your console just disappear.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 7.17.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 7.17.52 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 132
Please report to NHTSA. This is the only official way to get lucid to do something about this

I have had my GT for one month with 2,600 miles. This afternoon was driving 10 mph in parking lot (with 328 miles left on range) when it came to a halt. the DRIVE SYSTEM FAULT message came up. 2 hours later, I am still sitting in the parking lot waiting for my tow. I will NEVER trust the reliability of this car again. Please let me know final diagnostic for your auto and if ever fully resolved to your satisfaction. I want my money back!!!
Please report to NHTSA. This is the only official way to get lucid to do something about this

Uggh. Signed up to this forum last night and Now, after 8 days with my new Air Touring, I was driving to work this morning and got “DRIVE SYSTEM FAULT” message. The car wouldn’t accelerate past 35 mph but luckily I was not on a highway and was close to home. Am just about to call customer care so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Text customer service and say it’s urgent and you have turtle mode and can’t go above 35mph. This may be due to that contactor issue they just discovered and issued a recall for. I hope for a speedy resolution for you!

Text customer service and say it’s urgent and you have turtle mode and can’t go above 35mph. This may be due to that contactor issue they just discovered and issued a recall for. I hope for a speedy resolution for you!
Contactor issue was limited to vehicles produced from October 2021 to i think October 2022. Check you me build date, but if a reset doesn’t fix @Grateful Ed issue, it may be complete replacement..

Here’s the recall.

Uggh. Signed up to this forum last night and Now, after 8 days with my new Air Touring, I was driving to work this morning and got “DRIVE SYSTEM FAULT” message. The car wouldn’t accelerate past 35 mph but luckily I was not on a highway and was close to home. Am just about to call customer care so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thread 'Battery fault and drivetrain fault error' https://lucidowners.com/threads/battery-fault-and-drivetrain-fault-error.4908/

Refer to my post here, I had the same thing probably, my vehicle was actually produced around that time.

Also instructions on how I limped it home.
I used valet reset, waited 5 minutes, then got in and limped it closer and closer home until I made it.

Thanks all. I was actually able to drive back home on back roads. Called customer care and they are going to investigate and call me back. Really disappointing as I friggin love this car and am afraid I will never be able to trust it’s reliability again.

Not much of an update at this point but a technician will be coming out tomorrow afternion to take a look.

Thanks all. I was actually able to drive back home on back roads. Called customer care and they are going to investigate and call me back. Really disappointing as I friggin love this car and am afraid I will never be able to trust it’s reliability again.
You will; I’ve never heard of anyone having this issue twice. Good luck.

Update to my Drive System Fault issue:

The mobile technician came this morning and determined that the issue is that the Rear Drive Unit (essentially the motor for the back two wheels) is bad and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, the car needs to be shipped to Richmond, VA or Natick, MA since the service center in King of Prussia (20 minutes from me) does not open until September. Probably looking at 4 weeks until I receive back. Such a bummer.

Does anyone know what LUCID will do for a rental car? I have another car to drive so wondering if they would compensate me in some other way since rental car isn’t really a necessity. Lastly, I receive free charging for three years since my deposit was in May 2021 so I plan to push for them to extend the 3 year period.

P.S. I know there has been some discussion / speculation on here that charging at EA has caused some issues. While I don’t see how that could be the case, it certainly is odd that the one and only time I charged my car at EA was about 10 - 15 miles before my car died. Weird.

Update to my Drive System Fault issue:

The mobile technician came this morning and determined that the issue is that the Rear Drive Unit (essentially the motor for the back two wheels) is bad and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, the car needs to be shipped to Richmond, VA or Natick, MA since the service center in King of Prussia (20 minutes from me) does not open until September. Probably looking at 4 weeks until I receive back. Such a bummer.

Does anyone know what LUCID will do for a rental car? I have another car to drive so wondering if they would compensate me in some other way since rental car isn’t really a necessity. Lastly, I receive free charging for three years since my deposit was in May 2021 so I plan to push for them to extend the 3 year period.

P.S. I know there has been some discussion / speculation on here that charging at EA has caused some issues. While I don’t see how that could be the case, it certainly is odd that the one and only time I charged my car at EA was about 10 - 15 miles before my car died. Weird.
See if Natick had a loaner. Several service centers started having loaners available.

Bummer to get less than 300 miles before the failure; hope they can get your car back sooner. I was able to get a Lucid loaner a couple of weeks ago at the Scottsdale Service Center. They had only just started to roll that out (I think I was only the second person to get a loaner)

Thanks for the note. The Service Center Manager said that he hopes to get me a LUCID loaner and that they are just waiting on “license plates” as it is a new program. Really hoping that is the case as that would really help ease the pain.

Good news is that they do have a rear drive unit in stock and they will have to freight from AZ to Richmond VA so may take some time. He said the repair itself is not very time consuming (just a couple of days) but I think it is all the other stuff that may take time.

Update: Obviously, the drive system fault issue was a huge bummer For me but I have to say that I‘ve been really pleased with the service I have received since then. Richard, the Service Manager I have been dealing with has been tremendous - very professional and knowledgeable.

On Monday night around 11:30 pm, a VERY large truck arrived at my house from Richmond, VA to drop off a Grand Touring loaner car and to pick up my Touring. Having a nice loaner car certainly helped ease the pain. I just received word that the work will start on my car today and should only take a couple of days at most. They plan to deliver my car back to me and pick up the loaner on Monday afternoon, so the turnaround time (two weeks since the issue occurred) is much better than I had feared. Fingers crossed.

Update: Obviously, the drive system fault issue was a huge bummer For me but I have to say that I‘ve been really pleased with the service I have received since then. Richard, the Service Manager I have been dealing with has been tremendous - very professional and knowledgeable.

On Monday night around 11:30 pm, a VERY large truck arrived at my house from Richmond, VA to drop off a Grand Touring loaner car and to pick up my Touring. Having a nice loaner car certainly helped ease the pain. I just received word that the work will start on my car today and should only take a couple of days at most. They plan to deliver my car back to me and pick up the loaner on Monday afternoon, so the turnaround time (two weeks since the issue occurred) is much better than I had feared. Fingers crossed.
Superb service.

Yesterday while driving on 270 in MD my wife experienced the “Drive System Fault” in red and “Lane departure system failure” in yellow. A countdown gave my wife 2 mins to pull over before completely shutting down. With car bricked she called Lucid Service folx who sent a tow truck out for the car and offered to cover the cost to Uber her home.

Now we’re awaiting diagnostics…

Context: Over the past few months we’ve been occasionally getting “Front right detector failure” error message that would sometimes pop on then go away within 15 secs. We had the car (AGT) serviced for a front running lamp failure that lasted too long and told them about this error message. We received no feedback about it (and I forgot to follow up) but lately have been receiving that same error message more frequently- about once every 3 trips. Maybe it’s linked to this message or TCU as stated before. Will update…

Back