Lucid Air GT cross country trip LIVE

EVgo did that too. Worked half of the time and took 20-30’ usually.
The EA chargers reset in like 5 minutes, whether or not they work afterwards....

The EA chargers reset in like 5 minutes, whether or not they work afterwards....
So do the EVgo chargers. The 20-30 minutes was actually the time it took to call, get someone on the line having them trying to tell me it was my car, then to try this and that all before before just resetting the machine and until I was finally charging.

So do the EVgo chargers. The 20-30 minutes was actually the time it took to call, get someone on the line having them trying to tell me it was my car, then to try this and that all before before just resetting the machine and until I was finally charging.
Oh..everytime I've called EA its been within a few minutes. I just say your charger is offline can you reset it.

Oh..everytime I've called EA its been within a few minutes. I just say your charger is offline can you reset it.
I don’t have any experience with the EA chargers since I don’t have the GT yet. The EVgo experience is from a couple of years ago when the Leaf free charging has ended. I’m sure they are quicker to just hit the reset button now. Haven’t used a DCFC since then. We charge at home for daily use and we can’t drive the Leaf on trips because of range limitations.

I had forgotten this. There was a button on the EVgo machines to do a reset. Sometimes that worked. Other times they had to do it from the call.

EA cs is pretty good, though they do have limitations. They will reset chargers for you to see if it brings them back online anytime you call.
Whilst I agree that EA customer service is good you shouldn't have to be calling them constantly to reset a charger (which 90% of the time works). What's the point of having a car that's supposed add 300 miles in 20 minutes if you have to spend 20 mins on the phone with EA doubling your stop time.

EA wouldn't have given Lucid 3 years free charging for free so what has Lucid paid for? A very unreliable network. In the past week alone I have seen 2 charging locations with more than 50% of the chargers not functioning.

Made it to Bluff with 120 miles remaining. Charged to 270 miles since we are going straight into Arches National Park
20220630_125917.jpg

EA customer service is great, but IMO spends too much time on pleasantries at the beginning of the call ("how's your day going") when I'm frustrated with their charger(s) not working. Maybe I'm being a jerk, but I felt like it took over a minute to get to the issue at hand.

EA customer service is great, but IMO spends too much time on pleasantries at the beginning of the call ("how's your day going") when I'm frustrated with their charger(s) not working. Maybe I'm being a jerk, but I felt like it took over a minute to get to the issue at hand.
LOL 🤣
I had the same experiences with EVgo.….

”Hello, how is your day?”
“it would be a lot better if your charger would work”

Made it to Bluff with 120 miles remaining. Charged to 270 miles since we are going straight into Arches National Park
Canyonlands NP is pretty cool too, if you can spend another day in the area.

Chargepoint?

The charge was free so I'm not complaining!

In order to get to Arches by our reservation time we had to leave Grand Canyon Railway at 4:30a.

Learned a lot about the Nav. on this leg. Some of these features you may already be familiar with.
1. If you add a stop, they are added in reverse order. I was able to enter two stops. Not sure what's the max.
2. You have to get it right I couldn't figure out how to reorder.
3. I downloaded states in advance, but showed "no data" when there was no cell signal. However, would navigate to a destination I added while on cellular.
4. Software needs fuzzy logic. Going through four corners I was in Colorado, but it couldn't find the charger in Bluff until I got into Utah. Although I downloaded Utah. When I had no signal.
5. In my opinion system relies too much on a cellular connection. Hopefully, this is fixed in an update.
6. Totally my fault but USB Audio Player Pro, isn't compatible with car. I cannot see any album art or have any control of app other than skip forward or back. Maybe my app but cannot start music unless select music first, then go back to Nav.
7. Car still is probably the most comfortable car I've ever driven.
8. When car senses new speed limit, the speed comes up in white next to your set speed. Pressing left button sets it to this speed.
9. In order to get it to change to a multiple of five increment you have to "hold" button until it changes one digit then let go.

More in next post

The charge was free so I'm not complaining!

In order to get to Arches by our reservation time we had to leave Grand Canyon Railway at 4:30a.

Learned a lot about the Nav. on this leg. Some of these features you may already be familiar with.
1. If you add a stop, they are added in reverse order. I was able to enter two stops. Not sure what's the max.
2. You have to get it right I couldn't figure out how to reorder.
3. I downloaded states in advance, but showed "no data" when there was no cell signal. However, would navigate to a destination I added while on cellular.
4. Software needs fuzzy logic. Going through four corners I was in Colorado, but it couldn't find the charger in Bluff until I got into Utah. Although I downloaded Utah. When I had no signal.
5. In my opinion system relies too much on a cellular connection. Hopefully, this is fixed in an update.
6. Totally my fault but USB Audio Player Pro, isn't compatible with car. I cannot see any album art or have any control of app other than skip forward or back. Maybe my app but cannot start music unless select music first, then go back to Nav.
7. Car still is probably the most comfortable car I've ever driven.
8. When car senses new speed limit, the speed comes up in white next to your set speed. Pressing left button sets it to this speed.
9. In order to get it to change to a multiple of five increment you have to "hold" button until it changes one digit then let go.

More in next post
I THINK the downloaded maps and nav on them help when on cellular, but will fully work if you select Offline Nav. I've never tried it, but that's how I interpret the last release notes.

I THINK the downloaded maps and nav on them help when on cellular, but will fully work if you select Offline Nav. I've never tried it, but that's how I interpret the last release notes.
Shouldn't be this convoluted, should just work automatically. After, today will have cell all the way home.

Back