Lucid Air GT cross country trip LIVE

Delicate Arch
20220630200143_IMG_1662.JPG

1. If you add a stop, they are added in reverse order. I was able to enter two stops. Not sure what's the max.
2. You have to get it right I couldn't figure out how to reorder.
Does that mean the system will take you to the furthest stop first before taking you to the closest one because that's how you added them? That's not an optimized logic.

Does that mean the system will take you to the furthest stop first before taking you to the closest one because that's how you added them? That's not an optimized logic.
Correct. If you want to go to A, then B, then C, you need to put C in as your destination and then add B then A as waypoints. Stupid design...

Correct. If you want to go to A, then B, then C, you need to put C in as your destination and then add B then A as waypoints. Stupid design...
That's sad, seriously I couldn't imagine designing something I like that in my most drunken stupor.

That's not good. Have you submitted a feedback? Looks like a simple fix on their side.

That's not good. Have you submitted a feedback? Looks like a simple fix on their side.

Just ability to reorder would be fine.

I haven't. The only time I've tried more than one destination was on the day I picked it up.

After, tomorrow it's unlikely I'll use that feature again.

Oh, I forgot when I had to do some spirited passing on the two lane with oncoming traffic, my daughter responded about the speed.

"I didn't have time to even breathe!"

@dawktah LucidGT You can drag and drop waypoints in any order you want, just press and hold that waypoint then move it up or down. Not kidding, super useful feature for multiple stops. It is easy to lose them if you back out before you’ve made the changes though so don’t do that!

That’s actually incorrect, although it adds chronologically you can drag any stop to any order. Also if you ask for a new destination while driving Alexa will ask if you want to go there before your final destination.

Shouldn't be this convoluted, should just work automatically. After, today will have cell all the way home.
IIRC this is the way that HERE Maps also makes use of offline maps on the cell phone. Offline maps can be loaded but aren't actually used unless you manually put the app in Offline mode. Clunky compared to Google Maps from the GAS suite.

@dawktah LucidGT You can drag and drop waypoints in any order you want, just press and hold that waypoint then move it up or down. Not kidding, super useful feature for multiple stops. It is easy to lose them if you back out before you’ve made the changes though so don’t do that!

Ok, I guess I wasn't pressing long enough, when I tried it went to the pilot panel instead of some kind of highlighting.

IIRC this is the way that HERE Maps also makes use of offline maps on the cell phone. Offline maps can be loaded but aren't actually used unless you manually put the app in Offline mode. Clunky compared to Google Maps from the GAS suite.

I would have never thought to put it into a different mode. Cell is sketchy but was only missing for a few hours and all day once in desert.

One thing I've noticed it doesn't tell you if your destination is on the right or left. Just arrived and lacks a reached warning. Hard to keep eye on the road and look at countdown. For me I use Nav in unfamiliar areas. LOL

There is an EA in Edwards which is a good stop also.

Stopped in Edwards. Navigation would not restart. Am I missing a setting, my Nav doesn't restart after getting out of the car? I had adaptive cruise stop working twice, was going through mountain twistys so may have just been overworked.

If Lucid is watching this thread, a suggestion. The nav screen top right when in 3D tilt needs to show forwards about 2.5 miles that way next turn is visible.

Also, if charger is your waypoint Nav needs to cancel it as soon as you start charging, just in case you cut across the parking lot, LOL.

In Denver. National Park tour has ended, but miles to go to get to Indianapolis.

Stopped in Edwards. Navigation would not restart. Am I missing a setting, my Nav doesn't restart after getting out of the car? I had adaptive cruise stop working twice, was going through mountain twistys so may have just been overworked.

If Lucid is watching this thread, a suggestion. The nav screen top right when in 3D tilt needs to show forwards about 2.5 miles that way next turn is visible.

Also, if charger is your waypoint Nav needs to cancel it as soon as you start charging, just in case you cut across the parking lot, LOL.

In Denver. National Park tour has ended, but miles to go to get to Indianapolis.
For the upper right screen you can just zoom out by pinching the screen in.

Back