Lucid Air GT cross country trip LIVE

I plugged into a 350 kW charger today with 66 miles of range left, max it delivered was 207 kW and then immediately dropped to 177 kW. Car was preconditioned, just a less then ideal charging network for the time being. Happy enough that it worked on the first try plugging in lol
I doubt it was EA limiting power. If it was hot out, the battery likely became thermally limited and the charging slowed to match how quickly the battery cooling system could remove heat. I see a very similar curve here in AZ when it is hot out. Still, I would not complain about 177 kW.

I wholeheartedly believe the answer to your question is no. Especially, considering people who have no experience and will see a 35% drop in their real world range, up to 50% in cold climates. While many people think they can get away with 280 miles, it will only be 140 in cold weather areas. Imagine selling someone on the fact that they are paying $55k + for a car that can only travel 140 miles...
Damn. That’s a lot of loss in cold weather. Is it the same in heat? No one is to blame for this but battery tech.

I've repeatedly heard of a particular EA charging tower not providing full power. Seems to be a semi-common bug for them.
The 350kw one near me now always says it’s limited to 172kw, and then when I plug into the other 350kw, it gives 160kw but doesn’t give the “charging station power limited” message, so I just gave up and am ok with waiting longer to charge. EA seems to have made no improvements to their reliability.

I doubt it was EA limiting power. If it was hot out, the battery likely became thermally limited and the charging slowed to match how quickly the battery cooling system could remove heat. I see a very similar curve here in AZ when it is hot out. Still, I would not complain about 177 kW.
67 degrees out. Definitely not hot, just a charger fail.

What seems to be the problem for EA to get their business in order? Feels like CA has their units in order?

What seems to be the problem for EA to get their business in order? Feels like CA has their units in order?

I think the lawsuit ordered them to put them in, maybe not to keep them working?

Leaving, Topeka, KS this morning July 4th! I performed the update to 1.2.6 last night. Let's see if I can see any differences.

I think the lawsuit ordered them to put them in, maybe not to keep them working?

Leaving, Topeka, KS this morning July 4th! I performed the update to 1.2.6 last night. Let's see if I can see any differences.
Oh wow you did that trip on 1.2.1 navigation? I didn’t realize. You’ll appreciate 1.2.6 cuz now you can prioritize EA chargers, and under the “manage trip” tab you can add waypoints and drag and drop them in order of preference.

Oh wow you did that trip on 1.2.1 navigation? I didn’t realize. You’ll appreciate 1.2.6 cuz now you can prioritize EA chargers, and under the “manage trip” tab you can add waypoints and drag and drop them in order of preference.
They were on 1.1.4 If you can believe it.

Arrived St. Louis, one more day to go! Given the fact almost all but 3 stops have been in a Wal-Mart parking lot I've gone in a made a little windshield wash kit.
20220704_121609.jpg

I'm currently using my Tesla destination adapter, so far charging with no issues.

Happy 4th of July!

This post was supposed to be lady night on July 4th.

While I'm resting before next leg, a few questions:
1. Do brake lights come on when 1 pedal driving?
2. Is there a way to turn off the lights indicating vehicle is charging?
3. Does the seat cooling eventually turn itself off if the climate setting (have to check exact name) is on?

This post was supposed to be lady night on July 4th.

While I'm resting before next leg, a few questions:
1. Do brake lights come on when 1 pedal driving?
2. Is there a way to turn off the lights indicating vehicle is charging?
3. Does the seat cooling eventually turn itself off if the climate setting (have to check exact name) is on?
1) yes
2) not that I know if
3) my seat cooling is highly irregular and inconsistent in staying on or off

1657063921811.jpeg

Far from it! This is in CA and coming up 2 weeks now with only 50% of the chargers available at that location. I've given up calling EA!

Back