Lucid Air GT cross country trip LIVE

Hello ALL,

Currently resting at The Ahwahnee Hotel in the simply breathtaking Yosemite National Park.
View attachment 3075

Picked up our car on Friday at the Millbrae location. The staff there were very good and the reveal and delivery went smoothly.

From there headed to the coast and stayed at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay. The valet there were not familiar with the car and I wound up giving them that key fob since using they card opened car but need PIN to start and not sure how to set that up. Not sure if this is s good or bad thing, but they didn't seem to treat it as a luxury car, but more like just another Tesla MS.

The car handles beautifully and is an absolute pleasure to drive. Arriving here had zero fatigue.

Used the navigation and I understand improvements are coming but found:
1. Said "slight left" for a lot of 90° corners.
2. If destination is on current street or road DOES NOT give you a distance count down. Just "arrived" after the 1/4 mile notification. Does fine for turns, 1,000 feet and so on.
3. Does not keep your last view on pilot panel, when entering next destination.

The car does twist and turn roads very well. With my selection of speed, never above 10mph over posted limit, tires never squealed. I don't consider myself an expert driver.

Can someone let me know if this is normal, my A/C fans never seem to spool down.
I miss Yosemite. Especially the time back when you could just show up and do the Half Dome trail on a whim (no advance booking, reservations, permit etc)

Per the Rivian link, the level 2 destination chargers are open to all. The DCFC (which I do t think exist yet) will only be for Rivians.
They just opened 3 DCFC sites yesterday! It's starting!

They just opened 3 DCFC sites yesterday! It's starting!
Lucid needs to do something similar. EA can't be trusted to deliver a reliable network because they fail to maintain it properly.

Per the Rivian link, the level 2 destination chargers are open to all. The DCFC (which I do t think exist yet) will only be for Rivians.
Everything I’ve read suggests that Rivian uses a standard CCS plug. I would be surprised if they only allowed Rivians on the adventure network.

Everything I’ve read suggests that Rivian uses a standard CCS plug. I would be surprised if they only allowed Rivians on the adventure network.
The adventure network is comprised of a bunch of level 2 j1772 plugs ( free to public) and a bunch of DCFC level 3 CCS plugs (rivian exclusive). While it would be nice for Lucid to have done this, it's probably better in the long run for EA and EvGo to actually build and maintain their networks rather than have a bunch of separate networks.

The adventure network is comprised of a bunch of level 2 j1772 plugs ( free to public) and a bunch of DCFC level 3 CCS plugs (rivian exclusive). While it would be nice for Lucid to have done this, it's probably better in the long run for EA and EvGo to actually build and maintain their networks rather than have a bunch of separate networks.
how many amps do their J1772 plugs run at?

We've reached Williams, AZ Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Unfortunately, about 50 miles out I lost my cameras with the turn signal. No parking camera. Went into settings and did factory reset. Hopefully, I have some of the performance data.

Have Wi-Fi so will post more here shortly!

We've reached Williams, AZ Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Unfortunately, about 50 miles out I lost my cameras with the turn signal. No parking camera. Went into settings and did factory reset. Hopefully, I have some of the performance data.

Have Wi-Fi so will post more here shortly!
I'm not sure the "Factory Reset" is your best option. You can 1) exit the car and then lock it using the Valet Card and leave it sit for around 30 minutes or 2) use the turn signal method for reset. These won't remove any of your travel data.

I guess I need to learn the turn signal method.
Turn on the turn signal, get out of your car, lock the door, and once it stops its reset. Supposedly. There was a post somewhere that said it didn't so anything but give the car time to reset so...

Lucid needs to do something similar. EA can't be trusted to deliver a reliable network because they fail to maintain it properly.
They'd need several years and more than $5 billion to do a decent job.

Correction. I meant to write 11 kw.
That's pretty good. Most Level 2 chargers are about 7kw / hr. To get 11 means that you can get a pretty good fill after only an hour.

That's pretty good. Most Level 2 chargers are about 7kw / hr. To get 11 means that you can get a pretty good fill after only an hour.
Just plain 11kW. Power, or the rate of energy flow, is just plain kW - the rate your battery is being charged. The sum of power over time is energy, or kWh, how much energy has been stored in your battery by putting in power (kW) for some amount of time (h). Sorry for being pedantic, but I'm an EE and have a hard time with scrambled units.

how was it free? was it located at one of the lodges inside the park?

They had two stalls right behind The Ahwahnee. There was no one using it when I got there. Then when I came back there was a Tesla. The next morning another Tesla and a Rivian.

I'm behind the La Quinta in Williams now DC fast charging, started at 25%. So far even driving at 80 mph I'm getting better performance than ABRP. It stated I was going to drive with only 11% SoC. According to the car I'm getting 3.3mi/kWh

I must reiterate, I am having very little issues with comfort. Drive from Vegas to Williams was over 3 hours and just had a little soreness. No shoulder pain at all, unlike my Tundra. I get pain after about 1.5 hours.

I don't know if this is a BUG or something to add to feedback. When you select range map then go back to any other map type the map doesn't scale back to where it was. Also, there needs to be some level of presets. Pinch and zoom isn't a good method at 80 mph.

Another very good navigation improvement would be to place charger location icons on the map. Just click and go to it.

We went through a brief downpour and adaptive cruise worked perfect in the rain.

After charging I'm going to go into the hotel and post pictures from my camera and videos of I can edit. Here are a few more from phone.

Tioga pass is under construction so is very muddy.
20220627_103024.jpg

20220628_121654.jpg

20220628_185529.jpg

Attachments

• 20220628_185529.jpg
    20220628_185529.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
Back