Lucid Air GT 0-60 dragy numbers

Air_GT

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air grand touring
Went out for a few runs last night 😎
Still have my 19" winter Pirellis on and got lots of wheel spin so wasn’t expecting anything spectacular as far as numbers but I actually think this is pretty decent considering.

Attachments

• 31A8C327-A8DF-4CF5-A4B6-3223173DA217.png
    31A8C327-A8DF-4CF5-A4B6-3223173DA217.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 304
Probably will have my summer tires put on Saturday and I’ll update with more numbers!

Reactions: AMG
Ok so I said I would update once I got the summer tires on, here it is.

Went for a few 0-60 only runs yesterday and the car did feel a good bit quicker. Not much tire spin at all with Michelin pilot sport 4S.
It looks like my best was 0-60 in 3.18 seconds and 2.89 with the 1 foot rollout. The 1 foot rollout is a bit silly if you ask me but Tesla and other manufacturers are sometimes using it when giving 0-60 times so it is what it is 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also I just realized for both my posts the satellite signals weren’t ideal (maybe because night time driving with overcast??) I’ll go to the track and get more data and compare the dragy to the track times.

85A65BC1-510F-49FD-AF45-1C1EE6A80F74.jpeg

Interesting... I wonder if the bumps in the acceleration curve are artifacts from the satellite coverage. Seems that would be a nauseating launch with 0.5-1.0g swings like that. Keep us posted!

2.89 seconds! This made my day! I figured it was about the same speed as my three performance but it’s nice to know it’s actually a little faster with that extra 350 hp. Even though it carries a bit more weight around the midsection.

Interesting... I wonder if the bumps in the acceleration curve are artifacts from the satellite coverage. Seems that would be a nauseating launch with 0.5-1.0g swings like that. Keep us posted!
I’m pretty sure that’s just the signal

Good to know and not surprising. The car is incredible compared to anything car on the road in multiple dimensions, not just acceleration, in which it excels.

I’m pretty sure that’s just the signal
My apologies, I posted a half-formed thought. I should've added that if your phone was mounted on an arm or something and it uses the phone's built in accelerometers for G-loads, that bouncing could be mechanical "noise" from the mount. The period seems plausible at ~1.57Hz. Thinking about this kind of thing makes me nerd happy. 😬

My apologies, I posted a half-formed thought. I should've added that if your phone was mounted on an arm or something and it uses the phone's built in accelerometers for G-loads, that bouncing could be mechanical "noise" from the mount. The period seems plausible at ~1.57Hz. Thinking about this kind of thing makes me nerd happy. 😬
This forum is a collection of nerds from multiple fields, take the sound thread for example lol

2.89 seconds! This made my day! I figured it was about the same speed as my three performance but it’s nice to know it’s actually a little faster with that extra 350 hp. Even though it carries a bit more weight around the midsection.
After watching a few Model 3 performance 1/4 mile videos it seems they do get moving with 0-60 times in the 3.3-3.5 range but they only trap like 113-114 in the 1/4 mile iirc so yeah lacking a lot of power towards the end of the track.

Also the 1 foot rollout tires are a bit bogus imo..
At 1 foot the car is going 5 mph so at that point it’s not even a 0-60 time it’s a 5-60 time 🙄 not really a real performance metric.

If you can safely do a 60-130 pull that'd be amazing! IMO the 60-130 pull is the most relevant performance metric as it negates tires and launch control for most part.

If you can safely do a 60-130 pull that'd be amazing! IMO the 60-130 pull is the most relevant performance metric as it negates tires and launch control for most part.

So Summer tires over all season and 19’s over 21’s correct? Very solid times….. anyone else doing draggy? The GT is definitely growing on me and the fact that it’s over the 6000 pound threshold for tax purposes for 2024 is intriguing. Might look at an inventory car or something on the used market to add to the garage.
Going to keep my plaid as I love it, but was curious about some of the performance numbers. In the mid range is it faster than say a refresh model S performance?
Quicker off the line than a model 3P
Thx in advance

I’m curious as well considering adding GT…
is the midrange pull better than the refresh LR?
they are both pretty similar 0-60 1/4 mile
ABSOLUTELY. Even the touring pulled more than it on my test drives of both.
I’m sure it’s better than the M3P as it severely drops off after 70 mph. AGT was not on my radar as I’m waiting for a gravity and currently have a plaid S as a DD. However, GT qualifies for the section 179 IRS code as it weighs over 6000 pounds. I canceled my original reservation three years ago and got my thousand dollar deposit back as I wasn’t liking the car aesthetically, however it has grown on me especially with the tax advantage possibility for 2024….. thinking about adding to my garage.
Thx in advance

So Summer tires over all season and 19’s over 21’s correct? Very solid times….. anyone else doing draggy? The GT is definitely growing on me and the fact that it’s over the 6000 pound threshold for tax purposes for 2024 is intriguing. Might look at an inventory car or something on the used market to add to the garage.
Going to keep my plaid as I love it, but was curious about some of the performance numbers. In the mid range is it faster than say a refresh model S performance?
Thx in advance
The model 3p is very quick off the line because of its weight(same for the s), but by about 30-45 it catches up. Tesla off the line launches are miracles as they are tuned for them, the lucid for midrange!

Thx in advance
Came from a model s plaid. Maybe take a peek to see if you can find a GT performance. I can tell the difference slightly with my Dream edition performance and the plaid. The launch is not as brutal but still brutal enough that it makes your stomach turn. The mid range is very similar to the plaid but the car feels more planted and the noise inside the cabin isn’t as loud. Give a GT performance a shot if you can. I think you’d be really happy with the performance.

Last edited:
On somewhat of a slope as well! Seems that lucid is taking the bmw approach with deliberately underrating the car.. makes me wonder for sapphire.
No need to wonder. It’s a fairly well known fact, though never confirmed, that Lucid sandbags its numbers. Thats why you’ll never find Peter calling performance of the vehicles “exceptional” or “insane” or “ludicrous”; he explicitly says it’s “satisfactory”. That’s a pretty direct rebuke to Elon’s language, and I suspect it is to try and portray Lucid as the “grown ups in the room.” But that’s just my guess.

Came from a model s plaid. Maybe take a peek to see if you can find a GT performance. I can tell the difference slightly with my Dream edition performance and the plaid. The launch is not as brutal but still brutal enough that it makes your stomach turn. The mid range is very similar to the plaid but the car feels more planted and the noise inside the cabin isn’t as loud. Give a GT performance a shot if you can. I think you’d be really happy with the performance.
Thx Koflo- yep just looking for something till gravity. Definitely keeping my S plaid.
I was looking to get into a GT until the gravity arrives.
The GT base may be the choice since the wife will likely drive it a fair amount. I can pick up a low mile used one in the mid 70’s. . I was just inquiring if the numbers were reality especially mid range speed 50 to 80 or so.
Thx
Have a great 24’

Thx Koflo- yep just looking for something till gravity. Definitely keeping my S plaid.
I was looking to get into a GT until the gravity arrives.
The GT base may be the choice since the wife will likely drive it a fair amount. I can pick up a low mile used one in the mid 70’s. . I was just inquiring if the numbers were reality especially mid range speed 50 to 80 or so.
Thx
Have a great 24’
You should try the 18 month bridge lease! It is still not much, you can buy the car out at the end for a good price, and you get priority for Gravity!
The GT base may be the choice since the wife will likely drive it a fair amount.
Savage 🤣 How much time until @AirDoll responds?

+1000. I completely agree. If you are not going to track the car there is no meaningful difference in city driving between 2/3/4/5 seconds. But the 60-130 type measurement is a more real life potential situation (taking advantage of a passing opportunity).

PS My first purchased car was a Mercedes 190D with 240K miles when I got it. It drove beautifully once one was up to speed but the official 0-60 time was 26 seconds!

ABSOLUTELY. Even the touring pulled more than it on my test drives of both.
Man you’re still spreading this. Hahah we had this discussion. And it Almost got me banned! The model S is faster than the Touring all day every day, no comparison.

Given that @EXOTIC2 is comparing GT to model S, then yes, the GT is definitely faster than Model S LR. But isn’t it kind of redundant to own a model S and a lucid air?

Back