EV Newbie Efficiency Starting Low

The tires can be damaged if you DRIVE them in freezing weather. If you leave it parked, they won't be damaged.
Except..when I move my car and drive in that weather....that was my point

cold slows down the chemical reactions that provide electrons
cold lowers the tire pressures ... I've seen as much as 4 psi !

Speed though ... you can burn thru electrons like crazy if you use all the available HP. I bet the Jizzer
wouldn't get 100 miles on a Lucid GT.
What mode are you in? Do you drive in Swift ?

so the biggies are

speed / acceleration
temperature (colder it gets the shorter the trip)
tire pressure ("cold" means ambient out of sun after sitting ~ 6 hrs. Inflate to B-pillar placard. If 21" tires add a pound or two)

Last edited:
I’m likely going to put these Nokian All-Weathers on when the 19” PZeros are done. While we don’t get a ton of snow in southern New England (lately it’s been 2-3 snows per year of 3-5 inches) we’ve been having a LOT of rain with high 30s temps, and while I’ve been pretty happy with the 19” PZero in terms of range and quiet, I think the added safety of the Nokians being able to handle most of it better than All Seasons without having to switch to winter tires is a big benefit. Plus since Lucid doesn’t offer a tire warranty it’s pretty cool Nokian will replace a tire lost to road hazard for free, which makes it an even better deal than America’s Discount tire warranty. Finnish culture is all about driving hard in terrible conditions and with climate change causing so much crazy weather conditions lately I think the Finns have made the smartest tire for the job.

Last edited:
I’d read some other reviews on this tire before firming up a decision. A bit too much of a commercial given it’s his sponsor. They may be great, but I’d look for some truly independent reviews first.

In looking at Nokian’s website, I couldn’t find an ‘all weather’ tire they recommend for the Lucid.

I’d read some other reviews on this tire before firming up a decision. A bit too much of a commercial given it’s his sponsor. They may be great, but I’d look for some truly independent reviews first.
Oh yeah it’s definitely an ad. I know a few other people though that have had Nokians and thought they were great. A Tesla S owner here said it was night and day when he put them on (this was before their all weather compound) versus the OEM tires.

Follow up, efficiency definitely improving as those in here stated. Major difference appears to be weather, but nonetheless I’m around 3.3 and improving. We’ll see how it goes when I put it on the road next weekend. Any tips? I definitely plan on driving over 70 mph. Service tech gave me a couple tips like getting car to preferred temp while charging as that part depletes a decent amount of battery. Also changing back to 80% from 100% battery limit once I get to location.

Service tech gave me a couple tips like getting car to preferred temp while charging as that part depletes a decent amount of battery.
Does the Air do interior conditioning using the charging source if you’re plugged in? I thought it just depletes your battery either way. Like if you charge to 80% over night and in the morning while it’s still plugged in you start preconditioning, your car will be at 77 or 78 after it warms up

Does the Air do interior conditioning using the charging source if you’re plugged in? I thought it just depletes your battery either way. Like if you charge to 80% over night and in the morning while it’s still plugged in you start preconditioning, your car will be at 77 or 78 after it warms up
If you allow it to keep charging (i.e. don’t have a schedule set which prevents charging in the morning) it will charge as it’s conditioning. I don’t think it can bypass the battery or anything that clever, but it will keep you at 80.

It goes to the battery first then the car. So if you’re plugged in and set to charge to 80%, open the app to pre-heat the car, it will draw the power from the HV battery then start charging again once below 80%.

Back