Love the new charger

I didn't use Qmerit. I went straight to my local electrician who I knew has been working closely with Lucid for most of this past year on the charger. He charged me $1440 for the installation and $650 for local Saratoga permit. That plus $1348 for the charger (including tax) totaled $3438. However this qualifies for the maximum tax credit of $1000 which I will receive when I file my 2022 tax return, so the actual total cost will be $2438. Eventually I will have to have them add the necessary equipment for the V2H to operate and most likely that will result in another $1000 tax rebate when that is completed, hopefully sometime in 2023.

Hopefully soon we will be able to schedule the charging time start and stop so I can maximize "off peak" charging times. Since I have an EA station about 2.5 miles from my house, I do most of my charging there.

Hopefully soon we will be able to schedule the charging time start and stop so I can maximize "off peak" charging times. Since I have an EA station about 2.5 miles from my house, I do most of my charging there.
I'm thinking they'll probably implement scheduled charging in the car first, as it's more universally applicable than the same effort expended in adding scheduled charging to Lucid's EVSE. Either way works for me.

I filled out the long QMerit form (from the Lucid website) and they emailed me an estimate of $1,599 but they didn't explain what was going to be done. I had written in the comments "Does this include equipment for reverse charging" but no one ever got back to me. They want a refundable $149.99 to "start review". Do you need to pay them to answer your question? :confused:
I don’t think it includes equipment for reverse charging. That equipment is not available yet. I got qmerit quote of $1999 for 40’ run from panel to charger in So Cal. Where do you live and what is distance for your installation?

I didn't use Qmerit. I went straight to my local electrician who I knew has been working closely with Lucid for most of this past year on the charger. He charged me $1440 for the installation and $650 for local Saratoga permit. That plus $1348 for the charger (including tax) totaled $3438. However this qualifies for the maximum tax credit of $1000 which I will receive when I file my 2022 tax return, so the actual total cost will be $2438. Eventually I will have to have them add the necessary equipment for the V2H to operate and most likely that will result in another $1000 tax rebate when that is completed, hopefully sometime in 2023.
If it’s Willow Glen they do work with QMerit directly, and their pricing is the same (I used QMerit and it led me to Willow Glen)

I ordered the charger and will have it installed soon. I will have it setup outside of my house and what I find interesting is the there is no cap for the device. Since I live close to the ocean I have a feeling over time the connections will corrode due to the salt in the air.

Recommended to my DA they consider making this addition.

I ordered the charger and will have it installed soon. I will have it setup outside of my house and what I find interesting is the there is no cap for the device. Since I live close to the ocean I have a feeling over time the connections will corrode due to the salt in the air.

Recommended to my DA they consider making this addition.
The unit is sealed, but not the vehicle connector - a cap might help there.

I don’t think it includes equipment for reverse charging. That equipment is not available yet. I got qmerit quote of $1999 for 40’ run from panel to charger in So Cal. Where do you live and what is distance for your installation?
Southern Florida - about a 20 foot run from the outside primary meter-panel to the wall inside the garage

Back