Love the new charger

We eventually got it working after several tries. A few cautions. (1) don't use Safari on a Mac, only chrome works. (2) it does not seem to like network passwords with any special characters other than "!"; If you need to try again, leave it off at the breaker for at least 1 minute.

Good luck.
Thanks, my case is pretty vanilla, no special characters, Chrome on Android phone and Chromebook and PC. Tried it perhaps ten times with a couple factory resets in the middle. It's definitely on my network but won't talk.

How much are people paying for a simple install ? Meaning if your box can support the 100 amp breaker and just a short run of wire?
It depends on
- how far is your station from your breaker box
- do you have enough slots or they have to modify breaker box

It depends on
- how far is your station from your breaker box
- do you have enough slots or they have to modify breaker box
I have plenty of slots in my breaker box and the station would be maybe 4 feet from the box. I have 150 amps on the main breaker coming into my townhouse I noticed so I am not sure if 100 amp charging is possible? Thats beyond my skill level.

I have plenty of slots in my breaker box and the station would be maybe 4 feet from the box. I have 150 amps on the main breaker coming into my townhouse I noticed so I am not sure if 100 amp charging is possible? Thats beyond my skill level.
I suppose you can increase amperage at night when you sleep to maximize 80amp. Day time AC on, you have to reduce amp. It’s nice to have such high charger to have that option.

How much are people paying for a simple install ? Meaning if your box can support the 100 amp breaker and just a short run of wire?
My instal quote was $500. Again, just on the other side of the breaker box.

Thanks for the insight everyone. I just ordered the Lucid charger. I thought I should go ahead and order it considering the pace at which they are producing cars to avoid it going out of stock!

I filled out the long QMerit form (from the Lucid website) and they emailed me an estimate of $1,599 but they didn't explain what was going to be done. I had written in the comments "Does this include equipment for reverse charging" but no one ever got back to me. They want a refundable $149.99 to "start review". Do you need to pay them to answer your question? :confused:

Thanks for the insight everyone. I just ordered the Lucid charger. I thought I should go ahead and order it considering the pace at which they are producing cars to avoid it going out of stock!
My 200 amp circuit breaker box was all used up. The QMerit subcontractor had to merge 4 slots into 2 slots to open up 2 slots for 60amp breaker for my Wallbox charger. I wish they made a sub panel instead. My box hardwire to charger location is about 35 ft going thru ceiling then coming down. Qmerit quoted me $2200 in Houston market, FYI. Now I saw the Lucid charger 100 amp, I wonder how would this work or I have to create new panel. Anyway, I envy you are getting 100amp grade charger.
I filled out the long QMerit form (from the Lucid website) and they emailed me an estimate of $1,599 but they didn't explain what was going to be done. I had written in the comments "Does this include equipment for reverse charging" but no one ever got back to me. They want a refundable $149.99 to "start review". Do you need to pay them to answer your question? :confused:
Did you submit pictures of your panel so they can estimate equipment needed to do your work? Or that comes after $149.99 review? I’m not sure how this V2H charging work yet and how this charger can provide that. I know Ford charger is advertising the bi-directional charging. But I haven’t seen or known anyone is doing this online yet.

The V2H necessitates a transfer switch which is separate from the charger just as a fyi.

the charger is supposed to be bi-directional. Has that feature been "turned on" yet?

the charger is supposed to be bi-directional. Has that feature been "turned on" yet?
No because without a transfer switch you can't do it.

I'm going to guess, based on the state of the charger's software, that bidirectional capability is at least 6-12 months away.

Yeah, I was frustrated by this too because they’re unclear, but that’s exactly right - it really is trivially refundable, but you pay the $149 and then they contact your local electricians (who are generally going to be really really good) and you talk to them directly. You’ll get a few quotes most likely. Simplifies payment too, since it’s all done through the QMerit site, and the $149 goes towards it.

If you don’t pick anyone from QMerit, you can just get the $149 refund.

The V2H necessitates a transfer switch which is separate from the charger just as a fyi.
Thank you - this is what I was trying to get out of QMerit.

My 200 amp circuit breaker box was all used up. The QMerit subcontractor had to merge 4 slots into 2 slots to open up 2 slots for 60amp breaker for my Wallbox charger. I wish they made a sub panel instead. My box hardwire to charger location is about 35 ft going thru ceiling then coming down. Qmerit quoted me $2200 in Houston market, FYI. Now I saw the Lucid charger 100 amp, I wonder how would this work or I have to create new panel. Anyway, I envy you are getting 100amp grade charger.

Did you submit pictures of your panel so they can estimate equipment needed to do your work? Or that comes after $149.99 review? I’m not sure how this V2H charging work yet and how this charger can provide that. I know Ford charger is advertising the bi-directional charging. But I haven’t seen or known anyone is doing this online yet.
Yes, a half dozen pictures as they requested. It's quite a questionnaire. Then the email said $1,599 estimate, give us $149 to start the process. With SO MANY questions, and this being an installation for a Lucid Charger which does bi-directional power, I would have either expected a check box "Do you want bi-directional power capability?" or something stating that it did not include this.

Same
Yes, a half dozen pictures as they requested. It's quite a questionnaire. Then the email said $1,599 estimate, give us $149 to start the process. With SO MANY questions, and this being an installation for a Lucid Charger which does bi-directional power, I would have either expected a check box "Do you want bi-directional power capability?" or something stating that it did not include this.
I had Qmerit estimate in the same ball park. The local guy was like “naaahhh that’s too much.” I wonder if it’s an over estimate to manage expectations 🤔

FYI... installed on a 100a breaker (½ of a 200a panel) replaced the Tesla charger that was there. straight and short run from the breaker to the Lucid adaptor on the other side of the wall... I get 18 kw and it charges at 60 miles for every hour. have been totally unsuccessful at installing the wifi connection to the unit... will give it another go after the holiday.

The $1599.00 estimate from QMerit does that include the Lucid charger? If not forget about it and just get a licensed electrician.

Back