RESOLVED Locked OUT of car

Do you have to program the valet key somehow? Idk how to use them. Putting them up against the door doesn’t do anything for me
Should not need to. Have you been putting it in the right spit? Above the camera on the B pillar?

I will try again and report back!l

Screenshot_20230502_175430_Drive.jpg

I don’t see a “fix” to this problem … this is a software issue that should be addressed. My wife left her purse in the car with the mobile key, valet key, and key fob in the car in the driveway and came into the house to retrieve something. The car locked automatically. It is absurd to suggest she should take her purse out of the car everytime she parks in the driveway.

Can a staff member tell me that this issue is being taken seriously?

Technically this is a smart anti-theft mechanism, as I would definitely want my car to lock itself if I left every means to steal the vehicle inside the car by accident. I keep my extra valet card inside the house in case this happens, but I understand both of you may keep them on you given the possible need to do a valet reset. You may be able to call CS and have them remotely unlock the vehicle in this situation, I'm not sure.

My wife discovered this auto-lock feature on our Subaru the hard way, accidentally locked our 2 year old in the back seat when she was bringing her to swim class when the door fell shut with her key and phone inside the car while she was getting out of the car with the car still on. The fire department had to come jimmy the lock open.

I don’t see a “fix” to this problem … this is a software issue that should be addressed. My wife left her purse in the car with the mobile key, valet key, and key fob in the car in the driveway and came into the house to retrieve something. The car locked automatically. It is absurd to suggest she should take her purse out of the car everytime she parks in the driveway.

Can a staff member tell me that this issue is being taken seriously?
When this happens, push in on the door handles firmly. That will unlock the car when it locks with a key inside. Not a fatal flaw.

When this happens, push in on the door handles firmly. That will unlock the car when it locks with a key inside. Not a fatal flaw.
Oh yeah I forgot about that feature! I guess Lucid staff already took it seriously.

Last edited:
Thanks…I was just bummed when I called customer service and they said they would send a message to the software team…if this is a known solution they should give the “fix” to the customer service people…I ran a company at one time with 500 people and we always updated then with the “quick fixes” … this is probably on the “to do“ list for Lucid.

I had to go to this forum for the fix.

Again … thanks

Maybe it's because I grew up in the inner city, but the thought of leaving my phone or key fob in my car, even when walking just a few feet away, just doesn't compute. Similar to when folks tell me they leave their cars unlocked inside their garages or their house doors unlocked overnight.

My head just wants to explode. I couldn't sleep if I did any of that.
I do keep my doors locked now but when I was growing up our front door was never locked. Times have changed.

Oh yeah I forgot about that feature! I guess Lucid staff already took it seriously.
I’m staring at my car with the key locked inside in the cupholder and no number of presses on the door handles will wake it. The mobile key on my phone isn’t working and neither is the app. Customer care says there is a technical problem and they are working on it.

I know there are differences of opinion on this, but from my perspective the car should never lock with the keyfob inside. I don’t care if they steal something, even the car, that would be less irritating than being locked out.

At least make the feature user selected.

I’m staring at my car with the key locked inside in the cupholder and no number of presses on the door handles will wake it. The mobile key on my phone isn’t working and neither is the app. Customer care says there is a technical problem and they are working on it.

I know there are differences of opinion on this, but from my perspective the car should never lock with the keyfob inside. I don’t care if they steal something, even the car, that would be less irritating than being locked out.

With two people, pushing on both front door handles simultaneously woke the car.

Did you try the key card? It should always be kept in your wallet just in case this situation arises.

I would encourage all owners reading this thread please become familiar with how to lock and unlock your car. Pretty much every situation noted here is a case of user error. I created a video a while back on the various types of locking and unlocking, and the manual is also very clear.

I would encourage all owners reading this thread please become familiar with how to lock and unlock your car. Pretty much every situation noted here is a case of user error. I created a video a while back on the various types of locking and unlocking, and the manual is also very clear.
I appreciate your response. Leaving my key fob in the car was clearly user error. If that’s what you mean.

Beyond that it was all the vehicle and the Lucid network’s fault. Everyone can say you should have prepared for this by keeping extra fobs and keycards handy. But if either the car or Lucid network functioned correctly I wouldn’t have to do that.

Customer care was very polite and felt bad that they couldn’t help.

I appreciate your response. Leaving my key fob in the car was clearly user error. If that’s what you mean.

Beyond that it was all the vehicle and the Lucid network’s fault. Everyone can say you should have prepared for this by keeping extra fobs and keycards handy. But if either the car or Lucid network functioned correctly I wouldn’t have to do that.

Customer care was very polite and felt bad that they couldn’t help.
No need for fob, just keycard. I keep mine in my wallet at all times.

The mobile key on my phone isn’t working and neither is the app. Customer care says there is a technical problem and they are working on it.

It's odd that the digital key did not work. My digital key worked without issue despite the server for the app being down. The digital key is a direct to car Bluetooth signal. In fact I only use digital key. I never carry the fob.

It's odd that the digital key did not work. My digital key worked without issue despite the server for the app being down. The digital key is a direct to car Bluetooth signal. In fact I only use digital key. I never carry the fob.
Correct. The mobile key does not require any internet connectivity as it just uses Bluetooth and location services on your phone.

@cabood you may not have mobile key set up. When you do, do you hit unlock on the app or does it unlock automatically? If the former, you don’t have mobile key set up.

Correct. The mobile key does not require any internet connectivity as it just uses Bluetooth and location services on your phone.

@cabood you may not have mobile key set up. When you do, do you hit unlock on the app or does it unlock automatically? If the former, you don’t have mobile key set up.
And, to tag on here, if you have your mobile key set up and you leave your phone in the car, a simple press of the door handle will unlock it.

The cupholder can be a "deadzone", where the car can not detect the presence of the key.

I would not leave the key in the cupholder...

Thinking about this topic, I started taking my fob-in-Faraday-pouch with me when I travel, and leaving it in the car. If I ever need a tow, service, or valet I can give them my fob. Else what do you do? Give them your key card and your pass code, with written instructions on how to use it (difficult even if you know how) and the pass code; or do you just hand them your phone, with your phone pass code ?

Back