RESOLVED Locked OUT of car

wcpopi

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
While on a road trip last week to see the superbloom, I stopped at a roadside stand to buy some local honey, leaving both my phone and the key fob in the car. I was out of the car about 20 minutes. Upon returning, the car was locked! I borrowed a phone, called Lucid Customer Assistance, and they were able to unlock the car electronically. There are some interesting implications to this, including that if this happened outside of cell range, there would be no way to get the car unlocked! I'd vote for a setting that would allow the user to toggle when the car will auto lock.

While on a road trip last week to see the superbloom, I stopped at a roadside stand to buy some local honey, leaving both my phone and the key fob in the car. I was out of the car about 20 minutes. Upon returning, the car was locked! I borrowed a phone, called Lucid Customer Assistance, and they were able to unlock the car electronically. There are some interesting implications to this, including that if this happened outside of cell range, there would be no way to get the car unlocked! I'd vote for a setting that would allow the user to toggle when the car will auto lock.
Push the handle in and it'll unlock.

Maybe it's because I grew up in the inner city, but the thought of leaving my phone or key fob in my car, even when walking just a few feet away, just doesn't compute. Similar to when folks tell me they leave their cars unlocked inside their garages or their house doors unlocked overnight.

My head just wants to explode. I couldn't sleep if I did any of that.

But it's good to know that that is how it is supposed to work! :)

Maybe it's because I grew up in the inner city, but the thought of leaving my phone or key fob in my car, even when walking just a few feet away, just doesn't compute. Similar to when folks tell me they leave their cars unlocked inside their garages or their house doors unlocked overnight.

My head just wants to explode. I couldn't sleep if I did any of that.
Exploding head? Reminds me of my mother in law, who used to say that she wanted to blow her brains out. In either case, the inside of the car would not be pretty!😎

If the key is left in the cup holder, the car access control system sometimes has trouble receiving its wireless signal/knowing that it is still there.

Try leaving the key somewhere else...
Yep, like your pocket!

I have not had great success leaving the fob in my pocket. New batter and randomly get message that key not detected.

Exploding head? Reminds me of my mother in law, who used to say that she wanted to blow her brains out. In either case, the inside of the car would not be pretty!😎
Hyperbole runs in my family.

I have not had great success leaving the fob in my pocket. New batter and randomly get message that key not detected.
Left or right pocket?

Right pocket.
Weird, at least you aren't a monster like @joec . I've only received the message when the key slips under my leg and the car is like "Get your fat leg off the key!"

This happened to me today. My fob was in the cupholder and my mobile key wouldn't open the car. Luckily I was at home and had the second fob close by.

This happened to me today. My fob was in the cupholder and my mobile key wouldn't open the car. Luckily I was at home and had the second fob close by.
Valet card saves the day. I’ve done it. The Valet card is always in my wallet, and if I don’t have my wallet on me then I’m not wearing pants.

Valet card saves the day. I’ve done it. The Valet card is always in my wallet, and if I don’t have my wallet on me then I’m not wearing pants.
Do you have to program the valet key somehow? Idk how to use them. Putting them up against the door doesn’t do anything for me

Back