RESOLVED Locked OUT of car

Great to know, difficult to remember if I need it after next week... Too many secret handshakes for things like this and rebooting the car, and valet parking code bypass etc. I need a cheat sheet and with my luck I would no doubt accidentally lock it in the car when needed... But thanks again.. This one I think I will be using more frequently than the others if history repeats
Fwiw, it is also in the manual (which you can access from your phone) and in the FAQ on lucidupdates.com

Today I was locked out of the car with my fob in the holder behind the Pilot Panel. My app could not wake up the car even after repeated tries for about five minutes or more. Finally the app connected an opened the car. I was shocked I could be locked out. I have another far less technologically advanced car that doesn't allow me to lock my keys in the car or the trunk.

Today I was locked out of the car with my fob in the holder behind the Pilot Panel. My app could not wake up the car even after repeated tries for about five minutes or more. Finally the app connected an opened the car. I was shocked I could be locked out. I have another far less technologically advanced car that doesn't allow me to lock my keys in the car or the trunk.
Did you try firmly pressing the doorhandle in?

I suggest you set up "phone as a key", which does not rely upon good cell connectivity to open the car. The app can't remotely wake the car if AT&T connectivity is spotty...

And, I am guessing that the door would have opened if you had pushed on a door handle...

I would encourage all owners reading this thread please become familiar with how to lock and unlock your car. Pretty much every situation noted here is a case of user error. I created a video a while back on the various types of locking and unlocking, and the manual is also very clear.
where would someone find this video?

Did you try firmly pressing the doorhandle in?
No I semi-panicked because I had a nine-week old baby with me and it's 107 degrees in TX today. I just kept trying my app. But this afternoon I got on the forum to research the problem and the solutions. I now have lots of solutions that I'm taking screenshots of just in case it happens again. Thank you :cool:

I’m staring at my car with the key locked inside in the cupholder and no number of presses on the door handles will wake it. The mobile key on my phone isn’t working and neither is the app. Customer care says there is a technical problem and they are working on it.

I know there are differences of opinion on this, but from my perspective the car should never lock with the keyfob inside. I don’t care if they steal something, even the car, that would be less irritating than being locked out.

At least make the feature user selected.
I'm with you on the car locking with the key inside. I don't consider this a feature but more of an annoyance. My Audi SUV will not allow you to lock the vehicle if the key is detected inside the car. Some people like this feature I guess, so I'll leave it at that.

I was told by a Lucid rep that the mobile key has two states (awake and asleep). When the key goes to sleep, presumably to save battery, the car will lock, even if the key is inside. I was also quoted that the method by which you push in both the driver's and driver side passenger door handles in simultaneously will unlock the car 80% of the time. The unfortunate 20% of the time you'll have to rely on either a spare fob, your phone, wallet card, or Lucid support. The first time this happened to me was with a Lucid Loaner, where I had no other means to unlock the vehicle other than the primary key that was provided (but I left in the cupholder).

So weird. I still have the original batteries in both my fobs. Been using for more than six months. Never use any sort of faraday pouch. Both working just fine.
I've personally replaced mine 3 times (in 1.5 years of ownership) and the battery has been replaced by Lucid every time it's been in for some sort of service/correction of faults (15 or so times). So, yeah, 18 replacements in 1.5 years - I do not consider this great. Mobile key continues to be unreliable for me and therefore I rely on my fob predominantly.

I've personally replaced mine 3 times (in 1.5 years of ownership) and the battery has been replaced by Lucid every time it's been in for some sort of service/correction of faults (15 or so times). So, yeah, 18 replacements in 1.5 years - I do not consider this great. Mobile key continues to be unreliable for me and therefore I rely on my fob predominantly.
Mobile key on iPhone is 100% for me. I only use the fobs when I valet. Not a fan of the fob design or functionality so this is my silent protest.

Mobile key on iPhone is 100% for me. I only use the fobs when I valet. Not a fan of the fob design or functionality so this is my silent protest.
On both mine (iPhone 15 pro) and my spouse's iPhone 15 we have a collective success rate of 50%. I've even removed the phones and added them again as mobile keys without success. The inconsistency just bugs the crap out of me. It was no better with the iphone 12 and 13 pro that we replaced.

On both mine (iPhone 15 pro) and my spouse's iPhone 15 we have a collective success rate of 50%. I've even removed the phones and added them again as mobile keys without success. The inconsistency just bugs the crap out of me. It was no better with the iphone 12 and 13 pro that we replaced.
Something is wrong. I wish we could get together and test things. Are you saying it completely fails half the time? You may need a new antenna or CCC module.

I always carry my key card in my wallet as the ultimate form of insurance against being locked out. Also have mobile key setup and do use the fob as well... so I carry all three forms of access at all times ..

I’m hopeful that Lucid will allow upgrades to the Gravity fob design. Looks better and has physical buttons

Car and driver recommends you use all three with the card being the most effective as it doesn’t relay on Bluetooth or WiFi signal.

At least Lucid has the key card. I wish they would go to an actual key for backup. The fob battery dies to fast and your phone is useless if your in a weak WiFi area.

I’m hopeful that Lucid will allow upgrades to the Gravity fob design. Looks better and has physical buttons
It is completely different with physical buttons. It also uses a different technology. At least that’s how it looks for now.

Car and driver recommends you use all three with the card being the most effective as it doesn’t relay on Bluetooth or WiFi signal.

At least Lucid has the key card. I wish they would go to an actual key for backup. The fob battery dies to fast and your phone is useless if your in a weak WiFi area.
the key fob works like a key card if the battery is dead.

It is completely different with physical buttons. It also uses a different technology. At least that’s how it looks for now.
I would not be surprised if Lucid eventually started using a similar fob to the Gravity in the Air. But not until after Gravity ships. And it won’t be backwards compatible with current Airs. They will need to change some hardware in the car itself. So maybe with 2025 or 2026 models?

All of this is incorrect.
  1. Many of us have found that having both the fob and phone can cause them to “compete” with an unsatisfactory outcome.
  2. You can still open the car with the fob battery completely dead or even removed. A video showing this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.
  3. The mobile key does not use WiFi at all so cell signal strength has no bearing on it.

Something is wrong. I wish we could get together and test things. Are you saying it completely fails half the time? You may need a new antenna or CCC module.
As in approaching the car with my cellphone alone will not unlock the car about half the time, unless I go in the Lucid app and unlock manually. Wonder if that's something that can be addressed with a mobile visit. I just got the car back from the service center and don't want to give it up again for a bit lol.

As in approaching the car with my cellphone alone will not unlock the car about half the time, unless I go in the Lucid app and unlock manually. Wonder if that's something that can be addressed with a mobile visit. I just got the car back from the service center and don't want to give it up again for a bit lol.
Has this been happening just recently or ever since you've owned it?

Back