Leaving Colorado

All tires or only rears. You never want more traction up front than in the rear. Standard recommendation for snow tires is on the rear for RWD and on all tires for FWD or AWD.

All tires or only rears. You never want more traction up front than in the rear. Standard recommendation for snow tires is on the rear for RWD and on all tires for FWD or AWD.
Huh, I always heard front tires on FWD cars, but the Lucid manual agrees with you.

Huh, I always heard front tires on FWD cars, but the Lucid manual agrees with you.
Only rears. People say front because they're idiots. I laugh every year in/out of Tahoe watching people install them on their fronts only to get pulled over three minutes later by CHP to be told to put them on their rears, lol. There's always a line of like 10 cars.

From the manual, for others:
1723254919835.webp

Only rears. People say front because they're idiots. I laugh every year in/out of Tahoe watching people install them on their fronts only to get pulled over three minutes later by CHP to be told to put them on their rears, lol. There's always a line of like 10 cars.

View attachment 22552
Glad I’ve only ever driven AWD or RWD, I’ve been spared the embarrassment. That said, even living on a mountain in Colorado for 6 years, I have used chains exactly once. As Lucid says, snow tires are usually all you need.

View attachment 22552

Back