LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. Competing with Tesla would be suicidal. But I’m not convinced that’s the long-term play. Rawlinson cares too much about the driving dynamics to ever take Lucid in that direction entirely.
Agreed, but nothing wrong with Lucid having a 53K EQB SUV like Benz.

That’s what I always say.. but don’t forget, most people in my area have the traditional white Mercedes, they are VERY used to predictable car companies. Not many take risks with companies, which is sad. For example, teslas were not seen until 2020 with much frequency here, but now (2022-24) the y is more popular than a Corolla.
Yeah yeah, I know it's North Caldwell but whenever I think about driving in Jersey this plays between my ears 😅

Having the "greatest" chassis tech does not equal sales, no matter what the marketing budget is. How many cars does Lotus sell? The market is littered with companies with great tech that failed. Car enthusiasts buy cars with great chassis tech but that is not the majority. Many people are more interested in software and features inside the car and Lucid is just not there yet. There is also a very small market for expensive EV sedans that is now split across several vendors, including Lucid. This was not the case when Tesla launched the Model S. Lucid made the mistake that they could sell large numbers of expensive EV sedans, following the Tesla model, but the market is very different. This set expectations that Lucid cannot meet which killed the stock. The Gravity is likely to do better because it is an SUV but, again, expensive and limited market. The "street" sees this and does not see a turn around in the reasonable future, thus the stock is getting killed.

Having the "greatest" chassis tech does not equal sales, no matter what the marketing budget is. How many cars does Lotus sell? The market is littered with companies with great tech that failed. Car enthusiasts buy cars with great chassis tech but that is not the majority. Many people are more interested in software and features inside the car and Lucid is just not there yet. There is also a very small market for expensive EV sedans that is now split across several vendors, including Lucid. This was not the case when Tesla launched the Model S. Lucid made the mistake that they could sell large numbers of expensive EV sedans, following the Tesla model, but the market is very different. This set expectations that Lucid cannot meet which killed the stock. The Gravity is likely to do better because it is an SUV but, again, expensive and limited market. The "street" sees this and does not see a turn around in the reasonable future, thus the stock is getting killed.
Time to buy.
Everybody said the exact same thing about Apple when their stock was super low… Too expensive, niche market. Look what happened. Could Lucid be the next one? I don’t know, but the price of entry is pretty cheap.

Time to buy.
Everybody said the exact same thing about Apple when their stock was super low… Too expensive, niche market. Look what happened. Could Lucid be the next one? I don’t know, but the price of entry is pretty cheap.
I see it this same way, if it goes to 1 dollar I don’t lose much… but if it even goes to 20, which is realistic? That would be a LOT for me! Besides, I don’t see any bad news coming now that the air slump is over, gravity is coming, and the midsize suv is under development!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back