LCID just went below $8

Wow LCID down 9% so far today. Sad face!

Tesla down 14%. I mean I'm sure many are waiting for 2023 for the EV credit to kick in for the Model Y hence one reason of poor Q4 sales (and of course overall economy). I wonder how Lucid did in Q4.
LCID almost always going follow TSLA's price action.

Looks like TSLA is going to go sub 100 sooner than expected. If LCID doesn't show good numbers for Q4, the SP is going to suffer spectacularly.

I feel like the market was due for a correction! Buy at the dip!

FWIW I have all my shares up for security lending. I can tell you someone just borrowed all of it last week and it hasn't been returned.

I'm looking to add to my position, I'm just hanging on to a position in MAXR hoping for a higher BO price. Their go shop clause ends in Feb so I'm praying Lucid doesn't pop in the next 30-45 days.
If you have your shares up for security lending, you are making good money for doing this, but you give up capital gains on the stock as I imagine that the 1 year holding period is now extended as you actually do not own the shares anymore when you lend them out. When you buy a put option, your capital gains time period is put on hold till the option is off. I would assume it is probably the same when you lend out your shares. Not sure if you are aware of this.

Wow LCID down 9% so far today. Sad face!

Tesla down 14%. I mean I'm sure many are waiting for 2023 for the EV credit to kick in for the Model Y hence one reason of poor Q4 sales (and of course overall economy). I wonder how Lucid did in Q4.
My safe speculation is Lucid delivered more Air in Q4 than Q3 and Tesla miss target because China has 600M new Covid cases in December and crippled Shanghai Gigafactory production operation.

My safe speculation is Lucid delivered more Air in Q4 than Q3 and Tesla miss target because China has 600M new Covid cases in December and crippled Shanghai Gigafactory production operation.
Wait, are you trying to reason with the markets? Lol. It all seems so random to be. It honestly seems to me that the stock goes up or down any given day and people try and figure out why.

If you have your shares up for security lending, you are making good money for doing this, but you give up capital gains on the stock as I imagine that the 1 year holding period is now extended as you actually do not own the shares anymore when you lend them out. When you buy a put option, your capital gains time period is put on hold till the option is off. I would assume it is probably the same when you lend out your shares. Not sure if you are aware of this.
I'll need to double check this. I wasn't aware that lending them out would affect the long/short classification of the shares when selling.

I'll need to double check this. I wasn't aware that lending them out would affect the long/short classification of the shares when selling.
Let me know what you find out.

I'm pretty sure I am correct, since you do not own the shares when you lend them out, so capitol gains time period is on hold till you withdraw your lending and the shares go back into your account.

Wait, are you trying to reason with the markets? Lol. It all seems so random to be. It honestly seems to me that the stock goes up or down any given day and people try and figure out why.
Stock certificates are like Pokemón cards, they all have each build-in intrinsic value based on fundamentals and narrative of market conditions. Once the known variables are defined, then the biggest poker game begins trading these commodities based on supple and demand of speculative outcome on later streets.

Let me know what you find out.

I'm pretty sure I am correct, since you do not own the shares when you lend them out, so capitol gains time period is on hold till you withdraw your lending and the shares go back into your account.
A quick call to Schwab, and I've been assured that lending had no effect on the capital gains classification.

A quick call to Schwab, and I've been assured that lending had no effect on the capital gains classification.
I'm glad you asked.

Previously I had some large gains on some stocks and was thinking of buying some puts as insurance so if the stock went down I could still sell them at a higher price and get my capital gain after holding for 1 year. When I called the options department at Schwab to verify the put would not affect the capital gains period, they told me that yes it would affect it and as long as I owned the put my time period was put on hold, and would only resume when the put was either expired or sold.

I'm surprised that it did not apply in your case.

I'm glad you asked.

Previously I had some large gains on some stocks and was thinking of buying some puts as insurance so if the stock went down I could still sell them at a higher price and get my capital gain after holding for 1 year. When I called the options department at Schwab to verify the put would not affect the capital gains period, they told me that yes it would affect it and as long as I owned the put my time period was put on hold, and would only resume when the put was either expired or sold.

I know I sold a lot of shares awhile back in LCID/CCIV. If I'm not too lazy I can go check to see if it was ever borrowed and how the gains were classified.

Only difference is with Saudi PIF support and incentives, they will ramp up much quicker with NO RISK of bankruptcy. Saudi's sold Tesla before it shot up. They will never make that mistake again. They need to diversify from oil, and Lucid is their ticket. Saudi factory will be up and running in 2 years with battery manufacturing units set up nearby.Saudi's have the money to throw at this. They made 200 billion in profit in 2022 just from oil.
That’s not good for current shareholders though. The more money the Saudis pump in the more existing shareholders get diluted. (And the larger the Saudi govt stake becomes, although at 2/3 owner other shareholders already won’t get much of a voice on anything that goes to shareholder vote).

That’s not good for current shareholders though. The more money the Saudis pump in the more existing shareholders get diluted. (And the larger the Saudi govt stake becomes, although at 2/3 owner other shareholders already won’t get much of a voice on anything that goes to shareholder vote).
The more money the Saudis pump into Lucid the more Lucid Group is worth. That is good for current shareholders.

Unless you are planning a hostile takeover, it doesn't matter if your ownership stake is diluted.

If you so strongly disagree with Lucid leadership then there is a simple remedy: sell your LCID.

I grabbed some more at $6.24. May not be rock bottom, but I’m not a day trader. I cost averaged other shares bought much higher and as long as Lucid succeeds, I think I’ll be happy with my return.

The more money the Saudis pump into Lucid the more Lucid Group is worth. That is good for current shareholders.

Unless you are planning a hostile takeover, it doesn't matter if your ownership stake is diluted.

If you so strongly disagree with Lucid leadership then there is a simple remedy: sell your LCID.

I'm glad you asked.

520th message from you btw

"The more money the Saudis pump into Lucid the more Lucid Group is worth. That is good for current shareholders."

This not always the case--yes, the moment after the funding the # of shares goes up (dilution) but the company has the new cash (offsetting accretion).

What it does with the cash is key. If it invests it in value-creating capital projects that's one thing. If the cash gets burned funding operating deficits (let's say greater than anticipated warranty costs) the dilution does hurt all shareholders

"The more money the Saudis pump into Lucid the more Lucid Group is worth. That is good for current shareholders."

This not always the case--yes, the moment after the funding the # of shares goes up (dilution) but the company has the new cash (offsetting accretion).

What it does with the cash is key. If it invests it in value-creating capital projects that's one thing. If the cash gets burned funding operating deficits (let's say greater than anticipated warranty costs) the dilution does hurt all shareholders

LOL

Yes, if corporate leadership makes good decisions it is good for shareholders.

IF corporate leadership makes bad decisions it is bad for shareholders.

Most knowledgably investors understand that Lucid is a startup in a capital intensive business. There is going to be "cash burn" funding operating deficits. For years.

Just like Tesla. Yes, there is no guarantee Lucid will see future profits like current Tesla profits.

Back