LCID just went below $8

I do also believe the Saudi's will plan to take the company private and at these low prices I would bet they are just adding to their shares on the public market.
They would have added much more when it was at $6, I don’t believe they will take it private.

Anyone notice all the FUD has stopped? No new hit pieces. My tin foil hat says someone wanted to buy in at a low price and that mission has been accomplished. Up we go, followed by some nice PR.

Also think Gravity info and reservations will be fully revealed Wednesday

Anyone notice all the FUD has stopped? No new hit pieces. My tin foil hat says someone wanted to buy in at a low price and that mission has been accomplished. Up we go, followed by some nice PR.

Also think Gravity info and reservations will be fully revealed Wednesday
Time to prepare!

Yep. I dumped everything I added yesterday ah after listening to the call. A crapload of shares but still made se green.

When the dust settles I'll buy them back. Interestingly there was some huge walls at 8.50 and 8.30.

Still keeping a close eye on this. I don't know if the price will drop much lower, I don't see how any more bad news can come. Unless reservations drop more but it sounds like they won't be releasing those numbers on the next call.

Capital that was previously used to buy lcid is tied up but as soon it frees, I think I'm going to slowly start to buy back.

I personally think sapphire for them is a bad move. Just focus on the SUV and then focus on getting closer to the 60k market.

I think that's all investors care about is getting the car into the customer's hands.

Hindsight is 20/20. Would they do Sapphire now, given the current market conditions? Probably not. But several years ago, when they launched the Sapphire project internally, it probably seemed like a great idea.

These timelines are several years. You can’t just say “Okay, we’re going to do Gravity first now.” And then ship Gravity the following week.

All the suggestions people keep making about getting to the lower end model, getting Gravity shipped, etc are literally exactly what Lucid is doing. They are just doing it in the real world, not on fantasy time.

Hindsight is 20/20. Would they do Sapphire now, given the current market conditions? Probably not. But several years ago, when they launched the Sapphire project internally, it probably seemed like a great idea.

These timelines are several years. You can’t just say “Okay, we’re going to do Gravity first now.” And then ship Gravity the following week.

All the suggestions people keep making about getting to the lower end model, getting Gravity shipped, etc are literally exactly what Lucid is doing. They are just doing it in the real world, not on fantasy time.
But why is sapphire a good idea at all? I don't see a market need for it.

And from what I have seen on the website the 250k price tag is for 3 motors, more carbon fiber, and ceramic brakes. But most of that is just performance. I really don't see how the price is justified. But it's just such a small market that I really don't think it was ever a economical choice than just trying to have the title of fastest sedan.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

They need a 50k car/ suv to remain relevant
Made some $ in January/ feb and then got out
Same with Tesla. I’ll probably re-enter again in may
1st 1 quarter numbers are almost always bad for the auto Industry

They need a 50k car/ suv to remain relevant
Made some $ in January/ feb and then got out
Same with Tesla. I’ll probably re-enter again in may
1st 1 quarter numbers are almost always bad for the auto Industry
Like I said, they are literally already working on this. But you can’t just put “make me a $50k car” in ChatGPT and have it appear.

And from what I have seen on the website the 250k price tag is for 3 motors, more carbon fiber, and ceramic brakes. But most of that is just performance. I really don't see how the price is justified. But it's just such a small market that I really don't think it was ever a economical choice than just trying to have the title of fastest sedan.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Similar to the range, it is important that Lucid establish its brand as being superior in engineering to Tesla and all the others in every possible way. Sapphire does that.

I may never buy a Sapphire. But the fact the Sapphire exists is part of the reason many will buy a GT, or a Pure. It lends the brand credibility. Something they so desperately need.

Now, looking at the market today, that maybe could have taken a back seat to a few other things. But five years ago, when literally no one had ever heard of Lucid, it was a good strategy.

They are so close to the finish line with it now, of course, that it makes no sense to abandon it. It’ll still generate some headlines.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Because clout is clout. Being able to say no one else can beat you for performance matters in a luxury brand. Plus, the Sapphire is still a bargain. Compare what you get to a Rimac or Pinnafarinna...

Similar to the range, it is important that Lucid establish its brand as being superior in engineering to Tesla and all the others in every possible way. Sapphire does that.

I may never buy a Sapphire. But the fact the Sapphire exists is part of the reason many will buy a GT, or a Pure. It lends the brand credibility. Something they so desperately need.

Now, looking at the market today, that maybe could have taken a back seat to a few other things. But five years ago, when literally no one had ever heard of Lucid, it was a good strategy.

They are so close to the finish line with it now, of course, that it makes no sense to abandon it. It’ll still generate some headlines.

Because clout is clout. Being able to say no one else can beat you for performance matters in a luxury brand. Plus, the Sapphire is still a bargain. Compare what you get to a Rimac or Pinnafarinna...
I agree on price and performance, and even headlines for clout. But couldn't they just make a AGT with a 3rd motor for the headlines? Probably would be much more reasonable price wise and still hold the titles.

Because the Tesla Model S Plaid is tri-motor.
All Lucid's to date are dual motor. So it makes sense to me to have 2 options, tri motor, and ceramic brakes.

But that's just my 2 cents.

I agree on price and performance, and even headlines for clout. But couldn't they just make a AGT with a 3rd motor for the headlines? Probably would be much more reasonable price wise and still hold the titles.

All Lucid's to date are dual motor. So it makes sense to me to have 2 options, tri motor, and ceramic brakes.

Probably not, they most likely need the engineering to say they have the fastest production sedan that can lap the Nurburgring or any race track where there are lap times. Brakes, torque vectoring, wider tires, etc all contribute to the package.

I think it has to do with the definition of engineering excellence. Lucid is a leader in EV technology because of their engineering excellence. Sapphire demonstrates the full package, battery, drive train, suspension, brakes etc. Yes, they could have just added a third motor like Tesla Plaid. It would have been cheaper and incremetnally faster but it would not have been the full package and it would not have been excellent engineering. It is Lucid's engineering excellence combined with outstanding design that attracted me to the AGT. Sapphire is continuing the engineering excellence part of the brand image. That is important to buyers of all trim levels.

Back