Latest Update 1.2.1

With all the Alexa commands why is there no command for the trunk and frunk

Can you open it with Siri? Because if so you can just make a shortcut on your iPhone and have Alexa connect to that shortcut.

Can you open it with Siri? Because if so you can just make a shortcut on your iPhone and have Alexa connect to that shortcut.
Yes you can except my Siri doesn’t recognize the word “frunk”. It thinks I am saying “Frank” 😑

Yes you can except my Siri doesn’t recognize the word “frunk”. It thinks I am saying “Frank” 😑
In that motortrend video forever ago, didn't Peter say, "Alexa close the trunk" and it closed?

In that motortrend video forever ago, didn't Peter say, "Alexa close the trunk" and it closed?
Oh I don’t remember. But I’ve tried that command and it didn’t understand it. But I haven’t tried it with 1.2.1

I keep suggesting Shortcuts on iPhone but… you can make a shortcut so that when you say “Hey Siri, open the Frank” it’ll open the frunk.
That’s good to know

What a world we live in, where if your car doesn't buy toilet paper when asked - it is considered a malfunction.
I once worked with a high ranking personnel at the DoD who point blank told me that she didn't care if the application I was designing for them functions perfectly because all she cared about is that the pages have appropriate colors..... That's when I understood why they had $2 million reports that doesn't actually report on any accurate data and the report was in use for 5 years. :)

So now its been 30 minutes and boy is it loud. Sounds like every possible fan is running full bore. I'm assuming this is normal? Only 38% done at this point.
Isnt is dangerous that the car locks the door -- if you forgot a kid or animal, emergency medication, emergency phone, cigarette (albeit usual today) etc. in the back seat? Compare regulatory strap for trunk.

Isnt is dangerous that the car locks the door -- if you forgot a kid or animal, emergency medication, emergency phone, cigarette (albeit usual today) etc. in the back seat? Compare regulatory strap for trunk.

I assume it uses the weight sensor at the very least to see if there's a child in the back seat. Granted, some dogs are too light to trigger that (I've got an 18-pound Yorkshire Terrier), and I suppose it wouldn't help if the dog was on the floor.

I guess the assumption here is that all the warnings that precede the update tell you very clearly that the car will not be accessible, and the hope is you check all of those things prior to starting the update.

Personally, working in tech and knowing how software updates go, I would definitely have a heightened sense of awareness simply because I know I'm updating a very low-level part of my car. Similar to how I feel when I need to update the BIOS on a computer.

It tells you twice that the car will be locked and you have to confirm to start, so if you lock someone in...can't regulate around someone being absent minded

Reactions: Bel
There is an emergency interior trunk release - it's a mandartory Federal Safety standard - just don't ask me where it is, since I don't have my car yet. I do recall a service advisor pointing it out, though. Maybe in the manual.

There is an emergency interior trunk release - it's a mandartory Federal Safety standard - just don't ask me where it is, since I don't have my car yet. I do recall a service advisor pointing it out, though. Maybe in the manual.
Sorry, I misread the comment as being about the trunk.

Back