Las Vegas Meetup 10/7/23

Which do you prefer for our first LV Community Meetup? You may select multiple options.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those of you interested in things to do after the meetup at the Cars & Coffee event, several of us have provided some scenic drive options.

Additionally, I would like to mention that the organizer of the Cars & Coffee event has invited us to swing by "Celebrity Cars Las Vegas" to check out the cool cars they have there, many pre-owned by famous people. The place is an easy drive from the meetup, about 7 minutes via freeway. He understands we not in the market to buy ICE cars and was just offering it up as another suggestion for those not interested in typical LV activities.

As such, I offered to share with the group.

The details are here:
Celebrity Cars Las Vegas
7770 Dean Martin Dr Suite 301
Las Vegas, NV 89139

Woops, just noticed the banner. Confirming my car and myself for the event, but sadly not attending the dinner.

Also, if anyone is in the dire situation of needing to charge but absolutely cannot for some reason (i.e. Electrify America stations not working/too full, other charging solutions occupied, etc.), I can potentially squeeze in one or two people to charge at the ChargePoint stations for a few hours or overnight in my apartment complex (roughly 5 miles away from the event). We have access to 10 charging plugs (though currently "only" 8 are working) with charging speeds of 3.3 kW to 6.6 kW depending on if two cars are sharing the same station or not. They are technically free public chargers, but since they are behind the community gate, really only residents use them.

Let me know if a situation like this happens to you and we can arrange something if the stations aren't completely occupied at the time.

LV Meetup Update

Can't believe next weekend is almost here!!! Organizing has been an amazing journey (translation - more work than I envisioned ) We couldn't have gotten this far without the help and support of the Mods, so thank you!!!

Soon, I will be posting some final details regarding the Cars & Coffee Meetup. We will likely meet close by and drive in together, as requested by the organizer. That will give us the best opportunity of spots together, so look for further updates to this thread.

Key points to remember:

• Everyone is invited to the Cars & Coffee Meetup. If you haven't made yourself known as of yet, that's ok, please join us.
  • If you are local and know anyone that wants to take an up close look at the many trims of Airs we'll have there, and speak with a variety of Owners, by all means bring them or invite them to stop by.
  • Dinner signup is closed, we are max'd out at the restaurant.

Also:
  • There is a fair bit of construction on I-15 near Tropicana. We have no events near the strip, so not an issue for the Meetup, however, if you plan to head to the strip please keep this in mind.
  • For EA, my recommendation is this location which has good transfer rates and typically 0 or 1 station "unavailable" out of 6. Most (all?) other EA's here are 4 stations with a fair number of issues (transfer rate and "unavailable"). https://maps.app.goo.gl/R5Mpm1qinckXzxFx6

Just notice GMan has a great meet-up scheduled at Celebrity Cars Las Vegas at Dean Martin Dr. Ryan Hamilton is a great host there and have one of my cars stored inside. Not sure if GMan was able to organize a mobile detailer, although highly recommend The Best Detail Las Vegas. Peter and his crew are outstanding and have detailed my cars for SEMA. Hopefully will be able to meet up at the Cars & Coffee event as well as Celebrity Cars. Also a bit of advice if heading down the strip, there is construction going on so be careful. I believe I picked up some metal from the blvd which caused a flat. Had it replaced at the satellite center nearby.

*** Meetup Latest Update ***

1. Last count is 17 Lucid Owners are planning to attend, which is AMAZING
    1. We have owners from California, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and potentially Texas driving in. There may be other states joining as well, pls let me know.
  2. Regarding the Meetup on 10/7
    1. As @Crimson mentioned, I am attempting to secure a block/row of spots in the larger Cars & Coffee Event. Even if we don't get a block, there is ample parking just farther from the action.
    2. The location hosts a weekly Cars & Coffee style event with all sorts of cars. Muscle, Dragsters, Sports, Antiques, etc... I'm pretty sure I saw the DeLorean from Back to the Future last time (I kid you not).
    3. Here is the address: 9520 S Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89123 and
    4. Here's the google link: https://goo.gl/maps/2nUvtYegv9Kupuzv8
    5. Anyone who would like to share their Lucid modfications, dash cam installations, wraps, etc... shoot me a DM or just let us know on site. This will be a great venue to share ideas.
  3. Regarding Dinner
    1. If you are serious about attending dinner, please DM @hydbob (not me)
    2. Here in LV, with a party the size we're expecting, they will require a per person deposit (e.g. $25 depending on the restaurant). So, kindly reply only if you will are committed to join.
    3. Menu: steaks, seafood, burgers, sandwiches, etc... A good variety.

Stay tuned for further updates
cc:

1. @Bobby [M]
  2. @Adnillien [M]
  3. @hydbob (2) [M]
  4. @joec [M]
  5. @borski (2) [M]
  6. @AirDoll
  7. @lwong
  8. @Volund (2)
  9. @Achilles
  10. @OCDC
  11. @GMan (me)
  12. @cwlint
  13. @nevadagame
  14. @experiment458
  15. Iamoninternet247
  16. @ericmr
  17. @Crimson
  18. @Core (2)
Hello all. I am planning to be there. Cannot commit earlier because of house guests.

*** LV Meetup Update ***

Lucid Owners coming to the Cars & Coffee Meetup ...

The organizer has asked that we arrive together, so he can assess where we'll fit as a group.

As such, we will stage in the parking lot of Red Robin at 7:15am. Shortly thereafter, we'll caravan over to the site.

Red Robin is literally the next lot over from the Cars & Coffee site, so it'll be quite painless to stage there.

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews
9600 S Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89052

If you decide to come later, that is fine too, however, you'll likely be parking away from the group.

Anyone need a phone wedge, rear deck foam, or frunk magnetic holder? I can bring them if so.

Anyone need a phone wedge, rear deck foam, or frunk magnetic holder? I can bring them if so.

We can compare our frunk magnetic holder implementation. Please if you can kindly sell me a phone wedge. TY!

Valley of Fire could be nice or up Mount Charleston. I am sure the locals will have better suggestions.
Mount Charleston may not be a good idea, Hillary took out most of the roads up there, and most everything is closed.

@Bobby I'm interested in a frunk magnet holder if you have one.

Currently having CCS adventure.

At Witchita Falls, TX
population: 103,000,
number of CCS charger: 1
Location Cadillac dealership
CD09FA94-C282-4248-B3CA-266AB3D43D21.jpeg

Had to install EV Connect first time.
Using 50kW speed.
$5 usage fee + $0.5/kWh
10E52DAA-D8E2-4ABD-A1B4-26D02CE9550C.png

I decided to trek dangerous in cross cut highway instead of interstate stick with EA. I’m just glad this charger is working for me. PHEW!!!!

I decided to trek dangerous in cross cut highway instead of interstate stick with EA. I’m just glad this charger is working for me. PHEW!!!!
Remember, it's not the journey, it's the destination. Wait, that's not right. Um...

Currently having CCS adventure.

At Witchita Falls, TX
population: 103,000,
number of CCS charger: 1
Location Cadillac dealership
View attachment 15341

Had to install EV Connect first time.
Using 50kW speed.
$5 usage fee + $0.5/kWh
View attachment 15340

When will you be going through Phoenix? Will I see you on the highway?

Remember, it's not the journey, it's the destination. Wait, that's not right. Um...
I think you're confusing this with Android Auto Thursdays 🤣

When will you be going through Phoenix? Will I see you on the highway?

I will be checking in tonight in Amarillo, TX tonight and going I-40. So not passing Phoenix.

I started this morning at 8am, not it’s 10pm, I’m still in Texas. 😂

I will be checking in tonight in Amarillo, TX tonight and going I-40. So not passing Phoenix.

I started this morning at 8am, not it’s 10pm, I’m still in Texas. 😂
Amarillo, I feel sorry for you. I-40 is a good route. Plan to charge in Williams rather than Kingman, the EA chargers there are much much better than Kingman.

4D63B9AD-9F2F-45A2-890E-876F9BA3BCB4.jpeg

My predicament is I took rural highway shortcut instead of interstate 40 route of EA. I did it bc I thought I have Lucid Air, why not?! Not recommended for any novice EV without knowledge of PlugShare.

F65C0ACC-3853-49E1-B7FA-8C46FFA28067.jpeg

I should have listened to ABRP. The app even factored in storm. That was scary storm, either rail drop was so big or it was hail, I could hear glass roof vibrating. Pulled aside to shoulder of the road and went to rest stop and found this structure. No wonder Texas is leading nation in wind turbine generation.
A213511F-17AA-4C69-B00E-24159498134C.jpeg

Back