Lane departure protection turning on by itself?

BAW

I have had the "lane departure protection" disabled in settings/dreamdrive since getting my car about 3 months ago. In the past week or so it came back on by itself twice. Any one else experience this?

Yes, repeatedly. I had problems with it back before the 2.0.51 update, then it was good for a while. This bug reared it's ugly head again after the 2.1.x updates. It seems to be getting more frequent lately too. Just this morning it happened each time I got into the car after turning it off during the previous drive.

The workaround is to leave it enabled and set it to "warning only". At least then it won't pull you into the cyclists you're trying to avoid.

Yes, repeatedly. I had problems with it back before the 2.0.51 update, then it was good for a while. This bug reared it's ugly head again after the 2.1.x updates. It seems to be getting more frequent lately too. Just this morning it happened each time I got into the car after turning it off during the previous drive.

The workaround is to leave it enabled and set it to "warning only". At least then it won't pull you into the cyclists you're trying to avoid.
Wow. Thanks for this information. This is not good as this feature is deeply flawed and scares the heck out of me every time it takes over the weel (always unwarranted). And now it's coming on by default. Oh boy.. I hope this will be addressed. According to my app, I am on version 2.1.10

Wow. Thanks for this information. This is not good as this feature is deeply flawed and scares the heck out of me every time it takes over the weel (always unwarranted). And now it's coming on by default. Oh boy.. I hope this will be addressed. According to my app, I am on version 2.1.10
It comes on if you use Highway Assist.

This happened to me once, immediately after fast charging. It was not on inbound to the DCFC and was on leaving the DCFC but I wasn't aware and was a bit startled attempting to change lanes on the highway. It has not happened since but I'm still on 2.0.71

Its happened to me only one time. Luckily, I have mine set for warning only, so no yanking my steering wheel. I was also having trouble with my mobile key so it may have had something to do with driver profile. Anyway, there is a little yellow indicator light when your lane departure is turned off completely. If you notice that light is off, recheck your settings or get a surprise?😉

If you notice that light is off, recheck your settings or get a surprise?😉
Yes, have to remember to do this I guess or put in "warning" only mode. Out of curiosity, how often does your "warning" come on?

Eh, two or three time a trip if I'm good with lane signaling 😁. It gives an audible beep and the steering wheel vibrates. Not terribly annoying to me but everyone is different..

Eh, two or three time a trip if I'm good with lane signaling 😁. It gives an audible beep and the steering wheel vibrates. Not terribly annoying to me but everyone is different..
Actually, the steering wheel does not vibrate. The sound it emits is that of a vibration, but there is no actual physical vibration.

Reactions: BAW
I have this happen one or two times a month. It usually corrects it self the next time I shut off the car. Mildly annoying but has not reached the level I would call service about it

Reactions: BAW
Actually, the steering wheel does not vibrate. The sound it emits is that of a vibration, but there is no actual physical vibration.
Wow, it really does feel like the wheel vibrates. Guess that top notch sound system is working well....😅

Wow, it really does feel like the wheel vibrates. Guess that top notch sound system is working well....😅
Yeah, it’s pretty wild what we can do with making things feel haptic now when they’re not. Reminds me of the trackpads on mac laptops, which… don’t move, have no buttons, are a single pane of glass and yet - *click* so satisfyingly lol

Just wanted to update that I have not had this happen again in the past 2-3 weeks. 🤞
ver: 2.1.18

Running v2.1.20. It switched itself back on twice this week for me. I noticed that it had come back on both times because the car took corrective action when it didn’t need to - I was comfortably within my lane in each case and driving 30-40 mph.

Had another interesting experience with Lane Departure Protection last night. Went to charge at EA after work, and the moment the session began, warnings of "Lane Departure Protection Failure" started popping up like crazy. I had only just disabled the warning altogether about a week ago when even the warnings had become a nuisance (false positives in construction areas, tracking deep grooves cut into the asphalt). For a glorious week the system was silent, but after last night, there have been two spontaneous resets to behave like on/intervene already. Oh, and the first time Lane Departure reset today, I checked the settings and it was indicating only "Warning", in spite of just having pulled me back into the lane.

This has been happening to me constantly for the last several months. Maybe about once a week and it's incredibly annoying and could be dangerous. It was happening previously at about the same rate, a while ago and then stopped after one of the updates. It started back up this time, also after an update. I have been in contact with Customer Care and one of the studios regarding this, and some the the advisors keep telling me that my vehicle is the only one experiencing this. I decided to join this forum to see if others have experienced it as well, so I am glad to have found this thread.

The studio has said they are not sure how to fix it after they've kept my car before, saying that they were not able to replicate the issue, so they asked me to send time stamps and pics of the pilot panel of each time it happens so the engineers could look at the system history to try to figure out what is happening. I have sent them maybe 5 timestamps of this happening and they are still not able to figure out what the issue is. There is still no indication of how or when they think they will be able to fix this.

It's an interesting idea to leave it on and turn it warning only, but I feel like you shouldn't have to do that after spending so much on the vehicle. Am I in the minority here?

I'm on software version 2.1.33.

@CL510, what's the manufacturing date for your car? It should be printed on the sticker inside the drivers door frame.

Back