LA studio preference?

Sheena

Verified Owner
Cars
touring or pure
I currently live far far away from any Studio, but will be travelling through Los Angeles on a Sunday.(Carlsbad to Santa Barbara)
I am a PURE down payment member (November) so a test drive not likely but I would like to see, touch and get in and out of an actual car .
It looks like Beverly Hills and Torrance are open, as are a few malls.
Any one "better?"

Thanks

Costa Mesa has one too, also UTC in LA Jolla

They just opened one in Newport Beach (Fashion Island)

I visited the Beverly Hills and Century City studios 5 months ago, so my information may be out of date. Here were my thoughts at the time:

Test drive wise, Torrance or Costa Mesa probably have better routes

I was told (from the San Diego studio) that they are not offering test drives out of Costa Mesa currently, but you can get one at Torrance. I just don’t want to go to LA for a test drive yet and am waiting patiently for one to happen in SD.

Torrance is what? 1 he 45 min? From SD?

Torrance is what? 1 he 45 min? From SD?
About 2 hours without traffic which would mean going there at 4am (lol) and without a charging stop for the Leaf which would be required. I just prefer avoiding LA if possible, especially now (not being political) with the face decoration and paper requirements. I might go to Costa Mesa for a test drive if one were offered but waiting for San Diego which I have been told (since June) that it would be happening soon. When I say “my first test drive will be when my Air arrives”, they laugh and say they will definitely have test drives before then. I guess that means they know production is not happening anytime soon?

. When I say “my first test drive will be when my Air arrives”, they laugh and say they will definitely have test drives before then. I guess that means they know production is not happening anytime soon?

I tested a similar line with my DA, too, for a test drive in Torrance in late April. :) Yeah, I’m not receiving my GT before then.

About 2 hours without traffic which would mean going there at 4am (lol) and without a charging stop for the Leaf which would be required. I just prefer avoiding LA if possible, especially now (not being political) with the face decoration and paper requirements. I might go to Costa Mesa for a test drive if one were offered but waiting for San Diego which I have been told (since June) that it would be happening soon. When I say “my first test drive will be when my Air arrives”, they laugh and say they will definitely have test drives before then. I guess that means they know production is not happening anytime soon?

Come over to Scottsdale. We don't have traffic like San Diego and LA.

Come over to Scottsdale. We don't have traffic like San Diego and LA.
That would be nice except my Leaf would take 10 hours to get there with 5 charging stops and traveling no faster than 55 in two long stretches according to ABRP.. I’m actually surprised it says it is doable.

That would be nice except my Leaf would take 10 hours to get there with 5 charging stops and traveling no faster than 55 in two long stretches according to ABRP.. I’m actually surprised it says it is doable.
That sounds....horrible

That sounds....horrible
Yup. Need my Air with 500 miles of range for trips. It is not possible in the Leaf - or several other EVs.

I'm definitely going to check out the Newport Beach location soon to see a Luicd in the flesh! Hopefully they will have material samples that show difference between Pure and Touring. After that, I'll have to arrange a test drive as it gets closer to convert my reservation into an order.

Back