Key Fob Lanyard

I still haven’t gotten my box of pencils.
I only have a Touring. Pencils are definitely not figured into the profit margin of this model. They certainly can't start giving everyone pencils just because they bought one of their cars...

My customer service has been great from top to bottom and the best I have received from any American Car Company and this may be the best American High Tech Luxury car ever made, the service I have recived on par or better than luxury German/Asian auto makers (Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Acura, Lexus,

Can anyone show a picture of the aforementioned lanyard?
IMG_0892.jpeg

Thank you! Mine came with lanyard already attached. What’s its useful purpose?

Fob question---why not just give the fob to the valet rather than the card?

An old trick I learned from my mom. Tie one end of the dental floss through the threaded loop on the lanyard. Slide the other end of the dental floss through the key fob hole and pull the lanyard through with the dental floss. I did it in one shot after spending 10 min trying to fiddle with the lanyard first which was pretty much impossible. Hope this helps.

Hopefully the keyfob battery thing is no longer an issue, OTA fixed that awhile ago. Maybe a surgical suture needle is the way to get something through the keyfob hole? In any case, yeah the fob is…original. I don’t think the functions are hard to figure though. One squeeze = lock, two squeezes = unlock, long squeeze = frunk. The wife’s car is more annoying honestly, one tap = unlock drivers door only, double tap unlocks all 4 doors.
Also, one squeeze followed by one long squeeze will open trunk.

An old trick I learned from my mom. Tie one end of the dental floss through the threaded loop on the lanyard. Slide the other end of the dental floss through the key fob hole and pull the lanyard through with the dental floss. I did it in one shot after spending 10 min trying to fiddle with the lanyard first which was pretty much impossible. Hope this helps.
That’s brilliant. I’m embarrassed to say that I used tape to make the lanyard thread rigid so I could push it a little more than halfway through. A paper clip allowed me to pull it through the rest of the way. Successful - but stupid.

I found a three-step solution to the problem. I'm not proud.

I took a gum massager and managed to get the brushy end of it through the hole fairly easily. It had the right combination of stiffness and flexibility. I tied dental floss to the brush end and pulled the massager back out, and now I had some dental floss going through the hole. I could then tie the dental floss around the lanyard and pull the lanyard through.

Not pretty. But only thing that worked for me.

IMG_1723.jpeg

Has anyone found a good replacement for the lanyard? Mine just broke this morning and I need to either:

a) find a way to order replacements from Lucid
or
b) find a sturdier alternative

Anyone have some sweet key fob solutions to share?

Back