Key Fob Lanyard

Have you thought about doing audio voiceovers, or newscasting as a side gig? You’ve got a great speaking voice.
We can get Bobby to record a bunch of stuff for us on Jan 8.

Ah, they must have changed this recently. My keys don't have them.
Mine were attached, too. Just took delivery last week.

Ahh, that is just habit. You will learn it eventually!
I think this comment sums up why it is a poor design choice. It’s not intuitive or easier to use. It’s different to be different, but not better.
I would happily trade for a 4,5 or 6 button fob that also has a mechanical means of unlocking the car if there is a 12V battery failure.
1672320591452.jpeg

Same here!
This seems like one of those variances in delivery, based on staff behavior. My guess is the lanyards get sent to the delivery person unattached. But some go the extra step of installing them for you, while others don’t. And in one case, at least, it looks like they were lost before handed to the customer.

I thought it was a nice touch the staff at Denver installed them for me. But I would not have been upset if they hadn’t.

If it weren’t for this forum, those whose lanyards were lost wouldn’t even know they were supposed to be there.

This seems like one of those variances in delivery, based on staff behavior. My guess is the lanyards get sent to the delivery person unattached. But some go the extra step of installing them for you, while others don’t. And in one case, at least, it looks like they were lost before handed to the customer.

I thought it was a nice touch the staff at Denver installed them for me. But I would not have been upset if they hadn’t.

If it weren’t for this forum, those whose lanyards were lost wouldn’t even know they were supposed to be there.
Contacted service via text today to request the lanyards & got an immediate response that they will be sent to my home today. Coldwater Michigan service center has been really great with my initial delivery service items.

My mayor quibble with the FOB... is an inability to work with my kids.
They always complain how hard they have to press the fob for it to respond.
And, I concur.
Simply, a stupid design.

I think this comment sums up why it is a poor design choice. It’s not intuitive or easier to use. It’s different to be different, but not better.
I would happily trade for a 4,5 or 6 button fob that also has a mechanical means of unlocking the car if there is a 12V battery failure.
View attachment 8080
3 of 4 commands are shown on back of fob. The truck command - short, long was added after the initial production of fobs.

And, I concur.
Simply, a stupid design.
I was surprised how hard you have to press, too. I suppose to avoid accidental presses in your pocket?

I had no intention of using the fob, but now that I have it, I actually like it. The fast access to the frunk is the key feature for me. Opening the frunk from the app takes way too long. Tesla had this same problem until about 8 months ago.

And, I concur.
Simply, a stupid design.

None of my fobs for any of my cars work with my kids. I keep pushing the “cancel alarm” button but they keep yelling.

Thanks, Bobby for the video. Now I know how to open and close the trunk. I like the fob design. It is compact and not susceptible to unintentional presses when in one's pocket, as most other fobs that I have had. I have not had any problems with the lanyard. Like Cosmo, I am not sure that I am smart enough to own this car and depend on the forum (and my SM) for guidance.

Saw this in the MotorTrend article stating that they were going to do a 1 Year test of the Air. Does anyone know where this lanyard tab is from? My vehicle didn't come with it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 1.50.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 1.50.40 PM.png
    658.3 KB · Views: 132
Saw this in the MotorTrend article stating that they were going to do a 1 Year test of the Air. Does anyone know where this lanyard tab is from? My vehicle didn't come with it.
Contact customer care / service. All the fobs were supposed to come with it. They’ll mail it to you.

Back