Just took delivery

if I put the other car in after parking the Lucid Air, the Lucid Air angrily flashes its lights and honks it’s horn.
I have also been experiencing false shock and tilt alarms. Did you receive a push notification on your phone, if so was it shock and tilt or intrusion. Were you charging the Lucid when is happened? If you have the time stamp from the alarm, please send it to customer care. I had my car in service to two days last week trying to figure this out. I was told that a handful of other owners have reported this but Lucid has not resolved the root cause yet. So far you are the only other one on the forum to report false alarms.

Hi Adnillien, I don't think I received any push notification on my phone, I just figured the car was in its "Bully Mode" and was trying to intimidate my wife's car. I haven't tried it again, maybe I should. Right now, the poor little blue car has been banished to the single garage while the white car has taken over the entire two-car garage. Thanks for sharing your experience! Makes me feel not so alone.

Hi SaratogaLefty, Thanks! I never would have found it without your help! I can't use the USB for this particular situation because it doesn't deliver enough power, but I will go out to the garage right now and look in the trunk. BTW, we used to live in Saratoga (CA), is that where you are? Great place.
Hi SaratogaLefty, it was exactly where you said it would be! Its existence is not in the Owners' Manual, but who needs a manual when you've got such amazing founts of knowledge on this Forum? Now, all I need to do is make a longer power cord, and that will be pretty easy.

I have also been experiencing false shock and tilt alarms. Did you receive a push notification on your phone, if so was it shock and tilt or intrusion. Were you charging the Lucid when is happened? If you have the time stamp from the alarm, please send it to customer care. I had my car in service to two days last week trying to figure this out. I was told that a handful of other owners have reported this but Lucid has not resolved the root cause yet. So far you are the only other one on the forum to report false alarms.
Hi Adnillien, No, the car was not being charged, I was just trying to park in my garage. And no push notification on my phone. I did have the Lucid key in my pocket as I was parking my wife's car next to the Lucid.

Hi Adnillien, No, the car was not being charged, I was just trying to park in my garage. And no push notification on my phone.
Thanks for the reply and congratulations on the new car. Maybe it is a thing with white cars, mine is also white. If it happens again note the time and send to customer care. It would probably be good to send the earlier one with an approximate time to customer care also.

Heading up there tomorrow to play Black Lake, eat at Jocko's, then heading to San Jose to play The Villages.

Wonder if there's a setting for proximity alerts to desensitize so it doesn't object to your wife's car.
Mmmmm. Jocko's
🤤

Hi SaratogaLefty, it was exactly where you said it would be! Its existence is not in the Owners' Manual, but who needs a manual when you've got such amazing founts of knowledge on this Forum? Now, all I need to do is make a longer power cord, and that will be pretty easy.
Yes you can use the center console USB. There is an adapter you can buy on Amazon for about $8. It plugs into the USB slot in the console and at the other end is a cig socket adapter. It converts the 5V to 12V. Some forum members have bought it and it works well as long as your item you are connecting has the cig plug.

Yes you can use the center console USB. There is an adapter you can buy on Amazon for about $8. It plugs into the USB slot in the console and at the other end is a cig socket adapter. It converts the 5V to 12V. Some forum members have bought it and it works well as long as your item you are connecting has the cig plug.
And yes I live in Saratoga

wipers also operate on the turn signal stalk. I almost always activate it when turning on the turn signal. I have had to adjust my habit when using the stalk, to activating not at the edge.

Imagine that you're in an unfamiliar new car on a steep hill with busy traffic in San Francisco. You turn into a short steep driveway. Your son opens the garage door for you. You put the car in Drive and try to pull forward. Instead, the car goes backwards into oncoming, blind, downhill traffic. You hold the shift lever hard into the Drive position, you take your foot off the brake, and you push the throttle. The car goes forward a little, stops, then reverses into the traffic. OK, you get a running start, slightly scrape the bottom of the car on the abrupt angle of the driveway, and get the car into the garage. Later, you back out of the garage - and this is the fun part - the car goes backwards, stops, and then goes forward even though you are holding the lever in Reverse. At that point, the car stops and refuses to go either forward or backward while the rear end of the car is blocking downhill traffic. It takes some courage to hold the lever in Reverse, floor the accelerator, and lurch backwards into traffic, thus freeing the car from being stuck but having your wife learn some new words in the process.
Or, how about parallel parking on a San Francisco street in a parking space behind a truck with not much room. When you go to leave, you put the car in Reverse (because there's space behind you), but the car goes forward, dangerously closer to the rear of the truck. Stress level 10 as you think you're stuck. Courage required again as you hold the lever firmly in Reverse and aggressively push the accelerator. You're either going to smash into the back of the truck with all the 800+ horsepower of the Lucid Air, or, miracle of miracles, the car actually goes backwards this time - but you'd better be quick on the brakes, hard, or you'll smash the car behind you. When you extricate the car from this situation, you wonder whether this is really the car for you.
So, that's the issue I reported to Lucid Motors. Same thing happens when I try to reverse into my garage when my wife's car is already parked on the other side of the garage. The car goes forward when it's in Reverse. Spooky and dangerous.
I've reported something similar to Lucid two days ago, where I am backing into a uphill driveway with a car in it, and I switch to Drive to go forward to reposition slightly, and when I press the accelerator pedal, it actually continues in reverse. Today I recreated the situation in my driveway (on purpose). I then pulled out my phone and made a video of the issue which I have submitted to them.

I've reported something similar to Lucid two days ago, where I am backing into a uphill driveway with a car in it, and I switch to Drive to go forward to reposition slightly, and when I press the accelerator pedal, it actually continues in reverse. Today I recreated the situation in my driveway (on purpose). I then pulled out my phone and made a video of the issue which I have submitted to them.
Can you post the video here? I'd be curious to see rhe issue

Reactions: DJL
Here's a quick update: I got a call from Aaron at Customer Service in Beverley Hills who asked for details and wanted to provide support. We actually arranged for a technician to make the 3-hour drive up to our house to look at the car, but then further experimentation on my part revealed that I could only reproduce the issue when I was backing into too tight a space in our garage. Yes, there was room, but just barely, and the car complained. But when I left a little more room, the car was fine, and my wife can park her car with no problems. So, my experience in San Francisco was that I got the car into a no-win situation: it didn't want to go forward because of the abrupt angle change of the driveway into the garage, and it didn't want to go backwards because the curb bump would cause the car to bottom out. And my experience in my own driveway was normal behavior of the car trying to keep me from backing into a space that was too tight. In any case, I texted Aaron to cancel the trip by the technician, and I appreciated the concern expressed by Lucid - pretty impressive, actually.

Here's a quick update: I got a call from Aaron at Customer Service in Beverley Hills who asked for details and wanted to provide support. We actually arranged for a technician to make the 3-hour drive up to our house to look at the car, but then further experimentation on my part revealed that I could only reproduce the issue when I was backing into too tight a space in our garage. Yes, there was room, but just barely, and the car complained. But when I left a little more room, the car was fine, and my wife can park her car with no problems. So, my experience in San Francisco was that I got the car into a no-win situation: it didn't want to go forward because of the abrupt angle change of the driveway into the garage, and it didn't want to go backwards because the curb bump would cause the car to bottom out. And my experience in my own driveway was normal behavior of the car trying to keep me from backing into a space that was too tight. In any case, I texted Aaron to cancel the trip by the technician, and I appreciated the concern expressed by Lucid - pretty impressive, actually.
That stinks, but good to hear you figured out why. Also, Aaron is the best service manager.

i'm a bit confused here so the car actually went backwards even though you have it in Drive? or was it the other way around?

i'm a bit confused here so the car actually went backwards even though you have it in Drive? or was it the other way around?
It did both - it went backwards when I had it in Drive, and it went forward when I had it in Reverse. Very disconcerting at the time.

It did both - it went backwards when I had it in Drive, and it went forward when I had it in Reverse. Very disconcerting at the time.
I see. I don't have the car yet but I heard that the park assist feature is still iffy. Do you have that turned on?

Just had the recall inspection. Very efficient, professional and friendly technician (I think his name is Kenny, but my hearing's not what it used to be ;-), came to the house (a 3-hour drive from Beverley Hills). He zip-tied the harness that goes to the flat panel to keep the harness safely away from the steering column under the dash. And, per CA rules, he checked tire pressures and set them at 49.5 psi (19-inch wheels). He also checked tread depth. All in all, a painless procedure and nicely done. Thanks to Aaron and his crew!

Just had the recall inspection. Very efficient, professional and friendly technician (I think his name is Kenny, but my hearing's not what it used to be ;-), came to the house (a 3-hour drive from Beverley Hills). He zip-tied the harness that goes to the flat panel to keep the harness safely away from the steering column under the dash. And, per CA rules, he checked tire pressures and set them at 49.5 psi (19-inch wheels). He also checked tread depth. All in all, a painless procedure and nicely done. Thanks to Aaron and his crew!
Glad to hear everything went well.
Also you have the same trim colors as I am planning to get, I hope it's not too much to ask if you could please share photos of your exterior and interior.
White with Santa Cruz interior pictures are more rare on this forum than I thought :)

Back