Just took delivery

Resolution in progress. Reported the issue to Lucid. Temporary work-arounds: hugged the right side of son’s driveway with outside rear view mirrors folded so as to avoid the most severe incline/bump; and parked my wife’s car in a separate garage (she’s being an amazingly good sport about it even though it’s an inconvenience).

I can explain the issue as it’s happened to me twice. Not sure if it’s an issue, or by design. It’s happened only on downhill for me. When exiting a parking lot that has a steep drop off, when removing my foot from the pedal to look for traffic, the car actually rolls back up the hill a little. Yes, I have my setting to “hold” not creep. It happened to my gf the first time she drove it and she panicked. It’s not bad, but definitely rolls back 6” - 1’.
Oh, yea okay, I had that happen to me in my driveway, it feels like whatever system is responsible for holding the car hasn't figure out a new position (think cogs on a gear) and hasn't locked itself in place (yes, stupid I know) but I've found that by keeping the accelerator pedal pressed just enough (i.e. feathering the throttle) you can hold it in place instead of relying on the hold system. It's a super delicate balance though, more so than it should be!

225FDBE7-2857-4FA8-B4B1-FD6991BAF096.jpeg

Even with plenty of space (I measured before getting the car), the Lucid Air refuses to go in if the other car is there. And if I put the other car in after parking the Lucid Air, the Lucid Air angrily flashes its lights and honks it’s horn. Unworkable.

Oh, yea okay, I had that happen to me in my driveway, it feels like whatever system is responsible for holding the car hasn't figure out a new position (think cogs on a gear) and hasn't locked itself in place (yes, stupid I know) but I've found that by keeping the accelerator pedal pressed just enough (i.e. feathering the throttle) you can hold it in place instead of relying on the hold system. It's a super delicate balance though, more so than it should be!
I agree! Took it one time to happen to me, once to her and we figured out just like you how to stop it. I’m sure that will get fixed at one point or another!

View attachment 2112
Even with plenty of space (I measured before getting the car), the Lucid Air refuses to go in if the other car is there. And if I put the other car in after parking the Lucid Air, the Lucid Air angrily flashes its lights and honks it’s horn. Unworkable.
Possessive and jealous little lady you have at your hand!!! at least your garage is clean, I wonder how it would react to all the usual junk I have in my garage

I don't understand this at all. I would think if all automated driving settings are disabled, there'd be no restrictions on parking the Lucid. Something definitely is odd here. I don't remember any other owners saying their Lucids wouldn't let them park it in their garages!

Seem
I don't understand this at all. I would think if all automated driving settings are disabled, there'd be no restrictions on parking the Lucid. Something definitely is odd here. I don't remember any other owners saying their Lucids wouldn't let them park it in their garages!
Probably the sensors need to be recalibrated? Do you get this parking anywhere else?

We're in Nipomo
Heading up there tomorrow to play Black Lake, eat at Jocko's, then heading to San Jose to play The Villages.

Wonder if there's a setting for proximity alerts to desensitize so it doesn't object to your wife's car.

Imagine that you're in an unfamiliar new car on a steep hill with busy traffic in San Francisco. You turn into a short steep driveway. Your son opens the garage door for you. You put the car in Drive and try to pull forward. Instead, the car goes backwards into oncoming, blind, downhill traffic. You hold the shift lever hard into the Drive position, you take your foot off the brake, and you push the throttle. The car goes forward a little, stops, then reverses into the traffic. OK, you get a running start, slightly scrape the bottom of the car on the abrupt angle of the driveway, and get the car into the garage. Later, you back out of the garage - and this is the fun part - the car goes backwards, stops, and then goes forward even though you are holding the lever in Reverse. At that point, the car stops and refuses to go either forward or backward while the rear end of the car is blocking downhill traffic. It takes some courage to hold the lever in Reverse, floor the accelerator, and lurch backwards into traffic, thus freeing the car from being stuck but having your wife learn some new words in the process.
Or, how about parallel parking on a San Francisco street in a parking space behind a truck with not much room. When you go to leave, you put the car in Reverse (because there's space behind you), but the car goes forward, dangerously closer to the rear of the truck. Stress level 10 as you think you're stuck. Courage required again as you hold the lever firmly in Reverse and aggressively push the accelerator. You're either going to smash into the back of the truck with all the 800+ horsepower of the Lucid Air, or, miracle of miracles, the car actually goes backwards this time - but you'd better be quick on the brakes, hard, or you'll smash the car behind you. When you extricate the car from this situation, you wonder whether this is really the car for you.
So, that's the issue I reported to Lucid Motors. Same thing happens when I try to reverse into my garage when my wife's car is already parked on the other side of the garage. The car goes forward when it's in Reverse. Spooky and dangerous.

Imagine that you're in an unfamiliar new car on a steep hill with busy traffic in San Francisco. You turn into a short steep driveway. Your son opens the garage door for you. You put the car in Drive and try to pull forward. Instead, the car goes backwards into oncoming, blind, downhill traffic. You hold the shift lever hard into the Drive position, you take your foot off the brake, and you push the throttle. The car goes forward a little, stops, then reverses into the traffic. OK, you get a running start, slightly scrape the bottom of the car on the abrupt angle of the driveway, and get the car into the garage. Later, you back out of the garage - and this is the fun part - the car goes backwards, stops, and then goes forward even though you are holding the lever in Reverse. At that point, the car stops and refuses to go either forward or backward while the rear end of the car is blocking downhill traffic. It takes some courage to hold the lever in Reverse, floor the accelerator, and lurch backwards into traffic, thus freeing the car from being stuck but having your wife learn some new words in the process.
Or, how about parallel parking on a San Francisco street in a parking space behind a truck with not much room. When you go to leave, you put the car in Reverse (because there's space behind you), but the car goes forward, dangerously closer to the rear of the truck. Stress level 10 as you think you're stuck. Courage required again as you hold the lever firmly in Reverse and aggressively push the accelerator. You're either going to smash into the back of the truck with all the 800+ horsepower of the Lucid Air, or, miracle of miracles, the car actually goes backwards this time - but you'd better be quick on the brakes, hard, or you'll smash the car behind you. When you extricate the car from this situation, you wonder whether this is really the car for you.
So, that's the issue I reported to Lucid Motors. Same thing happens when I try to reverse into my garage when my wife's car is already parked on the other side of the garage. The car goes forward when it's in Reverse. Spooky and dangerous.
First things first, do you have the car in hold mode or creep mode? Settings, vehicle, drive settings

If not, put it into hold mode and test again.

If so, 2 pedal driving it is, but I understand the scary nature of this, I HATE driving in SF did it for many years!

Hi hydbob, Good question. I believe the car has been in Hold mode since I got it. That is, it comes to a full stop when I lift off the accelerator. It does not creep forward at zero throttle. I wonder if the brake lights come on when I lift off the throttle? I hope so (for the sake of people behind).

Is it true that there's no +12VDC power outlet in the car? Other than that, today was a good day because I got the HomeLink working, understood the windshield wipers, and read about how to clean the touch screens (you put them in Cleaning Mode of course...;-).

Is it true that there's no +12VDC power outlet in the car? Other than that, today was a good day because I got the HomeLink working, understood the windshield wipers, and read about how to clean the touch screens (you put them in Cleaning Mode of course...;-).
12V cig lighter connection in the rear right of the trunk. You can also get 12V using an adapter from the USB connection in the front console.

View attachment 2112
That is very strange. My garage bays have individual doors making them much tighter to get into. I've only got a couple inches on either side of the mirrors to play with and it gives me a warning but doesn't stop me. Are there some auto/safety settings that could be turned off to fix this?

The car refusing to go in sounds like the old issue with accident avoidance that would break the car and make it a pain to get into tight spots. That feature was disabled awhile ago. Are you on 1.2.1?

For the windshield wipers: Note that auto does not stay remembered as a setting. So when it rains you will always need to turn them on. I assume this is a bug that will be resolved at some point in the future.

Windshield wipers - left screen by steering wheel.
Thanks for this! It started raining while I was driving the other day and I was surprised to not be able to find auto wipers. I just pushed in the turn stalk lightly for one swipe, as needed. I would have freaked out trying to figure this out during the first rain in October.

The car refusing to go in sounds like the old issue with accident avoidance that would break the car and make it a pain to get into tight spots. That feature was disabled awhile ago. Are you on 1.2.1?

For the windshield wipers: Note that auto does not stay remembered as a setting. So when it rains you will always need to turn them on. I assume this is a bug that will be resolved at some point in the future.
Wasn't that an issue with the Comfort Braking setting? I also thought that was deleted several firmware versions ago.

12V cig lighter connection in the rear right of the trunk. You can also get 12V using an adapter from the USB connection in the front console.
Hi SaratogaLefty, Thanks! I never would have found it without your help! I can't use the USB for this particular situation because it doesn't deliver enough power, but I will go out to the garage right now and look in the trunk. BTW, we used to live in Saratoga (CA), is that where you are? Great place.

Possessive and jealous little lady you have at your hand!!! at least your garage is clean, I wonder how it would react to all the usual junk I have in my garage
Actually, I think of the white car as a bully (and male - not a 'niceguy'), while the little blue car is its victim. And, yes, I treat the garage almost as a holy place, so that explains the epoxy-coated floor and the cabinets. Or maybe I just have CDO (obsessive compulsive disorder, but in alphabetical order the way it's supposed to be).

Thanks for this! It started raining while I was driving the other day and I was surprised to not be able to find auto wipers. I just pushed in the turn stalk lightly for one swipe, as needed. I would have freaked out trying to figure this out during the first rain in October.
Yep, GEWC, that's exactly what happened while I was driving across the Golden Gate Bridge. The fog misted the windshield, I was in close traffic, and I had no clue how to get the windshield wipers to work. So, I pushed the end button on the left stalk, and it cleared the windshield but just briefly. I had to keep pushing it all the way across the bridge.

Back