Just took delivery

Silkrip

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Flew to SFO, picked up a white Lucid Air GT at the Millbrae delivery center, spent a week in San Francisco, then drove home. I have many questions and greatly appreciate this forum!

Flew to SFO, picked up a white Lucid Air GT at the Millbrae delivery center, spent a week in San Francisco, then drove home. I have many questions and greatly appreciate this forum!

Firstly, congrats!

Where is your home? How many miles away?

What exterior and interior color did you get?

Thanks, rbbarry, for the kind welcome! Exterior is white, interior seems to be black front seats and white rear seats. We drove 280 miles from our sons' houses in San Francisco to our home on the Central Coast of California. Charging at Electrify America halfway in Soledad was a breeze - seamless and fast - a very pleasant surprise while we ate lunch (we needed charging more than the car did ;-).

Just curious, did Lucid tell you that there are still software issues?

Congrats!

Just curious, did Lucid tell you that there are still software issues?
Hi MoniputerLM, No, the Lucid delivery person didn't tell me there were software issues, but having some relationship with the software industry I expected them. The delivery experience was very pleasant, and the Lucid people have been very responsive afterwards. I did discover some of the software issues while trying to navigate in San Francisco, and I relayed my observations back to the delivery person. Thanks!

Thanks, rbbarry, for the kind welcome! Exterior is white, interior seems to be black front seats and white rear seats. We drove 280 miles from our sons' houses in San Francisco to our home on the Central Coast of California. Charging at Electrify America halfway in Soledad was a breeze - seamless and fast - a very pleasant surprise while we ate lunch (we needed charging more than the car did ;-).
Welcome to the forum. Where in the Central Coast? I'm south of SLO.

Hi Neurio, We're in Nipomo, in Trilogy Monarch Dunes, so we're also just south of SLO. Where are you?

Hi Neurio, Arroyo Grande, the big town just north of us, the one that actually has a Trader Joe's! Thanks!

Hi nice guy, Biggest issue is sensors that cause the vehicle to refuse to go certain places like my younger son’s short steep driveway into his garage on a San Francisco hill, or into our two-car garage if the other car is there; problem is that the vehicle goes forward if in reverse and backwards if in drive - pretty dangerous. Other issues are Home Link operation, cruise control operation and other needlessly complex and non-intuitive controls (e.g., today’s goal is to figure out how to work the windshield wipers - never had to do THAT before on any new car! Nevertheless, I’m slowly starting to like the car - or maybe just all the attention;-).

Hi nice guy, Biggest issue is sensors that cause the vehicle to refuse to go certain places like my younger son’s short steep driveway into his garage on a San Francisco hill, or into our two-car garage if the other car is there; problem is that the vehicle goes forward if in reverse and backwards if in drive - pretty dangerous. Other issues are Home Link operation, cruise control operation and other needlessly complex and non-intuitive controls (e.g., today’s goal is to figure out how to work the windshield wipers - never had to do THAT before on any new car! Nevertheless, I’m slowly starting to like the car - or maybe just all the attention;-).
Windshield wipers - left screen by steering wheel.

Thanks for the clue! So, I have to use a touchscreen to operate the wipers?!? At least now with your kind help I have a place to start!

Haha, yes you do. There are options for auto wipers, a single dash line for always on (slower wiper speed), and a double stacked dashed line for always on (faster speed)

Let us know how you resolve it, I also have 2 car garage, also condo of my daughter which we frequently visit had steep curved driveway into parking deck, I might face same issues

Thanks for the clue! So, I have to use a touchscreen to operate the wipers?!? At least now with your kind help I have a place to start!
if you push the left stalk button in, it activates the wipers with water

Also can you explain your forward in reverse and reverse in forward thing? you are the first to bring that issue up! Home link need to be set for every profile, cruise control is activated by the buttons on the steering wheel, left side

I can explain the issue as it’s happened to me twice. Not sure if it’s an issue, or by design. It’s happened only on downhill for me. When exiting a parking lot that has a steep drop off, when removing my foot from the pedal to look for traffic, the car actually rolls back up the hill a little. Yes, I have my setting to “hold” not creep. It happened to my gf the first time she drove it and she panicked. It’s not bad, but definitely rolls back 6” - 1’.

Back