Just got your Air? Consider buying this stuff

Maybe already in this thread, idk, but this is a great option for mounting bikes, kayaks, perhaps a roof top tent, on the roof of your Lucid. For those with glass roofs, you might check the weight limit as several glass R1Ts roofs have cracked when people got on top.

Attachments

• F8057217-C35C-4CC4-929F-B0035BF1B0C1.jpeg
    F8057217-C35C-4CC4-929F-B0035BF1B0C1.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 130
  • F1A1C499-A1B6-4A48-B62C-C59CF0700B84.jpeg
    F1A1C499-A1B6-4A48-B62C-C59CF0700B84.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 138
  • 2208A7A3-4408-4B11-9301-1B9C8520FB83.jpeg
    2208A7A3-4408-4B11-9301-1B9C8520FB83.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 134
Picked up the Orvis. Have two kids, but also take our dog to work every once in a while. I liked the fit and the padding of the Orvis protector, but just in case anyone is in a similar situation, the Orvis does NOT support the child seat clips! I was extremely surprised that they didn't take this into consideration - they have cut outs with protective overlap for the seat buckles, just not for the other side of each seat where you need to clip the second latch in.

FWIW - I made a slight cut at the seams and just hoping that I never have to hose it off. There may be a better option on Amazon if you are patient and shop around.

There is obviously a ton of information on this forum. As someone who is getting his GT very soon (I hope), I've been thinking about what items I should consider buying based on others' suggestions throughout the forum. I thought I'd start a thread to put it all together to have it in one place. I'm not including paint protection or tinting, as these already have their own threads.

Interior items:
- All weather mats. Right now, the best options are:
Motor Trend 923-GR Gray FlexTough Contour Liners
WeatherTech Trim-to-Fit Floor Mat
  (See @Dortreo's comparison here)
- Scotchgard Auto Fabric & Carpet Water Shield
- LightDims Original Strength (is the passenger airbag light still a nuisance?) Seems to be fixed
- Microfiber cloths to keep the screens clean (Lucid does supply one)
- CQuartz Leather 2.0 - 50ml Kit (111CQL5), Dr. Beazley’s Microsuede Protection- 12oz (DB-MP) and Carpro Forte V4 Professional Windshield Coat - New Version 2021 from Sky’s the Limit Car Care (per @Easyrider949)

Exterior items:
- EZ Spare tire/wheel (coupon code LUCIDSAVE) plus a large black trash bag
NOTE: The bigger wheel/tire will not fit in the frunk, but the smaller wheel/tire does. The smaller option has a limit of 50-75 miles of driving <55 mph, while you can drive for 100s of miles on the bigger one (per EZ Spare).
- Tire change kit (jack/lug wrench/gloves/etc.)
- Car cleaning supplies (see this thread)

Charging:
- Tesla Tap
- Home EVSE (Chargepoint, Grizzl-E, etc.)

Miscellaneous:
- Faraday box/pouch for key (I bought this one)
- Smart garage door opener (Chamberlain MyQ, Tailwind iQ3, etc.)
- Radar detector

Front license plates:
- For those in California, check out License Plate Wrap
- For those in other states, check out Custom License Plates

Back seat protection for pets:
- Orvis Hose-off Seat Protector
- K&H Pet Vehicle Door Protection

Anything I missed? Feel free to post more recommendations and I'll add them to the list as needed.
I carry this in every car, whether there is a spare present or not:

I'd highly recommend getting the Lucid tire inflator instead. It is rated for higher speeds and longer distances, plus the cord is long enough to reach from the 12V plug in the trunk to the front left tire.

I'd highly recommend getting the Lucid tire inflator instead. It is rated for higher speeds and longer distances, plus the cord is long enough to reach from the 12V plug in the trunk to the front left tire.
I got the Lucid one for those reasons, especially the cord length. Unlike most cars, the only 12v outlet in the Lucid is way in the back corner rendering many inflators useless.

I got the Lucid one for those reasons, especially the cord length. Unlike most cars, the only 12v outlet in the Lucid is way in the back corner rendering many inflators useless.
I bought a 300w power inverter off Amazon, that has 2 outlets and 2.1mAh chargers for USB A.

I was using it to charge my 240 watt laptop on my trip for work

But with that inverter, I can most tools too and an adapter for cigarette lighter, extension cords etc..

BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter with 4.2A Dual USB Car Adapter https://a.co/d/2Mu9rjl

Last edited:
It's probably been covered before, but does the Lucid Tire inflator have the ability to either "inflate the tire" or "inflate and seal the tire"? I'm pretty sure it does, but I can't tell from the Lucid Store information.

It's probably been covered before, but does the Lucid Tire inflator have the ability to either "inflate the tire" or "inflate and seal the tire"? I'm pretty sure it does, but I can't tell from the Lucid Store information.
Yes, both.

The 12V extension cord is what I got after I got the tire inflator on Amazon that did not have a long enough power cord. I have not used it so cannot attest to its qualities.

The 12V extension cord is what I got after I got the tire inflator on Amazon that did not have a long enough power cord. I have not used it so cannot attest to its qualities.
Will definitely have to measure my portable unit cable once ithe veh arrives and see if I need an extension as well. In a pinch, I suppose you can open the back seat and run tha power cable through the car and out the window!!

Why do I need a Tesla Tap?
If you stay at hotels with a destination charger, they are commonly Tesla chargers. The TeslaTap will enable you to charge the Lucid overnight on them.

If you stay at hotels with a destination charger, they are commonly Tesla chargers. The TeslaTap will enable you to charge the Lucid overnight on them.
A Lucid rep told me that the Teslatap voids warranty though, that's a scare for me to even try it.

A Lucid rep told me that the Teslatap voids warranty though, that's a scare for me to even try it.
lol what. Pretty sure it's not much different from the million other adapters out there?

It's not, as the charger is in the car and these EVSE and other things are just dumb things giving electricity to the charger in the Lucid.

But that's just what I was told by a Lucid rep in person when I visited the Colorado location.

Just want to put it out there so people are aware of the risks that's all.

I'd still probably use it in an emergency or pinch, but not super regularly

Yea hopefully just a poorly informed rep. Good to know I guess.

I hope so, it makes no sense to me personally
I think it’s just a CYA thing. I doubt they could get away with blaming an adapter for a battery failure of any sort. Unless it could be proven the tap actually caused a fire, or physical damage to the connector or something like that. Which is very unlikely.

Back