Just got your Air? Common questions answered!

It does not. It does cinch closed though. You get it to the closing point and you don’t need to press down hard. It sucks it in tight and locks it.

I believe that button is in the Pure to open the frunk, in the event someone got trapped in there. Similar to the buttons required in trunks to do the same.

No more mob guys tossing people in trunks and driving them out to the woods to dump them.

For clarity, the Pure does auto-open from inside the car. It just does not auto-close. Mrs TakeDuo has not locked me in the frunk to determine if the button is an emergency release like @mcr16 confirmed. I’m sure @AirDoll will talk her into it though 🔪

For clarity, the Pure does auto-open from inside the car. It just does not auto-close. Mrs TakeDuo has not locked me in the frunk to determine if the button is an emergency release like @mcr16 confirmed. I’m sure @AirDoll will talk her into it though 🔪
Is it the struts pushing it up after latch release of is it motorized?

So I just got the car and the auto lock when I walk away doesn’t work. Is there a way to turn that on or fix?

So I just got the car and the auto lock when I walk away doesn’t work. Is there a way to turn that on or fix?
It should be on by default, but under settings, vehicle, doors?

I'd like to know if other Air Pure owners about their experience with the 'Easy Entry' feature. Specifically, when I enter the car, the driver seat is fully reclined and pushed all the way to the back. I am 5'9" and I still find myself needing to make an effort to reach the brake pedal to activate the Easy Entry settings to get the seat to my preferred driving position.My wife who is 5'3" cannot even reach the brake pedal to activate easy entry with the current set up.

If I manually adjust the seat to move forward before sitting then easy entry won't activate as manual entry deactivates the feature.

When i spoke to service i was that what I am aexperiencing is considered normal within the current systems capabilities. Once the vehicle has driver input into the seat position - easy entry deactivates as it prioritizes that input. The vehicle typically does not reset easy entry until the vehicle goes through a power cycle, lock/ unlock.

Is this a common occurrence, or could it possibly indicate a bug or fault? Any insights would be appreciated.

We have a Pure. I do not believe easy entry is designed for you and your spouse as you describe. I would turn the option off. As each of you approach, it should recognize your profile and begin to adjust accordingly. I am 6’2” and my spouse is 5’4” and we do not use easy entry. She approaches, it begins to adjust for her as the profile switches. Before we are ready to drive, the car is ready for us in the proper seat configuration. This may not be the answer you are looking for, but easy entry is designed for folks that find it hard to get in and out of the car with their seat position configuration.

The other option is to buckle your seat belt after closing the door. This will reset the seat to the saved configuration. No need to tap the brake.
Absolutely! I honestly don’t see a problem here. There are 2 options to activate your original seating position when getting in the car, touch the brake or fasten your seatbelt. You’re going to fasten your seatbelt anyway, so why not do that first? The additional benefit of not touching the brake first, is that you’re not greeted with the continuous chimes until you fasten your seatbelt. Win win, especially for shorter drivers!

Something I found out today by mistake. I set the car to maintain temperature in pet mode while going to the store for a minute. When I returned to the car to get something from the trunk I entered thru the passenger door to push the button on the pilot panel to open the trunk. It wouldn't function. In fact ,none of the car's functions worked- The upshot -if you enter thru a door other than the driver's door the car will not leave pet mode. That means none of the car functions, other than maintaining temperature, will work until you open the driver's door. Save yourself a few minutes & don't act as silly & confused as I did today. 😁

Back