Jon Rettinger's 6 Month Review

I hate to burst your bubble, but my first stress test put my GT (21” wheels) on part with my EQS in range. I didn’t see any realistic way of it “exceeding” it. I’m also in Florida and have mainly tested highway driving on both cars between 70-80 mph. Note this is from a 100% charge.
I have not even cracked 2 yet but I have not driven it that much because MY AC Despite being Fixed in MY OPINION, does not work at all. I am in Texas and on Friday I had to drive several places during the day and it was 109F outside and after leaving the car for 30 minutes each time I found it extremely uncomfortable the 3 times I did that and I was sweating. I am on 1.2.6
MY 15 year old ICE CAR was parked for 2.5 hours in full sun yesterday and when we got in it showed 119F and the car cooled to an acceptable level in under 10 minutes and after our 2nd stop for about 30 minutes there was no issue with cooling.
I am being called picky etc but why should we not be picky? The other thing I have notes is that different people are having different issues but with the same items.
At this point I am not even bothered about Software. That is a whole other discussion.
I would rather have a cold AC than say 50 miles more range. My AC is permanently set at 60 and can speed 10 on both sides.

Having said this - I have the toggle on to maintain temp for 45 minutes in the car but I did not see that happening on my 3 stops on Friday. Am I missing anything?

Also after 1.2.6 I am noticing and maybe it was always there, that the car wants a PIN Unless the Phone App is Active even though it unlocks the car without the App being open.

I could be much happier with the Car if Just the main stuff worked consistently and upto MY expectations.
So far the driving part has been good to great. Still getting used to the low clearance of the Car and how I need to now make sure I do not hit the sidewalk or the stopper they put in front of parking spaces. IMO If one is not used to sports car type low seating you may not like getting In and out of the car. I am getting used to it but my wife is getting annoyed with it. We have had a SUV since 1996 and regular Sedans as our second Cars.
Will see what the Company says during the upcoming Earnings call. I hope they have the shareholder QA session again.

Unfortunately the investors questions will be filtered and only those they want to answer will be addressed…

Reactions: DJL
I hate to burst your bubble, but my first stress test put my GT (21” wheels) on part with my EQS in range. I didn’t see any realistic way of it “exceeding” it. I’m also in Florida and have mainly tested highway driving on both cars between 70-80 mph. Note this is from a 100% charge.

I have not even cracked 2 yet but I have not driven it that much because MY AC Despite being Fixed in MY OPINION, does not work at all. I am in Texas and on Friday I had to drive several places during the day and it was 109F outside and after leaving the car for 30 minutes each time I found it extremely uncomfortable the 3 times I did that and I was sweating. I am on 1.2.6
MY 15 year old ICE CAR was parked for 2.5 hours in full sun yesterday and when we got in it showed 119F and the car cooled to an acceptable level in under 10 minutes and after our 2nd stop for about 30 minutes there was no issue with cooling.
I am being called picky etc but why should we not be picky? The other thing I have notes is that different people are having different issues but with the same items.
At this point I am not even bothered about Software. That is a whole other discussion.
I would rather have a cold AC than say 50 miles more range. My AC is permanently set at 60 and can speed 10 on both sides.

Having said this - I have the toggle on to maintain temp for 45 minutes in the car but I did not see that happening on my 3 stops on Friday. Am I missing anything?

Also after 1.2.6 I am noticing and maybe it was always there, that the car wants a PIN Unless the Phone App is Active even though it unlocks the car without the App being open.

I could be much happier with the Car if Just the main stuff worked consistently and upto MY expectations.
So far the driving part has been good to great. Still getting used to the low clearance of the Car and how I need to now make sure I do not hit the sidewalk or the stopper they put in front of parking spaces. IMO If one is not used to sports car type low seating you may not like getting In and out of the car. I am getting used to it but my wife is getting annoyed with it. We have had a SUV since 1996 and regular Sedans as our second Cars.
Will see what the Company says during the upcoming Earnings call. I hope they have the shareholder QA session again.
We are also in Texas, Houston, and I have noticed similar A/C/ issues. One issue, for me, is that the car thinks that the outside temperature is say 74 when it is actually 101 so the fan runs at a low speed. Sometimes it corrects itself in a few minutes and occasionally it doesn't. If I manually adjust the fan setting, the cabin cools off better. The good news is that this is most likely a software issue that can be fixed.

Unfortunately the investors questions will be filtered and only those they want to answer will be addressed…
You are probably correct but I am hopeful someone will bring up the harness recall or the stoppage of deliveries for several weeks in May.

We are also in Texas, Houston, and I have noticed similar A/C/ issues. One issue, for me, is that the car thinks that the outside temperature is say 74 when it is actually 101 so the fan runs at a low speed. Sometimes it corrects itself in a few minutes and occasionally it doesn't. If I manually adjust the fan setting, the cabin cools off better. The good news is that this is most likely a software issue that can be fixed.
Have you spoke to Lucid about this? My outside temp has always be at or a little higher than what it is. It’s never been that far off like yours.

I hope not bc of spaghetti software codingView attachment 3260
1657468817129.png

I sure hope so. I would like to keep the Car but also need to be practical. In my case I did not notice it doing anything when it should have at least kept the Temp at 74 degrees lol. At this point 74 would be a huge Improvement.

I want Lucid to be as successful as Tesla so my aim is never to simply bad mouth them but I am also not one to ignore it and accept these things just because the Car Kicks butt when it comes to driving. I just realized how little I drive on a weekly basis. Out of the 200 miles I have driven it half were just to test and learn about the Car.
Thank you for your input.

I will admit that I am going by published data for range and not our experience. The AMG EQS has only 243 miles on it...

I had them check it when they took it to Houston to fix the Trunk and the Mirror issues. They said they found it got stuck in defrost mode and fixed it. I do not see any air blowing from the top vents but the AC does not cool anywhere close to normal in my Car, forget the maintaining the temp part. I am going to talk to them again tomorrow.

I am also going to put the Air right next to my ICE Car which is already outside for about 2 hours and test the cooling around 4 PM and compare how long it takes each car to cool down.

The Max AC temps are also different between Car manufacturers, because my Lexus only goes down to 65 and the Lucid to 60 but those IMO Just look like numbers.

Have you spoke to Lucid about this? My outside temp has always be at or a little higher than what it is. It’s never been that far off like yours.
Yes, I reported it. Could just be a sensor in my car.

Be patient young Jedi. Just finished 412 mile road trip to Maine, avg mi/kWh was 4.0 on 19” with average speed 70-80mph, with some traffic here and there, AC at 68-70, seat massages, remote cooling and elevation changes. The car has 3200 miles on it now, yours has 1/10th that, the efficiency/range will come.

I had them check it when they took it to Houston to fix the Trunk and the Mirror issues. They said they found it got stuck in defrost mode and fixed it. I do not see any air blowing from the top vents but the AC does not cool anywhere close to normal in my Car, forget the maintaining the temp part. I am going to talk to them again tomorrow.

I am also going to put the Air right next to my ICE Car which is already outside for about 2 hours and test the cooling around 4 PM and compare how long it takes each car to cool down.

The Max AC temps are also different between Car manufacturers, because my Lexus only goes down to 65 and the Lucid to 60 but those IMO Just look like numbers.
Sorry man. Have you tried the temperature hold feature when you exit the car? It’s the circle/thermometer icon at the top in the climate menu. It will hold the temp for 45 min while you’re not in the car, make cooling when you get back in more effective. Report back your results with the AC test between your ICE car and this one, I’m curious, does sounds like something is still definitely wrong because my car cools adequately, it I also haven’t been in heat higher than 91F since I got my car in April.

Also the car should never ask for a PIN when you get in, it’s like it’s stuck in valet mode. Is your fob on you at all times?

And I did jinx myself when I said I hadn’t had many software problems. Today I completely lost Brake Hold and car got stuck in roll mode, which came as quite a surprise when the car started to roll backwards on a hill! A reboot cured it, but that’s something in my opinion that needs to be fixed ASAP in whatever the next software update comes out because that could cause a collision if the car gets stuck in roll mode when you’re expecting brake hold/true one pedal driving!

Last edited:
SoCal heat ain't Texas heat but the days the car is sitting in 100+ degree weather, no amount of idle cooling will do anything to make it comfortable. Definitely need to drive it and get the Air flowing over the radiators and to get it below mid 80s. I doubt there is much wrong though. When the tech came to check my AC they had fan readings and temperature readings from the vents that were within spec for the fan speeds and temp set. Order one of those temp guns and test it out yourself.

And I did jinx myself when I said I hadn’t had many software problems. Today I completely lost Brake Hold and car got stuck in roll mode, which came as quite a surprise when the car started to roll backwards on a hill! A reboot cured it, but that’s something in my opinion that needs to be fixed ASAP in whatever the next software update comes out because that could cause a collision if the car gets stuck in roll mode when you’re expecting brake hold/true one pedal driving!
This happened to me the other day too! I picked up some takeout and when I put the car in reverse to back out of my spot, it just started to go. Freaked me out for a second. It also felt like the regen wasn't as strong when driving. I got to a red light and put the car in park. I was able to put the hold function back on and have had no issues since.

This happened to me the other day too! I picked up some takeout and when I put the car in reverse to back out of my spot, it just started to go. Freaked me out for a second. It also felt like the regen wasn't as strong when driving. I got to a red light and put the car in park. I was able to put the hold function back on and have had no issues since.
For me the hold function was completely grayed out, so that’s why I had to reboot. It was a serious issue though as the car should not under any circumstances roll backwards when in drive. I realize this can happen with electric motors but there needs to be a backup safety lock to prevent this from happening. Redundant backup mechanisms are routine in aircraft, motor racing and roller coasters. Yes you can apply the brake pedal if you notice it in time, and I did, but if I was on a steeper hill I absolutely would have rolled into the car behind me before I caught it. This needs to be a recall, should be a never event, it was like a manual transmission in neutral. I’m going to call service tomorrow to report it.

For me the hold function was completely grayed out, so that’s why I had to reboot. It was a serious issue though as the car should not under any circumstances roll backwards when in drive. I realize this can happen with electric motors but there needs to be a backup safety lock to prevent this from happening. Redundant backup mechanisms are routine in aircraft, motor racing and roller coasters. Yes you can apply the brake pedal if you notice it in time, and I did, but if I was on a steeper hill I absolutely would have rolled into the car behind me before I caught it. This needs to be a recall, should be a never event, it was like a manual transmission in neutral. I’m going to call service tomorrow to report it.
Have you reached out to lucid about this? All these issues are starting to worry me now. My biggest is 21" tire blowout and now this. I don't want to get into the habit of 1 pedal driving and then one day the car decides to roll backwards. I live in the bay area which means there are a plenty of uphill driving with stop signs.

Reactions: DJL
Have you reached out to lucid about this? All these issues are starting to worry me now. My biggest is 21" tire blowout and now this. I don't want to get into the habit of 1 pedal driving and then one day the car decides to roll backwards. I live in the bay area which means there are a plenty of uphill driving with stop signs.
I will call them tomorrow. It does need to get addressed though as it was a complete surprise. I’d live with the occasional rare glitch of this if the car would have given a warning or some status alert that the vehicle no longer had brake hold, but there was zero alert, caught by surprise when it rolled backwards, and then I checked the menu and it was grayed out, couldn’t switch back to hold. Where I live in Providence RI is actually called College Hill, and parts are just like San Francisco! Very strong chance of rolling backwards without brake hold!

Last edited:
I will call them tomorrow. It does need to get addressed though as it was a complete surprise. I’d live with the occasional rare glitch of this if the car would have given a warning or some status alert that the vehicle no longer had brake hold, but there was zero alert, caught by surprise when it rolled backwards, and then I checked the menu and it was grayed out, couldn’t switch back to hold. Where I live in Providence RI is actually called College Hill, and parts are just like San Francisco! Very strong chance of rolling backwards without brake hold!
Mine rolled backwards too when in Drive, but I was thankfully right on the brake pedal. The Hold option was grayed out until I put it in park, which is why I did that when I got to the red light. Had that not worked, I definitely would have pulled over somewhere before getting on the highway to hear home.

It probably is worth mentioning to customer support so that they can log the issue and hopefully update something that prevents the backwards rolling.

You guys now just cautioned me not to put HIGH regenerative setting when driving in hilly areas.

Back