FEATURE Introducing RangeXChange V2V charging for Lucid

Luciana sharing love with Evie successfully. This is on 2.1.42. You can set minimum SOC level on pilot screen. Default is 10%. Charging at 40 amps. Time to bring more electrons from EA my Pure just became mobile battery charger.

20231211_115116.jpg
20231211_115126.jpg
20231211_115141.jpg
20231211_115158.jpg
20231211_115229.jpg

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT true.

2.1.43 only updates the cellular modem.

2.1.42 is the correct SW.
That is correct. Verified and it is working with 2.1.42. Just follow the instructions and make sure to plug it in correct orientation. Fairly easy, simple, and smooth process.

I also received a full charger set today. It worked well with a Tesla Model 3 with SW 2.1.42
IMG_5800.jpg
IMG_5801.jpg
IMG_9125.jpg
IMG_9126.jpg
IMG_9127.jpg

You need to use the new charger (as well as the new adapter cable); The old charger will not work.
That is correct. The revision number 05 after the part number. It should also have a car with arrow symbol.

Just received mine, got a new portable charger as well which is pretty wild that they included it for $125, what a steal! Excited to try it with charging up my Tesla later.
Is there a way to make sure you get the portable charger as well? My "portable" charger is plugged in and connected to my garage wall.

Is there a way to make sure you get the portable charger as well? My "portable" charger is plugged in and connected to my garage wall.
Check your portable charger for the icon shown earlier in this thread. If it's not there, Lucid will send you the updated portable charger.

Just to be clear, this is just one-way charging, right? IOW, I can't use this to charge my Lucid from my Tesla.

Just to be clear, this is just one-way charging, right? IOW, I can't use this to charge my Lucid from my Tesla.
None of the tesla cars have bidirectional charging (maybe except cybertruck). So the answer is no.

None of the tesla cars have bidirectional charging (maybe except cybertruck). So the answer is no.
Tesla also made an updated mobile charger for the power share.
IMG_2034.jpeg

Trip information ‘since last charge’ resets to zero after using the Powershareing.

Try using the mobile charger plugged into an outlet before using the Lucid as a powersource.
Good idea. Tried using the new mobile charger that came with RangeXChange adapter and it worked properly using 120v outlet. So that means the mobile charger isn’t bad but maybe the j1772 adapter head is but it’s recognized by the Lucid. Using the Lucid app says to check the pilot panel for more info and the pilot panel says to check the receiving vehicle to continue but there is nothing to do on the Rivian or Tesla. Guess I’ll give Lucid a call in the morning since everyone else seems to be having success using their new chargers.

Sorry to be a pedant - you need a J1772 - NACS adapter, not CCS - NACS :)

I tried my v2v yesterday with this J1772 - NEMA adapter. Didn't work - the 'LUCID' logo on the (new) mobile connector glowed red which presumably indicates some level of discontent. So the adapter will be going back. Incidentally it did work when connected to my regular J1772 EVSE.

Sorry to be a pedant - you need a J1772 - NACS adapter, not CCS - NACS :)

I tried my v2v yesterday with this J1772 - NEMA adapter. Didn't work - the 'LUCID' logo on the (new) mobile connector glowed red which presumably indicates some level of discontent. So the adapter will be going back. Incidentally it did work when connected to my regular J1772 EVSE.
And most Tesla owners have the correct adapter already. I believe they were giving them away with the car up until recently. And even most newer buyers probably pick one up just to be able to charge at J1772 stations. Never hurts to be prepared.

Can someone help me understand the usecase for V2V charging? Is there any benefit other than basically being able to jump start other EVs? I'd like to understand how people are using this technology for their own benefit. I would think if i have two EVs at home, i could just use the home charger to charge whichever car is low.

Back