Insurance

Dale Waldo

Cars
Grand Touring
Has anyone had any Issues with getting Insurance for their Grand Touring?

Probably everyone because it’s not even in production yet :D

Farmers now lists the DE and Grand Touring on their site. However their prices are ridiculous, so I’m going to shop around.

Farmers now lists the DE and Grand Touring on their site. However their prices are ridiculous, so I’m going to shop around.
Yeah, $4,000/yr isn't cheap for maximum deductibles. Progressive said to call them when I have a VIN. Whatever policy I land on I know it's not going to be cheap though.

Yeah, $4,000/yr isn't cheap for maximum deductibles. Progressive said to call them when I have a VIN. Whatever policy I land on I know it's not going to be cheap though.
Try Encompass (https://www.encompassinsurance.com/). They are owned by Allstate and was one of a small handful that would even consider the DE months ago while I was awaiting delivery. Initially, they declined because they had a $150K purchase price ceiling. Then, when Chubb and a few others offered the coverage if I moved my total home package over to them, Encompass increased their vehicle price ceiling and beat the competitor offerings.

If you are looking for standalone coverage for the DE, it definitely will be costly until crash tests are certified and much more in-use data are available -- and that will take years, not months. :-(

I got coverage for DE from Travelers. Not cheap, but not far off from price for 911 Turbo S.

Try Encompass (https://www.encompassinsurance.com/). They are owned by Allstate and was one of a small handful that would even consider the DE months ago while I was awaiting delivery. Initially, they declined because they had a $150K purchase price ceiling. Then, when Chubb and a few others offered the coverage if I moved my total home package over to them, Encompass increased their vehicle price ceiling and beat the competitor offerings.

If you are looking for standalone coverage for the DE, it definitely will be costly until crash tests are certified and much more in-use data are available -- and that will take years, not months. :-(
Thanks. I'll save this until I have my VIN. Have a GT on order and got the call that production was starting on that version. I suspect it will still be some time, but once this supply issue is sorted out things could move quickly.

Thanks. I'll save this until I have my VIN. Have a GT on order and got the call that production was starting on that version. I suspect it will still be some time, but once this supply issue is sorted out things could move quickly.
More coverage options are likely to surface by then!

By then is here for me. I get my car in 2 days and just found out my insurance company, Liberty Mutual, has a $150,000 ceiling and I have the DE. I'm scrambling to find coverage.

By then is here for me. I get my car in 2 days and just found out my insurance company, Liberty Mutual, has a $150,000 ceiling and I have the DE. I'm scrambling to find coverage.
Travelers wrote a policy for me in San Diego.

Geico covers the DE

Has anyone had any Issues with getting Insurance for their Grand Touring?
I am being quoted a yearly charge of $3,800 which includes both my car(2022 Lucid Grand Touring) and my wife's car(2013 Audi S4) from PURE Insurance Company.

If you’re in Massachusetts, the rates are $1200 to $1400 annually for someone in my situation: Married, clean driving record, mid 50s. No kids allowed to drive it. I looked at Progressive, GEICO, and Mapfre/Commerce.

If you’re in Massachusetts, the rates are $1200 to $1400 annually for someone in my situation: Married, clean driving record, mid 50s. No kids allowed to drive it. I looked at Progressive, GEICO, and Mapfre/Commerce.
Which company ? I’m also in MA and got quoted $4000+ by Liberty Mutual just now!

All of them: GEICO,Progressiv, and Mapfre. Esurance was twice as much. Weird, huh?

Just tried progressive and am getting 1/9th the price, $479, of Liberty Mustual!! How ???

In texas, I used Farm Bureau Insurance. Great rates ($760 year, $2000 deductible. I have alot of items insured through them. (Home, Farm, 6 vehicles, and only 2 drivers both of whom are over 60 with nothing on our driving records, though this vehicle just might change all that!. VROOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I just ran the quote program that Progressive has. We are currently using Progressive for our little Fiat and our house. Adding the soon(?) to be produced Lucid AGT yields the following quote:

2022 Lucid Air Coverages
Comprehensive $500 deductible
: $33
Collision $500 deductible: $309
Rental $40 per day ($1,200 maximum): $8
Roadside No coverage Offered: $0
Loan/Lease Payoff Coverage selected: $23
Total: $373 for 6 months or $746/yr.

This quote included the following automatic discounts:
Pay in Full Today (does not apply to monthly payments)
Internet Discount (for originating your quote online)
Paperless Discount (receive bills/documents via email)
Multiple Car Discount
Multi-policy Discount
Homeowner's Discount
Three-year Safe Driving Discount
Five-year Accident Free Discount
Vehicle(s) with Anti-Theft Device Discount
Continuous Insurance Discount: Platinum

We have only filed one claim with them, which was in 2018 for a chipped windshield of the RV bus we had at the time and it was very quickly dealt with. We have never filed a substantial claim, so I can not say how good they are on that type of situation.

Back