Insurance Megathread

I don't understand. Umbellas usually require a certain level of coverage but not max. For example, on my GEICO umbrella, I am required to carry at leat $200K per person but not max.
That's usually the case (specific limits that vary depending on company) but those limits might push you to the max for that company's auto policy. You must be grandfathered with those limits because GEICO's website shows the following limits required for an umbrella policy:
  • $300,000 person/$300,000 occurrence (bodily injury), $100,000 (property damage)
  • or $250,000 person/$500,000 occurrence (bodily injury), $100,000 (property damage)
USAA requires:
Auto insurance bodily injury liability$300,000 per person $500,000 per accident
Auto insurance property damage liability$100,000 per person

That's usually the case (specific limits that vary depending on company) but those limits might push you to the max for that company's auto policy. You must be grandfathered with those limits because GEICO's website shows the following limits required for an umbrella policy:
  • $300,000 person/$300,000 occurrence (bodily injury), $100,000 (property damage)
  • or $250,000 person/$500,000 occurrence (bodily injury), $100,000 (property damage)
USAA requires:
Auto insurance bodily injury liability$300,000 per person $500,000 per accident
Auto insurance property damage liability$100,000 per person
You are correct. I was doing it from memory. I actually have the 250/500/100 base coverage below my $2M umbrella.

Farmers $1422/6 mo in Los Angeles metro region. 500/100/OEM multi-car/home/umbrella. Comments?

I got the call yesterday with my VIN number for my GT. Made some calls for insurance quotes today and got nowhere. They never heard of Lucid! For those of you who already received delivery, where did you go for insurance?
State Farm. Had no issues once I gave them the vin number. They hadn’t heard of the car but were able to provide insurance.

State Farm is very good for EV's, and they have Tesla EV repair shops in most areas. I imagine the Lucid is similar to a Tesla for accidents and body shop repairs.. Not all body shops work on high tech EV's so make sure your carrier will allow you to use a good EV repair shop nearby.

State Farm (30yrs), they have always let me choose my repair shop.

American Family Connect via Costco - have home and car through them - $559.87 for 6 months (just for the car). It took them a while to find the car in their system and she couldn't find it via VIN. Fortunately, others had asked for quotes so it had gone through underwriting so once I spelled out the car for her, she found the various trim levels. I think their system might have the cars listed as "Lucid Pure", Lucid Dream, Lucid GT. Made sure to confirm glass is covered under comprehensive.

My coverage is 250/500/100. Uninsured of 100/300. $500 deductible for collision and comprehensive. San Diego area.

I have it from State Farm for $1133 per 6 months, Have Home, earthquake, umbrella with them. @SDHacker $559 seems to be very cheap for the coverage you are getting. Will need to check there.

I got the call yesterday with my VIN number for my GT. Made some calls for insurance quotes today and got nowhere. They never heard of Lucid! For those of you who already received delivery, where did you go for insurance?
I have USAA insurance. However you have to have a family member that was in the military. Best Rates!!

Spoke to State Farm in WA about insurance. For a touring, for which they had no data but simply used value, they estimated $450/6 mo. We have all all the discounts available. That is not a lot more than the A7 - I am a bit skeptical.

Spoke to State Farm in WA about insurance. For a touring, for which they had no data but simply used value, they estimated $450/6 mo. We have all all the discounts available. That is not a lot more than the A7 - I am a bit skeptical.
And very importantly that includes towing to the nearest service center.

Mine is with American National for just over $1300 a year, with 250,000 500,000 limits. $10/6 months for roadside asst/windshield repair. Lol I fully expected that to go up after they replace any windshields. When he first put in my Vin, it came up as Lucid Air Air.

I used AAA online and got the same quote from Progressive...like $72/mo...no VIN needed. Far better than the Safeco quote of over $2K/yr. Safeco said it was some exotic policy required?!

Has anyone financed using BoA? I filled out the form but have heard nothing from them for over a week of submitting the information to Lucid.

My insurance quote from USAA was $240 a month. Under 25 years old. Male. Fender bender when I was 17/18 is falling off or already has. Full coverage across the board more or less.

I also have renters insurance and personal property with them. No VIN provided, but the estimates/quotes are almost always the initial amount.

I was pleasantly surprised with Costo- 250/500/100 for insured, 250/500 uninsured with $1000 deductible at $966 for 6 mos. They would also pick up coverage of my second car for notably less that what I have with Kemper currently. Solid rate. I'm in TX.

1663212351901.png

State Farm here in Oregon… excellent coverage and just about $100/Month. No issues setting up with umbrella coverage as well.

state farm in fl about $100 per 6 months more than insurace on my 2017 jag xj. signifitly less than quotes from geico and liberty mutual

I have USAA insurance. However you have to have a family member that was in the military. Best Rates!!
Agreed. No complaints with them. Except for their recent massive rate hikes in their Homeowner policies. Which reminds me to call them later today about that. But certainly no complaints on their Auto Rates. ✌️

Back