Insurance Megathread

I noticed that Geico is now showing Lucid as an option on their website when you try to add/replace a vehicle.

I noticed that Geico is now showing Lucid as an option on their website when you try to add/replace a vehicle.
I think my premium paid for that website upgrade.

I think my premium paid for that website upgrade.
yea they gave me a quote that's within the same range you got (from first page of this thread). i'm going to shop around when it's time to pick up my car in few months.

Get your broker to quote you with Cincinnati. I’m paying $1885 through them, also in CA, for 500/500 (would be 250/500, but the price was no different). Everything else is the same; agreed value, GAP, etc., since it’s also a HNW insurance carrier.
I have many lines tied to Pure and Cincinnati wants me to switch over and not just carry auto with them….

I have many lines tied to Pure and Cincinnati wants me to switch over and not just carry auto with them….

Right; that’s true for both. If you were with Cin then PURE would want you to switch over too. Your broker should be able to quote your whole package so that you can compare the two.

I’m very very partial to Pure. Don’t think any of the other HNW carriers can match their level of service.

I agree with you on all of them but Cincinnati. Both them and PURE have top-notch service. The others are…not as good.

I ended up choosing Esurance. Monthly payment is $212 for Air GT and my wife’s Subaru in Rhode Island, which is crazy cheap for this state. With GEICO for my Mercedes and wife’s Subaru it was $278 a month. So basically I’m saving $900 a year to insure a $140K car and a $30K car, over GEICO which was covering a $50K car and a $30K car. GEICO service was excellent, but can’t resist taking the money saving route since Allstate is Esurance and haven’t heard of any problems with them.

Throwing my quotes into the ring, now that I have a VIN:
Amica is $1241 per 6 months (bundled with other autos and umbrella)
State Farm is $2225 per 6 months (bundled with home)

Coverage is 250/500/100 with 500/250 deductibles.

There's not much question which one I'll be going with, especially because Amica is great as @pam4_AGT said previously...

First of all, congrats to all the Lucid and soon to be owners.

Like the Lucid, not all insurance companies are created equal. Be sure your company of choice will repair your vehicle to OEM standards. Lucid has a certified network to repair their vehicles, the shops are trained and specially equipped to bring your Lucid back into pre-loss condition. This goal is to put the owner safely back into the vehicle, minimize diminish value and to keep your warranty in check.
The unique construction of the chassis mimics the aircraft industry, riveting and bonding is used throughout the vehicle. The normal body-shop cannot and should not attempt this type of repair. Some insurance carriers choose to ignore this fact and may try to limit compensation and repair methods causing delays in the repair process. My advise is to do your homework, like most things, cheaper does not usually mean better.

Here's an interesting link you may enjoy.

My insurance is through Connect (Ameriprise through Costco). My semiannual premium is $745 with an accident and several speeding tickets on record.

Any insurance should be able to give you a quote by running the VIN.

I'm in Southern Ca, insured my GT with Hagerty for $1500.00 per year. AAA would be my next choice, very fair claims handling, State Farm is last with the worst claims practices.
AAA quoted me $7000 for the year 🙄

I get punished because I came to the states when I was 32 and even though they say they take my driving history from the age of 18 it’s clear that they don’t when every time I’m quoted ridiculous amounts to insure vehicles.

No accidents, no speeding tickets either in 15+ years

Last edited:
NC, second car, less than 7500 miles/year, $113/month for Dream Edition

AAA quoted me $7000 for the year 🙄

I get punished because I came to the states when I was 32 and even though they say they take my driving history from the age of 18 it’s clear that they don’t when every time I’m quoted ridiculous amounts to insure vehicles.

No accidents, no speeding tickets either in 15+ years
Holy he'll, who did you end up going with? My DE is costing me 3900/yr with Geico, 500/500

My Air Dream Edition is insured with USAA w/ following coverage 250/500/100 with 500/250 deductibles @ $650 per 6 months. Just a tad more than my Model S P85D. Works for me.

Holy he'll, who did you end up going with? My DE is costing me 3900/yr with Geico, 500/500
I went with Progressive for now but definitely need to shop it around as it’s about $4200 a year (2 cars and property). AAA and Geico came in with a ridiculous price.

What service have you experienced that made Pure so outstanding to you?
My wife's car was rear ended on 95 in Florida last year by a distracted driver. They ended up paying us way more than the car was worth and their service was top notch. My daughter just had a flood in basement. Same result - much more coverage than expected and so easy to deal with. I also happen to know the CEO and CFO quite well (they never knew about the claims) and can attest that they are really good people as well as top notch executives.

My insurance is through Costco Connect. I called them today to get a ballpark figure for the Air Touring. We currently have Volvo S90 and Volvo XC40 pure electric. Current 6 mo. premium is $647, and will go up to $711 if I replace the S90 with the Lucid. Sounds very good to me, I expected it to be more. However, we have a completely clean driving record, no accidents or tickets, and that helps quite a bit. I highly recommend checking out Costco if you are a member.

Back