• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Insurance company claim experience.

Regarding State Farm - I did bash them a bit and still will likely look elsewhere when this claim is settled. But I did get a good call after I appealed their decisions regarding the proper shop for repair. They will issue supplemental payment as needed to cover the repair and will allow a Lucid repair shop to do it even if it conflicts with their authorized facilities. They did mention they do not like dealing with the one in Seattle area - and I didnt like the shops interaction with me either. Will take the car back to Scottsdale and we'll see what happens. I expect out of pocket will be greater than the deductible but better than is currently offered. We will see. But it is clear they have no idea what Lucid actually is. I think when insurance companies all figure it out, rate increases will follow. Hang on!

Regarding State Farm - I did bash them a bit and still will likely look elsewhere when this claim is settled. But I did get a good call after I appealed their decisions regarding the proper shop for repair. They will issue supplemental payment as needed to cover the repair and will allow a Lucid repair shop to do it even if it conflicts with their authorized facilities. They did mention they do not like dealing with the one in Seattle area - and I didnt like the shops interaction with me either. Will take the car back to Scottsdale and we'll see what happens. I expect out of pocket will be greater than the deductible but better than is currently offered. We will see. But it is clear they have no idea what Lucid actually is. I think when insurance companies all figure it out, rate increases will follow. Hang on!
Yeah it’s tough as I don’t walk into these situations ready to fight. I know it takes time, the shops have MANY cars, the insurance co has MANY difficult cases and customers, and I even expect them to low ball estimate at first because that’s just the industry business model. But I have literally not had one communication from a single employee from Esurance since the initial estimate, the ONLY communication I had was they directed me to the non-responsive adjuster. I received no answer from the main coordinator or the adjustor, so then I only got info from the 3rd party supplement adjuster, and that was how I found out they had no intention of paying for the labor. I’m not pushy, I give people days to respond, but these people at Esurance proved to me they are unprofessional and are just hoping those who own pricey cars will cover the extra $$$ they refuse to pay so they’ll get their cars back sooner. It seems to be their actual business model, not just a few rogue indifferent employees. So they’re not an insurance company, they’re a swindler company. To force me into a situation where I’m going to lose my insurance covered rental car because they delayed the entire process deliberately is just downright sleazy. The person at the Rhode Island Bar association I spoke with today seemed interested in pursuing this further so we’ll see.

Yeah it’s tough as I don’t walk into these situations ready to fight. I know it takes time, the shops have MANY cars, the insurance co has MANY difficult cases and customers, and I even expect them to low ball estimate at first because that’s just the industry business model. But I have literally not had one communication from a single employee from Esurance since the initial estimate, the ONLY communication I had was they directed me to the non-responsive adjuster. I received no answer from the main coordinator or the adjustor, so then I only got info from the 3rd party supplement adjuster, and that was how I found out they had no intention of paying for the labor. I’m not pushy, I give people days to respond, but these people at Esurance proved to me they are unprofessional and are just hoping those who own pricey cars will cover the extra $$$ they refuse to pay so they’ll get their cars back sooner. It seems to be their actual business model, not just a few rogue indifferent employees. So they’re not an insurance company, they’re a swindler company. To force me into a situation where I’m going to lose my insurance covered rental car because they delayed the entire process deliberately is just downright sleazy. The person at the Rhode Island Bar association I spoke with today seemed interested in pursuing this further so we’ll see.
I surely hope you can make progress on this in a favorable way. I suspect if they get a legal push they may pick up the pace. Im sure it's a difficult business right now with escalating costs and in their other product lines, catastrophic property losses. Insurance commissions may also be interested if they are declining to pay or even respond. There are rules they must follow. I used an insurance commissioner approach on Blue Shield once and they admitted it was just a 'big misunderstanding'. Yeah right. Good luck

How long do you think your car will be out, and how much time do you think this haggling delayed work on your car? Reaching out to the insurance commissioner is a good idea, I’ll look into that. And yeah I expect rates to go up for Lucid, honestly if I were one of the mainstream insurance companies I’d raise rates also, I think some of the low rate insurers have no clue what the car is. Esurance/AllState obviously doesn’t. I’m just amazed some have a deliberate business model of being terrible. It’s like auto insurance is getting coaching from health insurance haha.

How long do you think your car will be out, and how much time do you think this haggling delayed work on your car? Reaching out to the insurance commissioner is a good idea, I’ll look into that. And yeah I expect rates to go up for Lucid, honestly if I were one of the mainstream insurance companies I’d raise rates also, I think some of the low rate insurers have no clue what the car is. Esurance/AllState obviously doesn’t. I’m just amazed some have a deliberate business model of being terrible. It’s like auto insurance is getting coaching from health insurance haha.
The injury to the car is so minor I was hoping no longer than it takes paint to dry! But they say 2 weeks. They will take it apart and hopefully this is only skin deep. State Farm will review in person and who knows if that will delay it further. State Farm did say they believe the Seattle area shop is difficult and not always straight up about where the charges come from. I have decided to get it done in Scottsdale and that means sometime in October. I can live with it. Ironically, today I got $49 check back from State Farm as they discounted the premium for safe driving. They giveth and they taketh away.

Yeah smart move on your part to hold off on the repairs until you can get it done quickly with hopefully less headache. I did not anticipate my car sitting there for one month with nothing being done because of the insurance co being unreasonable and unresponsive. Now I’m forced to go on my VT road trip on Tuesday in the wife’s Impreza instead of the Lucid. My dad just texted me this AM asking to make sure I bring the Lucid as he told his brother in law we’d do a launch 🚀. 😢

Safeco is on my "never again" list: in the '90's I had an uncommon minor collision situation, both my and the other car were backing up, I stopped, they did not and hit my bumper. Safeco decided I was partly at fault. I read the law and so no, don't pay their claim, I'm suing in small claims court. Judge ruled in my favor, I immediately cancelled my Safeco policy, they don't stand by their insured.
I was happy with Amica for >decade, then my kids turned 18 and rates skyrocketed (ZERO claims before or since, just glass), switched to Progressive (because, motorcycles too), rates have been decent but again no claims besides glass so no idea whether they'll stand by me if/when needed.

Safeco is on my "never again" list: in the '90's I had an uncommon minor collision situation, both my and the other car were backing up, I stopped, they did not and hit my bumper. Safeco decided I was partly at fault. I read the law and so no, don't pay their claim, I'm suing in small claims court. Judge ruled in my favor, I immediately cancelled my Safeco policy, they don't stand by their insured.
I was happy with Amica for >decade, then my kids turned 18 and rates skyrocketed (ZERO claims before or since, just glass), switched to Progressive (because, motorcycles too), rates have been decent but again no claims besides glass so no idea whether they'll stand by me if/when needed.
Yeah I’m probably just going to go back to GEICO, aside from them pretending me getting rear ended while stationary by another GEICO driver was “no fault”, they’ve done good by me, always paid the claim, we’re quick and communicative. They quoted me $300 month for the Lucid and the wife’s Subaru, literally 1/3 of the $900/month Amica quoted me.

State Farm premium in NYS is $1,102 for 1 year for my Pure.

State Farm premium in NYS is $1,102 for 1 year for my Pure.
This is ridiculously good to the point I can't believe it. I have State Farm in SoCal which offered me the best in my area at $360/mo for my GT, and I'm a long time SF customer with 0 claims. Congrats, and I hope they don't raise it overnight!

That’s a great price but based on that Taycan owner class action in Florida against State Farm I would be skeptical any claim would be a tolerable experience. I supposed you could roll the dice and pay whatever they don’t out of pocket since it’s so cheap, if you think the savings of using them vs another insurer is worth it, but this car is pretty expensive to repair so I’d rather pay extra with the assurance the insurance co isn’t going to try and get out of paying and cost me valuable time and energy.

Yeah I’m probably just going to go back to GEICO, aside from them pretending me getting rear ended while stationary by another GEICO driver was “no fault”, they’ve done good by me, always paid the claim, we’re quick and communicative. They quoted me $300 month for the Lucid and the wife’s Subaru, literally 1/3 of the $900/month Amica quoted me.
Years ago my wife was involved in a accident where we believed that the other driver was at fault but both were State Farm insured and the company refused to consider either part at fault. I think this is a common problem with insurance companies (or, I suppose, benefit if you are the at fault driver).

Years ago my wife was involved in a accident where we believed that the other driver was at fault but both were State Farm insured and the company refused to consider either part at fault. I think this is a common problem with insurance companies (or, I suppose, benefit if you are the at fault driver).
It's why i hope Lucid hurries up to enable to dash cam. Have to install an aftermarket for now until they enable the feature. Seems StateFarm approaches accidents differently when claiming.

After no response from Esurance regarding my claim status or rental car extension, I filed a complaint with the national insurance commissioner for breach of contract. Sure thing, within a few hours Esurance emailed me, after weeks of silence, saying they would extend my rental car, but are still refusing to pay the labor rates. I even mentioned I didn’t want to escalate and made them aware of the current class action against State Farm over a nearly identical situation, but they’re not budging on the labor rates, so I’ll pay the thousands extra out of pocket to get my car back, then will have to sue to get the difference back. I really do not want to go through any litigation, it’s so stupid, but otherwise Esurance/Allstate/NGIC will just continue to refuse to pay labor rates for their insured and get away with it.

After no response from Esurance regarding my claim status or rental car extension, I filed a complaint with the national insurance commissioner for breach of contract. Sure thing, within a few hours Esurance emailed me, after weeks of silence, saying they would extend my rental car, but are still refusing to pay the labor rates. I even mentioned I didn’t want to escalate and made them aware of the current class action against State Farm over a nearly identical situation, but they’re not budging on the labor rates, so I’ll pay the thousands extra out of pocket to get my car back, then will have to sue to get the difference back. I really do not want to go through any litigation, it’s so stupid, but otherwise Esurance/Allstate/NGIC will just continue to refuse to pay labor rates for their insured and get away with it.
Good luck. In the old days in Rhode Island you could have just reached out to the Patriarcas and it would be settled!:D

i've Geico. what was their reasoning for "no fault"? i thought getting rear ended is almost always the rear driver's fault.

Good luck. In the old days in Rhode Island you could have just reached out to the Patriarcas and it would be settled!:D
Haha yeah cut out the middle man. And if that doesn’t work, then cut the middle man.

i've Geico. what was their reasoning for "no fault"? i thought getting rear ended is almost always the rear driver's fault.
Rear driver claimed I backed into her, which is preposterous since I was stationary in a one way line at a car wash. Luckily car washes have cameras…

Interestingly enough -- the driver I sued was ensured by ==== GEICo. Their adjuster was present in the courtroom. Small claims. That's surprising -- his presence must have cost them at least $150-200. After the verdict he not only greeted me in the courtroom, he wrote me a check in the hallway outside the courtroom.
How could you not chalk this up to "turn our loss into a customer"?
Gotta hand it to geico for at least firing on all cylinders.
Not their customer yet.
Something to do with Warren Buffet loving them, for profitability, and the lizard TV commercials, and their GE heritage, and Consumer Reports...

Thus far I would not recommend Esurance, initially they were communicative but have since been slow and they totally screwed up my rental car reservation, booking it for the wrong state. My car has been in the shop 3 weeks for a scraped bumper and they did their estimate based on a Genesis G70 with labor rates $40 an hour. Lucid labor rates are $175, same as Aston Martin. Of course there is an adjustment process, but their claims adjuster sent me some email not identifying himself as the person who was doing the claims adjustment estimate, and asked if he could come to my house to see the car (it’s in the shop! Why would a dumb insurance company not tell adjuster where the car was located??), so I thought it was a scam, but it turns out he was legitimate, just utterly clueless. So I sent him another email asking him to try and see the car ASAP as I have a road trip planned for June 19 and really needed the car back by then, and he never responded. Esurance mailed me a check for their paltry estimate minus the deductible and has not communicated with me beyond that about any adjustment and I’ve received no further updates from the Lucid shop either since I called last Friday, all I can tell is my car is sitting there taken apart with no progress. It’s very unlikely I’ll stick with Esurance unless this gets resolved quickly, I’ll reach out to them today.
Uh oh. I had a bumper scrape (probably happened at Kent hospital ironically). Hollis auto body charged USAA over $18K (happy to elaborate on all the unnecessary work they did). I realize you have no other choice for a Lucid approved body shop, but Hollis is filled with thieves.

Back