Insurance company claim experience.

Funny you posted this, I just spoke with the claims adjuster and he said they’re still waiting for Esurance to approve the labor rates which is exactly what State Farm is getting sued over. If they refuse to cover or make me lose weeks of time waiting for their “approval”, when there’s only one choice and one option to approve, and it’s the only Lucid certified shop in the region, then they won’t be my insurer after this. Their primary contact was great when I first filed the claim, she was very responsive but if it comes down to them nickel and diming when there’s not even an alternative choice for repair or costs, then I certainly don’t want to have this level of delay and aggravation for any future claims, so yeah…I’ll be looking into Pure as my insurer in the future.
My car is still being worked on after my accident, but I get a weekly e-mail from PURE updating the status of the repair and they have not contested any charge so far.

I use NJM which is another one of the CR top rated ones, but they only write in a few states. My rate with them is quite reasonable given I live in an area full of drivers with no apparent interest in traffic laws.
Yes. I omitted that company because it was so geographically limited.

My car is still being worked on after my accident, but I get a weekly e-mail from PURE updating the status of the repair and they have not contested any charge so far.
I think I’ll switch to Pure after this claim, literally ANY update at all I’ve had to ask for, and it was always from the shop, the actual insurance company has not spoken to me about any status since I dropped the car off up until I reached out to the adjuster this morning. The primary coordinator at Esurance has been great but there’s only so much she can do. She responds rapidly at least. But the fact that they’re using a Genesis G70 as a guide for estimates is idiotic as they’re just wasting everyone’s time for no reason. Like at least use a Porsche or S Class for goodness sake, it’s such a self made problem, which will only anger consumers and frustrate the very few repair shops there are. And then there’s the matter of Lucid needing to recalibrate the ADAS once the repairs are done, which doesn’t happen right away as the busy staff from Natick has to go over to Hollis to do it.

I can't use Pure. My house is in too high of a fire risk area. ☹️

That being said, we've been happy with Amica for previous claims, but thankfully haven't had to use them for the Air (yet?).

I’m desperately trying to find an alternative to State Farm for an affordable price.

My home is worth around $700-800k in Florida and PURE will not cover it because it’s < $1 million. They basically snuffed me because I dont own a $1 million dollar home and home owner’s insurance is required for their auto insurance…

I can't use Pure. My house is in too high of a fire risk area. ☹️

That being said, we've been happy with Amica for previous claims, but thankfully haven't had to use them for the Air (yet?).
Amica quoted me $987/month for the Lucid. I think that’s the highest quote I’ve seen. I may just go back to GEICO. Geico was sneaky about a claim I had where I got rear ended at a car wash where the driver hit me was also Geico so they tried to say we were both at fault so we’d both have to pay deductible, but aside from that they’ve always been quick and communicative about claims. Then I got camera footage from the car wash showing she wasn’t paying attending and hit me while I was stationary. That was why I dropped them when I got the Lucid. The problem is I live in Rhode Island and nobody wants to insure here.

Amica quoted me $987/month for the Lucid. I think that’s the highest quote I’ve seen. I may just go back to GEICO. Geico was sneaky about a claim I had where I got rear ended at a car wash where the driver hit me was also Geico so they tried to say we were both at fault so we’d both have to pay deductible, but aside from that they’ve always been quick and communicative about claims. Then I got camera footage from the car wash showing she wasn’t paying attending and hit me while I was stationary. That was why I dropped them when I got the Lucid. The problem is I live in Rhode Island and nobody wants to insure here.
Wow!! I was quoted $6000/yr by Amica and I pay $2k for State Farm right now.Can’t wait to see what Pure wants. this recent scratch puts them in a panic. Never had an MVA which was my fault. Except when I hit a car for of FBI agents in Boston in 1983. Surprised I didn’t get life for that one.

Wow!! I was quoted $6000/yr by Amica and I pay $2k for State Farm right now.Can’t wait to see what Pure wants. this recent scratch puts them in a panic. Never had an MVA which was my fault. Except when I hit a car for of FBI agents in Boston in 1983. Surprised I didn’t get life for that one.
Okay. Now I want to hear the rest of that story.

I want to hear what you did too. That sounds like a very bad car to hit.
AAA put me at $6000 for the Air too, which is why I switched companies. I have much better coverage with Safeco for 1/3 the price. They are at the bottom of the CR list, but they did good by me. Once you have an accident on your record, it doesn't go against your policy until you renew. So even though Ron destroyed the first Lucid in February, and they gave me $151,000 to replace it, he is considered an excellent driver until I renew next December. I have a feeling I may be insurance shopping again at the end of the year.

I want to hear what you did too. That sounds like a very bad car to hit.
AAA put me at $6000 for the Air too, which is why I switched companies. I have much better coverage with Safeco for 1/3 the price. They are at the bottom of the CR list, but they did good by me. Once you have an accident on your record, it doesn't go against your policy until you renew. So even though Ron destroyed the first Lucid in February, and they gave me $151,000 to replace it, he is considered an excellent driver until I renew next December. I have a feeling I may be insurance shopping again at the end of the year.
Well the hit was not all that exciting. Was on the road Boston to Salem and someone entered the road from an on-ramp 2 cars up from me and merged across 2 lanes. Right in front of the FBI car. They hit the brakes and I hit the brakes. I hit the FBI car. My little BMW slid under the bumper of their car and mated up. Th wrecker pulled us apart and did most of the damage. The merged car was gone and I was faulted for following too close. State Farm paid up. Oh for the good ol’ days.

I had a similar experience many years ago with State Farm. My wife's car was hit by another driver and both had State Farm. State Farm refused to find fault on the accident. I can't remember if they forced us to pay the deductible or not (it was a long, long time ago in a universe far, far away). I think insurance companies just don't like to judge arguments between their insureds.

If you are a member of Consumer Reports they do a ranking of insurance companies although they did not include "Pure" in the rankings. At the very top was, no surprise, USAA with an overall satisfaction rating of 92; State Farm had an overall rating of 63. USAA is, of course, a limited membership company. The highest non limited national company was Amica with a score of 83.
PURE isn’t listed because they won’t insure everybody; they are extremely selective and CR doesn’t like that. But if you can get insured by then, their service and claims process is by far the best.

Chubb and SafeCo and Cincinnati are also good.

I had a similar experience many years ago with State Farm. My wife's car was hit by another driver and both had State Farm. State Farm refused to find fault on the accident. I can't remember if they forced us to pay the deductible or not (it was a long, long time ago in a universe far, far away). I think insurance companies just don't like to judge arguments between their insureds.
We use CHUBB. Not cheap, but at least they aren’t putting our premiums to use for ultra high-paid athletes (State Farm), British lizards (Geico) or the geeky breakfast club (Progressive).

I’ve really grown to be annoyed by how often insurance advertisements are played during live sporting events. Truly shows how much the consumer is getting gouged when they have the surplus money to pay for so many commercials while treating claims in a less than friendly way.

Now for another coffee… :)

I've had Auto-Owners insurance for the past 15 years. Only had one claim when debris on a Chicago expressway gouged the front end and hood of my brand new Honda Accord. They quickly paid for repairs at the body shop of my choice. When I bought the Lucid Air Touring the agent was unfamiliar with Lucid, but after checking in the computer said insuring it was no problem. I think it's costing me $500 more per year than I am paying on the Honda. Considering the Lucid costs three times the price of the Honda, I consider the charge reasonable. As an aside, Auto-Owners mainly advertises on billboards along highways, a rather logical choice. I don't watch much TV, but don't think it buys TV advertising.

I had an accident where someone rear ended my AGT. I claimed via my own insurance (StateFarm) so they can chase after AllState to recover the money. Statefarm takes the estimate via the pictures you take. They will cut you a low ball check. BUT when you drop it off at the body shop, the body shop talks to StateFarm to cover any additional damage discovered. The body shop stated it is typical of StateFarm, but said they have no reason not to cover any additional expenses that were caused by the damage. StateFarm has been easy and good. I tried to change my policy with Tesla, and no one picked up the phone after 1 hour and 18 minutes. I eventually cancelled my Tesla insurance and moved back to StateFarm even though it is a bit more expensive. Just not worth my frustration.

I had an accident where someone rear ended my AGT. I claimed via my own insurance (StateFarm) so they can chase after AllState to recover the money. Statefarm takes the estimate via the pictures you take. They will cut you a low ball check. BUT when you drop it off at the body shop, the body shop talks to StateFarm to cover any additional damage discovered. The body shop stated it is typical of StateFarm, but said they have no reason not to cover any additional expenses that were caused by the damage. StateFarm has been easy and good. I tried to change my policy with Tesla, and no one picked up the phone after 1 hour and 18 minutes. I eventually cancelled my Tesla insurance and moved back to StateFarm even though it is a bit more expensive. Just not worth my frustration.
Thanks, yeah Esurance cut me a lowball check, then last I’d heard last Friday from the supplement adjuster is Esurance was disputing the labor rates, and since then emails to the adjuster, Esurance rep and calls to the body shop have not been responded to. I even emailed the adjuster asking why 6 days after my email nobody has responded to me, and still no response. So my car has been in the shop for one month with no timeline given for repair or car return, for this damage:

Attachments

• IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
Thanks, yeah Esurance cut me a lowball check, then last I’d heard last Friday from the supplement adjuster is Esurance was disputing the labor rates, and since then emails to the adjuster, Esurance rep and calls to the body shop have not been responded to. I even emailed the adjuster asking why 6 days after my email nobody has responded to me, and still no response. So my car has been in the shop for one month with no timeline given for repair or car return, for this damage:
That experience sounds obscene! Where’s the accountability for lack of response + 1 month being out of commission?!? Sorry you’re going through this.

Yeah it’s time to get out the pitchforks. I spoke with Hollis who has gone to extreme lengths to make progress here and the Esurance people are still contesting the labor rates and won’t even approve the supplement, and are not even responding to my inquiries. My car has sat there for one month, with no progress made because of my insurance company, who is also not going to cover my rental car after 6/28. I actually am very interested in finding out who the lawyers are in this class action suit against State Farm from that Taycan owner who had the same experience in Florida. @Coho did you see any mention beyond that article you shared of who is representing the Plaintiff in that case? And also, if any of you have Esurance, do yourselves a favor and switch to someone different ASAP.

Yeah it’s time to get out the pitchforks. I spoke with Hollis who has gone to extreme lengths to make progress here and the Esurance people are still contesting the labor rates and won’t even approve the supplement, and are not even responding to my inquiries. My car has sat there for one month, with no progress made because of my insurance company, who is also not going to cover my rental car after 6/28. I actually am very interested in finding out who the lawyers are in this class action suit against State Farm from that Taycan owner who had the same experience in Florida. @Coho did you see any mention beyond that article you shared of who is representing the Plaintiff in that case? And also, if any of you have Esurance, do yourselves a favor and switch to someone different ASAP.
There is this and it may be what you want:

How come you car sits in the shop - it looks drivable from the pic. I still havent taken mine to the shop. Cant bare to give it up - they say 2 weeks to fix it. Neither Lucid authorized repair shop wanted to deal with SF - they really dont like them. (Scottsdale and Seattle area)

There is this and it may be what you want:

How come you car sits in the shop - it looks drivable from the pic. I still havent taken mine to the shop. Cant bare to give it up - they say 2 weeks to fix it. Neither Lucid authorized repair shop wanted to deal with SF - they really dont like them. (Scottsdale and Seattle area)
Thanks, they had to take the car apart, as while the pic looks ok there’s some stabilizing elements underneath the bumper that were damaged and it no longer sits flush with the frunk so the bumper needs replaced and then the ADAS recalibrated. The Lucid repair shop said State Farm has been trouble to deal with also but not nearly as terrible as Esurance. The car was totally driveable with the damage (I drove it for a month) but now that it’s disassembled it can’t be driven.

Back