Insurance company claim experience.

I got my car back.
It cost me $19,214 to get the car back because my insurance company rejected the supplement because of the labor rates, then stopped communicating with Hollis auto body of me about next steps. They did however make sure my rental car ended today, making my choice to either leave my car I’m making payments on there forever and pay for a rental car too, or be my own insurance company and get my car back.
Fuck Esurance/Allstate/National General Insurance.
If any of you have them, get rid of them ASAP before the same thing happens to you. Because of this the shop told me they’re actually not accepting those insurance companies anymore.
I’ll get my $ back, they have to pay. Just waiting for the insurance commissioner to finish their investigation, and if they still don’t pay me back then hopefully lawyers can get them to pay me back. So glad to have the car back, but man, my head is spinning from how stupid this situation is.
What a ride. Sorry for the messy insurance. That is an amazing bill for your damage. I hope the insurance commissioner can extract some pain from them and perhaps they will get you paid back. I still havent switched from State Farm as they promise to review once I take the car in for my hit and run but they have said 'no fault'. Im taking the car down to AZ for repairs eventually.

What a ride. Sorry for the messy insurance. That is an amazing bill for your damage. I hope the insurance commissioner can extract some pain from them and perhaps they will get you paid back. I still havent switched from State Farm as they promise to review once I take the car in for my hit and run but they have said 'no fault'. Im taking the car down to AZ for repairs eventually.
I am curious what you will find with State Farm. The only Lucid approved shop in Phoenix is Raintree Autobody and that are not on State Farm's approved list. I had a discussion with my agent on how State Farm would handle this. I am sure that my agent was trying to appease me but I was assured that the State Farm adjuster would work it out with Raintree. It would be good to know your experience.

I am curious what you will find with State Farm. The only Lucid approved shop in Phoenix is Raintree Autobody and that are not on State Farm's approved list. I had a discussion with my agent on how State Farm would handle this. I am sure that my agent was trying to appease me but I was assured that the State Farm adjuster would work it out with Raintree. It would be good to know your experience.
I will certainly report back. So far SF is 'covering' only 1/2 of $4800. Raintree doesnt like State Farm but they have assured me they will work it out. State Farm has said likewise once the car is there. Lots of moving lips - we will see. I will report on this in October after the completion of work. SF is actually pleased that I am not working with the shop here in Bellevue, WA for whatever reason.

Involved in a hit and run with a loaner just recently while we were driving. USAA waived the deductible and put fault on the other driver who has... *drum roll* ... All State. Apparently everything is done on my side, but the loaner has to go to Lucid for an estimate in Virginia.

I'm wondering if All State puts up the same resistance. We will see. If they do, I wonder how much, if any, USAA will pass the headache onto us.

Well, within one day of picking up my car, suddenly I was contacted by a manager at Esurance/Allstate/NGIC who now is assuring me they're going to reimburse me, after 5 weeks of complete silence from the adjuster who rejected the supplement based on labor rates. Apparently having the insurance commissioner investigate gets things done. @Coho looks like you have that option if State Farm refuses to pay. Esurance told me initially "oh yeah we know this is a low-ball estimate, there will be a supplement and it will be covered we'll work it out don't worry", and then they rejected the supplement and ghosted everyone, seriously unprofessional. FWIW the Lucid shop told me GEICO is great and they've never had an issue with them, but State Farm, Allstate and Esurance/NGIC (they're an Allstate subsidiary I guess) are getting blacklisted by Lucid shops. And of course USAA, Amica and Pure are never a problem. I'm sure we'll all end up with higher rates soon regardless of insurer. The car is just seriously expensive to repair, no way around it.

Glad to hear that things finally work out for Bunny. Why didn't they just do what's appropriate and save their customers from the headache?
On a different but related note, is anyone here using or has used Cincinnati, Private Client tier?

Glad to hear that things finally work out for Bunny. Why didn't they just do what's appropriate and save their customers from the headache?
On a different but related note, is anyone here using or has used Cincinnati, Private Client tier?
I have, before I was with PURE. They were great.

I believe @Paladin732 may use them now?

Is PURE better than Cincinnati?
It's generally better reviewed by members, yeah. But not by much. They're both pretty great. Get quotes from both. If they're the same price, pick PURE. If PURE is a little more expensive, maybe pick PURE, but figure out what they offer that's better/different. If it's a lot more expensive, Cin is great.

Well, it's $3,344 vs. $7,355 for the same coverage.
The agent also said something along the line that PURE would be a better choice if the house is > 3 mil.

Well, it's $3,344 vs. $7,355 for the same coverage.
The agent also said something along the line that PURE would be a better choice if the house is > 3 mil.
At that price, I'd go Cin.

PURE is basically the best of the best, but not worth that price difference. In my case, PURE was actually slightly *cheaper* overall, hence making it easy to swap (by like 50 bucks, lol).

At that price, I'd go Cin.

PURE is basically the best of the best, but not worth that price difference. In my case, PURE was actually slightly *cheaper* overall, hence making it easy to swap (by like 50 bucks, lol).
Thanks for the advice.
Cincinnati it is.

But you will receive 10x the service from Pure and Chubb. If you ever need to use State Farm you will most likely pay out of pocket for some of the repairs.
Well, maybe but I save around $15K a year with State Farm Pure and that goes a long way towards repairs.

Well, maybe but I save around $15K a year with State Farm Pure and that goes a long way towards repairs.
My concern is State Farm will pay based on depreciated value whereas Pure and others will pay on replacement value. So currently if you total a GT, State Farm might pay $100k whereas Pure would buy a new GT. At least thats what I understand. They are trying to pay me 50% on a fender bender hit and run. Some of this comes down to trust as well especially with real estate property and the escalated prices. What value does State Farm place on that - likely what you ensured if for and not the current replacement value.

My concern is State Farm will pay based on depreciated value whereas Pure and others will pay on replacement value. So currently if you total a GT, State Farm might pay $100k whereas Pure would buy a new GT. At least thats what I understand. They are trying to pay me 50% on a fender bender hit and run. Some of this comes down to trust as well especially with real estate property and the escalated prices. What value does State Farm place on that - likely what you ensured if for and not the current replacement value.
Other companies do offer that, although it might not be standard. I'm with Safeco, which is a division of Liberty Mutual. I have a full replacement option on there for $49/year. It's the only reason I still have a Lucid.

Other companies do offer that, although it might not be standard. I'm with Safeco, which is a division of Liberty Mutual. I have a full replacement option on there for $49/year. It's the only reason I still have a Lucid.
SafeCo, Pure, Chubb, Cincinnati are all HNW insurers which will offer agreed / replacement value.

In regards to the parking lot blush that got this thread going, I took the first step towards repair. The small piece of plastic chrome on the right rear quarter panel costs about $16. A Lucid technician suggested I replace it myself. I bought the part and Lucid actually applied the fix. Took about 2 minutes. The ‘book’ labor charge for this is over $300 for 2 hrs labor. Talk about screwy! The same technician suggested a dent repair shop to do the rest of the fix perhaps avoiding the $4800 charges levied by the Lucid approved shops.

Experienced a parking mishap, got quotes for damage: Lucid approved shop $4800, State Farm $2400. Impressed with State Farm's quick response, but the gap raises eyebrows. If this persists, I might need to explore other insurance options after 50 years with State Farm. Any recommendations for reliable insurers?

Experienced a parking mishap, got quotes for damage: Lucid approved shop $4800, State Farm $2400. Impressed with State Farm's quick response, but the gap raises eyebrows. If this persists, I might need to explore other insurance options after 50 years with State Farm. Any recommendations for reliable insurers?
All insurance companies start with a low ball offer. The insurance company has no database in the estimating system for lucid, so at best they are guessing. Send a copy of the estimate that SF provided to the certified shop, when your car arrives, they will take everything apart and submit a supplement to SF for the difference. This is where SF is ultra slow. It may take weeks prior to getting approval.

Back