Insurance company claim experience.

In regards to the parking lot blush that got this thread going, I took the first step towards repair. The small piece of plastic chrome on the right rear quarter panel costs about $16. A Lucid technician suggested I replace it myself. I bought the part and Lucid actually applied the fix. Took about 2 minutes. The ‘book’ labor charge for this is over $300 for 2 hrs labor. Talk about screwy! The same technician suggested a dent repair shop to do the rest of the fix perhaps avoiding the $4800 charges levied by the Lucid approved shops.
As a followup to my parking lot bump: I had a dent only guy work on the dent just to see what would result. Charged $250 and only if you look real hard can you see the blemish. So I am in for about $266 for dent and ‘chrome’. I have the paint issues to deal with and this may require a body shop because it’s on the edge of the panel. Or I just let it be. I regret even starting a claim process on this. Lesson leaned.

Experienced a parking mishap, got quotes for damage: Lucid approved shop $4800, State Farm $2400. Impressed with State Farm's quick response, but the gap raises eyebrows. If this persists, I might need to explore other insurance options after 50 years with State Farm. Any recommendations for reliable insurers?
PURE insurance company pays 100%(less your deductible) for any repairs on your Lucid.

Costs more to insure. No hassles and full coverage including a Lucid approved shop.

Experienced a parking mishap, got quotes for damage: Lucid approved shop $4800, State Farm $2400. Impressed with State Farm's quick response, but the gap raises eyebrows. If this persists, I might need to explore other insurance options after 50 years with State Farm. Any recommendations for reliable insurers?
Those are exactly my numbers and expressed situation. Curious - any photos of your incident for comparison?

Back