Infotainment and reboot

Can I live without CarPlay? Sure but I really would prefer not to have to do so. To be able to stream Apple Music (which has a greater library of Dolby Atmos tracks than Tidal) and utilize Waze as well as some of the other features would be wonderful. Hopefully coming soon maybe with
I didn't know. I Did make some assumptions about features that a $169,000 luxury car should have, and that was my mistake.
I think in time, it will be added.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to 2.0 when (I believe) CarPlay will be added and we can stop talking about it entirely.

I think in time, it will be added.
I think, and believe, that Lucid had great plans for a lot of features that have been delayed do to the current state of software. I am sure that we will see them sometime next year.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to 2.0 when (I believe) CarPlay will be added and we can stop talking about it entirely.
Yea. Good point.

I probably should have kept my trap shut because tomorrow when I get my car, I hope my first complaint isn’t the lack of Apple CarPlay .🤣🤣🤣

I probably should have kept my trap shut because tomorrow when I get my car, I hope my first complaint isn’t the lack of Apple CarPlay .🤣🤣🤣
Well, your first complaint might be that launch mode makes you puke! :eek: ;) :cool:

It would be great if that was your first complaint actually.

It would be great if that was your first complaint actually.
True. With everything I have learned here, my expectations are now realistically set and I truly hope to have smooth sailing . In the event I do not, I can credit all of you here with being able to deal with it.

CarPlay makes driving enjoyable. These are expensive cars. They should be equipped to handle CarPlay.
Well the upside is the Lucid navigation is pretty good now, adding waypoints is easier than Google Maps or Apple Maps, satellite view is awesome (albeit sluggish). Tidal interface is better on the Lucid too. I’d say the biggest thing I miss from CarPlay is ability to read and reply to text messages which the Lucid does poorly, but I’ve found using Siri on Apple Watch solves that problem most of the time. As far as UI goes the Lucid is MUCH better than CarPlay. Very little icon scrolling, and the color scheme and fonts are harmonious with the rest of the car. Again it’s just a preference, but there have not been many moments where I got so frustrated with the Lucid that I wanted to dump it because of no CarPlay.

If only. I’m sure there will be myriad threads complaining about HOW they implemented it.

I too vote for an inside the car reboot of the right screen and pilot panel which ware not essential for car operation and should be able to be done while in Park.

I too vote for an inside the car reboot of the right screen and pilot panel which ware not essential for car operation and should be able to be done while in Park.
I presume you meant without exiting the car & doing a sun/rain dance and then entering in? Yup. 100%.

BTW, is there a way to 'turn off' the car when in park. Meaning, wife is $hopping and I need to recline & take a nap and put the car to sleep. Right now, the headlights are on, till I exit the car & turn off.

People will complain that there is no Car Play today. People would have complained if an entire vehicle was delayed because Car Play wasn't ready. We'll never be happy 😄

I've always preferred built in infotainment anyway. Lucid's looks great and cohesive and I'm looking forward to the future improvements.

Sorry, we all knew there was no CarPlay when the vehicle was produced. Don’t want to get into an argument and sorry you are not happy with the car. I have cars that I use CarPlay with and those I don’t. It makes zero difference to me, but I guess we all have our preferences.
From the day of deposit and even today on Lucid web site under connectivity it reads “Air is even compatible with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and countless other apps.” https://www.lucidmotors.com/air/connectivity I was expecting CarPlay when I picked the car up last December. So we didn’t all know. I didn’t join forum until after I had the car and Lucid didn’t advertise that the web site was misleading.

I presume you meant without exiting the car & doing a sun/rain dance and then entering in? Yup. 100%.

BTW, is there a way to 'turn off' the car when in park. Meaning, wife is $hopping and I need to recline & take a nap and put the car to sleep. Right now, the headlights are on, till I exit the car & turn off.
Just lock the doors with the fob or your phone. If you use the fob to lock twice it will turn off the car entirely.

The key word is “compatible,” and it is. I agree it can be confusing.
The car can not be compatible with CarPlay if it is not running car play. CarPlay runs on the car not the the iPhone. It’s not something the owner can purchase and install on their own. It’s not confusing it’s deceptive.

Back