• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Infotainment and reboot

With me sitting inside?

My goal is to turn the headlights off & the pilot panel to save on battery while I'm waiting in the car. If I can do that, that will work too.
You can do it with you sitting inside with no problem. If you turn on the cabin temperature hold functionality it’ll even leave the HVAC on for 45 minutes.

You can do it with you sitting inside with no problem. If you turn on the cabin temperature hold functionality it’ll even leave the HVAC on for 45 minutes.
Mercedes has a simple solution, a "start" button.

I sit with my lights on to deter anyone from getting too close.

I hate that button. I like being able to just get in and drive, not having to remember to turn it on or off.
It has a useful purpose. Would be very easy to have an option to disable it.

Well, my old Mac Intel laptop is technically “Windows 11 compatible.” But when I bought it, what do you know? Windows was nowhere to be found. Those Apple bastards.
You'r right. If you still have that Apple laptop or any other Apple products you should burn them tonight.

It has a useful purpose. Would be very easy to have an option to disable it.
Lucid could easily have a second push of the park button put the car in an off state. Those who want it, can use it, no change for those who like it the way it is.

Mercedes has a simple solution, a "start" button.
Polestar 2 uses driver seat weight sensor to start car as “start button”.
Lucid Air and uses brake pad step down as “start button”.
Rivian R1T use 4 different kinds of Fob.

The concept is to completely make car “smart” and “digital” to eliminate old fashion analog way of inserting key and turn or even pressing a button.

It’s really nice concept, but often OVER-ENGINEERED for car couldn’t be smart enough yet and thus became software issue.

Lucid could easily have a second push of the park button put the car in an off state. Those who want it, can use it, no change for those who like it the way it is.
Great idea!

Any updates since September? Are people still experiencing the need for reboots? Is Apple CarPlay available yet?

Any updates since September? Are people still experiencing the need for reboots? Is Apple CarPlay available yet?
I’ve needed to reboot once in the last month, as my backup camera wouldn’t come up. That fixed it. before that I honestly can’t remember the last time I needed a reboot but it’s been awhile. The people to ask about CarPlay at this point is Apple, from what I understand.

Reboots are less but not gone. Would say twice in last month. Only issue I have is Sirius XM completely stopped working for me at this time regardless of reboots. I’ll wait til non beta version comes out or need a service visit for other issues for it to get looked at. CarPlay not out yet

I’ve needed to reboot once in the last month, as my backup camera wouldn’t come up. That fixed it. before that I honestly can’t remember the last time I needed a reboot but it’s been awhile. The people to ask about CarPlay at this point is Apple, from what I understand.
So the blame here is Apple and Android but not Lucid, eh?

So the blame here is Apple and Android but not Lucid, eh?
As I understand it Lucid’s CarPlay approval from apple is going through the same very lengthy process that led to it taking two years for Polestar to have CarPlay.

As I understand it Lucid’s CarPlay approval from apple is going through the same very lengthy process that led to it taking two years for Polestar to have CarPlay.
So what about Android Auto??

I don’t know this for sure, but my guess is that they want to release both simultaneously.
Correct. You can blame the car owners for the inevitable protests Lucid is concerned about for that one :p

Back