I saw a Dream show up on BAT today

Pwmac

Verified Owner
Cars
GT Blk/SC/21
I haven't seen one at auction and will be interested to see what it goes for. I'm guessing below what they are posted on ebay for. Wish I could be a bidder.

• Wow
Reactions: Joe
I haven't seen one at auction and will be interested to see what it goes for. I'm guessing below what they are posted on ebay for. Wish I could be a bidder.

If I am reading this correctly, the current bid is well below the MSRP for the DE.

If I am reading this correctly, the current bid is well below the MSRP for the DE.
Don't auctions always start that way? Plus doesn't BAT allow you to set a reserve?

Yes, they allow you to set a reserve. This auction has a long way to go and things don’t really get too serious until the end. There are 6 days left on this auction, long time. I have watched numerous classics on BAT and things have gotten silly expensive over the last year or two.

Yes, they allow you to set a reserve. This auction has a long way to go and things don’t really get too serious until the end. There are 6 days left on this auction, long time. I have watched numerous classics on BAT and things have gotten silly expensive over the last year or two.
Yes. And if multiple people are bidding towards the end they will keep extending the auction. I'm going to be selling an Oldsmobile on their in the next couple days and hope there are a couple people who really like it so I can upgrade my touring reservation to a GT. Lol!

Ok, I’ll bite. What year and model?

I’ve bought and sold several cars on BAT. All the action is on the last day. Anything I’ve seen sold on BAT recently makes big bucks. I’d be shocked if this sells for less than $200k. Lots of people with money to burn at the moment.

I sold my 74 BMW 3.0 CSi on Bat about 18 months ago. My buddy sold his Lambo Diablo SV there also. We both did quite well. It’s entertaining as hell and you will find yourself trolling the site often. They have some amazing machinery among the usual classics and muscle cars

They have some amazing machinery among the usual classics and muscle cars
It used to be the case that most stuff on there was at least a bit special. Now they sell any old junk on there as long as it has low mileage. Somebody usually buys it too. That old PT Barnum quote comes to mind. I am paraphrasing, but I think it was ‘nobody has gone broke by underestimating the taste of the US public.’ Apt.

It used to be the case that most stuff on there was at least a bit special. Now they sell any old junk on there as long as it has low mileage. Somebody usually buys it too. That old PT Barnum quote comes to mind. I am paraphrasing, but I think it was ‘nobody has gone broke by underestimating the taste of the US public.’ Apt.
You are correct, there is a market for everything. There are too many “used cars” on BAT but I would say that at least 1/3 of the offerings are special. Right now there is a 36 Cord and a 48 mercury woodie wagon both restored to perfection that are up for auction. I may have to build another garage! But alas my available time and energy will be taken with my GT delivery this month ( hopefully)

Dream #504, a range edition, was listed for auction today. It would be nice to see one of them sell but a range with a dirty interior probably won't bring top dollar. Wonder what the reserve is?

Dream #504, a range edition, was listed for auction today. It would be nice to see one of them sell but a range with a dirty interior probably won't bring top dollar. Wonder what the reserve is?

I don't get it. Pics show 678 miles and 705 miles, so images were taken at different times. What really is puzzling is why the two large dirty boot prints were left on the rear passenger floor mat! Really?

I don't get it. Pics show 678 miles and 705 miles, so images were taken at different times. What really is puzzling is why the two large dirty boot prints were left on the rear passenger floor mat! Really?
If I look sideways at my Santa Cruz white carpets they get dirty. That’s why I have grey mats on order. But yeah if you are selling a car you only make a first impression once. Spend the 200 bucks to get it detailed. SMH

If I look sideways at my Santa Cruz white carpets they get dirty. That’s why I have grey mats on order. But yeah if you are selling a car you only make a first impression once. Spend the 200 bucks to get it detailed. SMH
For sure. Or just take the mats out for picture. I have the Santa Cruz on order and agree that replacing the stock ones is a good idea.

I sold a car a on bat earlier this year and is does take 2 or 3 weeks from the time you submit a car to the listing being active and they ask for additional detailed pics sometimes so I can see how the mileage could be higher. But no excuse for the boot prints.

I remember other threads about Lucids on BAT. I think most of them didn’t meet their reserve and didn’t seem to sell.

Back