Hyundai now more efficient than Lucid?

Good luck on mark up with their microchip shortage issues. Kia EV6 offered me +12k MSRP mark up and it’s not even top of line trim. I walked away didn’t even bother to counteroffer.
Yes, my greatest concern with any Kia/Hyundai product is dealing with their dealers. My wife and I bought a new Azera in 2009. But, not until I created a scene and stormed out of one dealer because they were trying to tack on an additional $5K from the price they had agreed to on the phone. We went to another dealer, and luckily met the owner's son. We walked out in 10 minutes having bought the car at a price that was even better than the one that I had negotiated at the other dealer over the phone.

Yes, my greatest concern with any Kia/Hyundai product is dealing with their dealers. My wife and I bought a new Azera in 2009. But, not until I created a scene and stormed out of one dealer because they were trying to tack on an additional $5K from the price they had agreed to on the phone. We went to another dealer, and luckily met the owner's son. We walked out in 10 minutes having bought the car at a price that was even better than the one that I had negotiated at the other dealer over the phone.
Yes, it’s a game. They begged me for 1k deposit for lock down the car. I went straight to point asked bottom line price. I walked out didn’t bother. They said I should counteroffer and they may meet half way, I walked out didn’t look back.

These supply chain shortage only bring out the worst of auto franchising system. My friend just bought a F150-Lightning for 89k. I’m going to go check out the specs today to see if it is worth it.

Yes, it’s a game. They begged me for 1k deposit for lock down the car. I went straight to point asked bottom line price. I walked out didn’t bother. They said I should counteroffer and they may meet half way, I walked out didn’t look back.

These supply chain shortage only bring out the worst of auto franchising system. My friend just bought a F150-Lightning for 89k. I’m going to go check out the specs today to see if it is worth it.
Kia and Hyundai's biggest issue in the US is their sales people. Their franchisees seem to have come directly from the midway at a carnival.

[ETA] I have no idea if the Genesis dealerships are as sleazy as the Kia/Hyundai dealerships are, but my bad experience, and many bad reports from others who have been treated this way, have kept me away. Too bad...

And there is NO WAY that the F-150 Lightning is worth $90K to me. The range on the thing is pitiful.

My '09 Tacoma serves all of my pickup truck needs, and is as reliable as dirt. If I were looking at an Electric Pickup, it would be a Rivian.

Last edited:
Kia and Hyundai's biggest issue in the US is their sales people. Their franchisees seem to have come directly from the midway at a carnival.

And there is NO WAY that the F-150 Lightning is worth $90K to me. My '09 Tacoma serves all of my pickup truck needs, and is as reliable as dirt.
I believe CyberTruck will make an impact in Texas. A lot people here wants truck at same time wants EV. Rivian and Ford may lead the way. But newer generations want more things more different. I see more and more Tesla on the road in Texas everyday.

On my Ioniq 5 Limited AWD I'm getting 3.4-3.6Mkw without really thinking about it. BTW, MSRP was $57K with $4K markup, and having driven several luxury cars as well as test drove the GTA, the Ioniq really is worth it.

Back