Hunting wild Lucid Airs

Have you spotted your first wild Air?

• Yup!

Votes: 183 59.4%
  • Maybe? Wasn't sure.

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Nope! Still looking!

Votes: 50 16.2%
  • I'm the wild Air you're hunting! (owner)

Votes: 72 23.4%

• Total voters
Nope, we decided to just wait for the Gravity as it fits our needs better and got a EV9 as a stopgap.
My prediction, you will keep the EV9.

My prediction, you will keep the EV9.
Main concern with the Gravity right now is toe-room and just general second row room/features (heated/ventilated captains chairs mandatory, preferably massaging too). If it delivers on these things and is still under 80-90k, we will have a day 1 reservation. The EV9 is a unreliable mess right now and the Gravity is simply better in a lot of other ways, such as cargo, driving dynamics, materials (not to as high of an extent as others say), looks, range, third row legroom (we could care less, all that really matters is the second row) and frunk space. However, two things that may be lacking are rear seat features and legroom/toeroom (and at what price those features are at). If it does not have those, then yes, we will likely stick with the EV9. By that point, the Lucid's would have to wait their turn until our 2014 Sorento gets replaced, probably in 2028 (although by then ill probably be in college with the lucid midsize).

Last edited:
Main concern with the Gravity right now is toe-room and just general second row room/features (heated/ventilated captains chairs mandatory, preferably massaging too). If it delivers on these things and is still under 80-90k, we will have a day 1 reservation. The EV9 is a unreliable mess right now and the Gravity is simply better in a lot of other ways, such as cargo, driving dynamics, materials (not to as high of an extent as others say), looks, range, third row legroom (we could care less, all that really matters is the second row) and frunk space. However, two things that may be lacking are rear seat features and legroom/toeroom (and at what price those features are at). If it does not have those, then yes, we will likely stick with the EV9. By that point, the Lucid's would have to wait their turn until our 2014 Sorento gets replaced, probably in 2028 (although by then ill probably be in college with the lucid midsize).
“I didn’t buy the Gravity because of toe room” is the lamest excuse for anything I’ve ever heard.

Better come up with something more believable for when the time comes.

Alright, this is a first... spotted a spaceship accessory on top of a Lucid. I was waiting for it to teleport the Air to another galaxy
1000000373.jpg
1000000374.jpg

“I didn’t buy the Gravity because of toe room” is the lamest excuse for anything I’ve ever heard.

Better come up with something more believable for when the time comes.
What’s that supposed to mean?? By toe-room (which is also lacking in the air), I mean space under the seat. At no point did I say only toe-room was the factor we “didn’t order the gravity” (which I also never said, reservations didn’t even open yet. never said it was ruled out, either). In fact, I quite literally conceded numerous things the Gravity was better than our current car at and listed things that we personally cared about. Our family does not care about driving dynamics (comfort and noise we do, though) and we do not care much about range. All we care about are features and space in the first two rows (and the third row, where the gravity absolutely destroys the ev9, not cargo though as both have more than we need) and the price for which those features are obtained, and we hope the Gravity does deliver on those things. I don’t really understand why you seem to have a problem with people who have different priorities in a car..

I also dont understand/appreciate the confrontational tone that implies it’s an excuse with the second paragraph and the wording in the first, especially when all my reasons have been clearly and honestly communicated. Perhaps you could explain why? Unless I’m misinterpreting your tone, which I hope I am.

Last edited:
What’s that supposed to mean?? By toe-room (which is also lacking in the air), I mean space under the seat. At no point did I say only toe-room was the factor we “didn’t order the gravity” (which I also never said, reservations didn’t even open yet. never said it was ruled out, either). In fact, I quite literally conceded numerous things the Gravity was better than our current car at and listed things that we personally cared about. Our family does not care about driving dynamics (comfort and noise we do, though) and we do not care much about range. All we care about are features and space in the first two rows (and the third row, where the gravity absolutely destroys the ev9, not cargo though as both have more than we need) and the price for which those features are obtained, and we hope the Gravity does deliver on those things. I don’t really understand why you seem to have a problem with people who have different priorities in a car..

I also dont understand/appreciate the confrontational tone that implies it’s an excuse with the second paragraph and the wording in the first, especially when all my reasons have been clearly and honestly communicated. Perhaps you could explain why? Unless I’m misinterpreting your tone, which I hope I am.
Joke. Noun. 1. An instance of jesting. Synonym: kidding.

But seriously. You should be preparing yourself for some polite ribbing from your friends here if your folks decide against the Gravity. Just like you got when they didn’t go for the Air.

Joke. Noun. 1. An instance of jesting. Synonym: kidding.

But seriously. You should be preparing yourself for some polite ribbing from your friends here if your folks decide against the Gravity. Just like you got when they didn’t go for the Air.
Ah, very sorry about that then. I guess I'm just used to people indicating kidding with an emoji, but I get how it could be a joke!

And yeah, it would be pretty funny if we didn't end up with a Lucid after all of this, but I'm fine with the ribbing!

Ah, very sorry about that then. I guess I'm just used to people indicating kidding with an emoji, but I get how it could be a joke!

And yeah, it would be pretty funny if we didn't end up with a Lucid after all of this, but I'm fine with the ribbing!
I hate text.

3 Airs today, first time seeing a Sapphire in real life!!!

Attachments

• 1710134800116.png
    1710134800116.png
    618.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 1710134812272.png
    1710134812272.png
    579.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 1710134821515.png
    1710134821515.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Saw a new zenith red pure with 19" wheels and dark tint applied at the Laguna Design Center today. I was having lunch at Plumeria Cafe and spotted it parked a few spots away. If you're on the forum here, welcome to the neighborhood! 👋

Well, we're heading toward your neck of the woods next week, so we might see each other.
Where are good charging stations around Costa Mesa and Anaheim these days?
Thanks.
Ahhh did I miss your visit? I’ve been ill so haven’t been able to get on 😭. There are a few. I’ve only been to 3-4 different stations.

Ok sooooo….. I was in the passenger seat of hubbys 4Runner and saw a Lucid at the light. We drove past it and I was hanging out of the window waving. If any of you saw this crazy woman waving at you in Orange County or possibly Cerritos 🙈…. It was meeeee 😀
IMG_4328.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4327.jpeg
    IMG_4327.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 83
Ok sooooo….. I was in the passenger seat of hubbys 4Runner and saw a Lucid at the light. We drove past it and I was hanging out of the window waving. If any of you saw this crazy woman waving at you in Orange County or possibly Cerritos 🙈…. It was meeeee 😀View attachment 19365
I've been spotted!! I told my wife (sitting in the passenger seat) "that's gotta be a forum member!"

Last edited:
Back