Hunting wild Lucid Airs

Have you spotted your first wild Air?

• Yup!

Votes: 183 59.4%
  • Maybe? Wasn't sure.

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Nope! Still looking!

Votes: 50 16.2%
  • I'm the wild Air you're hunting! (owner)

Votes: 72 23.4%

• Total voters
Spotted a Dream Gold here in Austin on MoPac a few days ago. Not sure if owner is here.

Saw a black DE here in Charlotte, in my area nonetheless. We have seen it three times so far, so we know it lives nearby.

Nothing yet even though there have been a number of area purchases. I am surprised that I haven't seen one at the Phoenician golf parking lot. I have seen Rolls, Bentleys, MB GTs, Lambos, Taycans, etc. there but no Lucids as yet. At least not when I have been there.

Nothing yet even though there have been a number of area purchases. I am surprised that I haven't seen one at the Phoenician golf parking lot. I have seen Rolls, Bentleys, MB GTs, Lambos, Taycans, etc. there but no Lucids as yet. At least not when I have been there.
I guarantee you'll see some in Fountain Hills on Sunday around 9 am near the Coffee shop on the SW corner of the fountain :).

White DE a few weeks back, parked in Laguna Beach, near the Sawdust Festival site.

Oddly enough, I used to see a couple a week in my area but have yet to see another one since I got mine! It is so weird.

Oddly enough, I used to see a couple a week in my area but have yet to see another one since I got mine! It is so weird.
Obviously you scared them away. Lucids are not social animals rather predators who hunt alone, like great white sharks!

Obviously you scared them away. Lucids are not social animals rather predators who hunt alone, like great white sharks!
[David Attenborough voice]

Here we see several Tesla gathering in the wild. They are hungry and looking to feed on the weaker Prius that dominate these highways. The pod grows, numbering close to 30 - Model 3, Y, S and X are all here, with a few aging Roadsters hanging on by the steel belts in their radials before their inevitable demise.

The Prius senses danger! Quickly, it tries to merge and exit, but the driver doesn't know how an accelerator works and it doesn't have sufficient regeneration - or brakes. It can't make the turn and the Teslas are closing in.

But suddenly, the true apex EV predator of the highway appears. A Lucid. Dream Edition.

The Teslas sense danger and quickly move to accelerate away, but most of them are using the Full Self Driving beta without radar and phantom braking suddenly strikes. The Lucid closes the gap, picking nicest, juiciest prey - a Plaid.

The Plaid floors it to escape, but the driver doesn't know how to steer with a yoke and can't handle the power. The brakes are straining in each turn before they inevitably catch fire - should have optioned the Carbon Ceramics, but they cost an extra $20,000.

The Plaid can no longer escape, and the Lucid closes. The other Teslas watch in fear, wondering who will be next...

Last edited:
I'm in San Francisco and Oakland for the weekend. Best chance for me to spot one! I'm yet to see one in person. Been looking for wild Airs but haven't spotted any :( Might stop by Millbrae studio if they are open today during Easter holidays.

Days hunting: 22

Have you spotted one?
If you don't see a silver one you'll know it's me!

Here we see several Tesla gathering in the wild. They are hungry and looking to feed on the weaker Prius that dominate these highways. The pod grows, numbering close to 30 - Model 3, Y, S and X are all here, with a few aging Roadsters hanging on by the steel belts in their radials before their inevitable demise.

The Prius senses danger! Quickly, it tries to merge and exit, but the driver doesn't know how an accelerator works and it doesn't have sufficient regeneration - or brakes. It can't make the turn and the Teslas are closing in.

But suddenly, the true apex EV predator of the highway appears. A Lucid. Dream Edition.

The Teslas sense danger and quickly move to accelerate away, but most of them are using the Full Self Driving beta without radar and phantom braking suddenly strikes. The Lucid closes the gap, picking nicest, juiciest prey - a Plaid.

The Plaid floors it to escape, but the driver doesn't know how to steer with a yoke and can't handle the power. The brakes are straining in each turn before they inevitably catch fire - should have optioned the Carbon Ceramics, but they cost an extra $20,000.

The Plaid can no longer escape, and the Lucid closes. The other Teslas watch in fear, wondering who will be next...
And Elon ready to tweet why only straight line acceleration matters 🤣

Dying 😂

Found one! White air GT with Mojave interior.

Former Tesla owner. That the only way you could get that license plate in Illinois.

Attachments

• 5804E00C-6CC6-4A6F-9316-FFC1CB4AB932.jpeg
    5804E00C-6CC6-4A6F-9316-FFC1CB4AB932.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 199
  • 7BD4B935-B218-48DA-B64C-6FBCBDE603CE.jpeg
    7BD4B935-B218-48DA-B64C-6FBCBDE603CE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 198
Saw a red Grand Touring with Illinois plates LUCID GT. Oh wait, that’s me.

I haven't seen an Air since my trip to the Bay Area earlier in the year. I saw a Zenith Red one on the Stanford campus.

I don't count Airs at service centers or retail stores, of course. Only "wild" sightings.

Last week at EA station, this AGT pulled in next to me and surprised me totally. First sighting from an out of town we passing thru.

Attachments

• 736EC735-F7BF-4E6B-97A3-2551DCF46D6B.jpeg
    736EC735-F7BF-4E6B-97A3-2551DCF46D6B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 141
There is a gold DE in the Princeton, NJ area that sparked my interest. I’d never heard of Lucid before and I was hooked!

B6A0A198-3000-42BC-82CA-7EB5F83E0728.jpeg

I’ve seen a couple, but only at charging stations (together with a rivian once lol). PS: shout-out to Bob and Karen on their lovely license plate if they are forum members here!

Back