Huge thanks to long time owners!

Darax

Verified Owner
Cars
leaf, solterra, air
I took my Lucid on an extended trip today. I went Christmas shopping in a town 54 miles away accessed by freeways where 70 is the legal limit, so under 79 and you look suspicious. :). Added a couple of detours on the way home. The first, which I had planned, was 30 miles out of the way, up hills through a forest highway. The second was impromptu and on the way home. I have a couple other EVs, and both the main trip and my planned detour were each at the limit of my other cars. I put 200 miles on the car today, and my last stop was an EA station. I recharged the majority of what I used in 25 minutes while I picked out cards for people. Everything 'just works'.

A lot of things 'just worked', including apple car play, the lucid nav, the car behaved on the edge of connectivity. I know this wasn't always the case, and a lot of software glitches have been experienced in the past. This goes beyond software to the build quality of the car itself. When my car was delivered the rep mentioned 'the forums' multiple times, including a direct reference to a 'delivery checklist' I have to assume is from this forum. I'm not one to notice panel gaps or trim falling off unless I'm poked in the eye or a wheel stops turning. I appreciate the increased attention to detail I wouldn't know to demand for myself. It is wonderful that Lucid is listening, and I'm grateful they have someone to hear.

Good to hear a positive account from a new owner, as someone on the fence right now.

Sounds like a fun day!

Yeah we put that checklist together almost two years ago. Obviously others have added to it since then. Glad you are happy with your car!!

I took my Lucid on an extended trip today. I went Christmas shopping in a town 54 miles away accessed by freeways where 70 is the legal limit, so under 79 and you look suspicious. :). Added a couple of detours on the way home. The first, which I had planned, was 30 miles out of the way, up hills through a forest highway. The second was impromptu and on the way home. I have a couple other EVs, and both the main trip and my planned detour were each at the limit of my other cars. I put 200 miles on the car today, and my last stop was an EA station. I recharged the majority of what I used in 25 minutes while I picked out cards for people. Everything 'just works'.

A lot of things 'just worked', including apple car play, the lucid nav, the car behaved on the edge of connectivity. I know this wasn't always the case, and a lot of software glitches have been experienced in the past. This goes beyond software to the build quality of the car itself. When my car was delivered the rep mentioned 'the forums' multiple times, including a direct reference to a 'delivery checklist' I have to assume is from this forum. I'm not one to notice panel gaps or trim falling off unless I'm poked in the eye or a wheel stops turning. I appreciate the increased attention to detail I wouldn't know to demand for myself. It is wonderful that Lucid is listening, and I'm grateful they have someone to hear.
Thanks for sharing. This forum (despite protests to the contrary) is heavily biased towards those having complaints or issues. (As one would expect on the internet.)

It’s always nice to hear reports of happy customers. Echoes my sentiments pretty much every time I go for a drive.

Lucid has a very good relationship with this forum! I even met some studio advisors that are IN this forum(won't share their names for confidentiality), in addition to the Lucid reps and officials (even zak edson..)!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your car. Would you say that was a worthy midlife crisis like your other posts suggest? ;) 🤣

I have taken two road trips between Orlando and Miami in the last 30 days. Both were round trips. I drove down, did some running around Miami-Dafe County and back home to the Orlando area. Both trips were a pleasure. Ride quality was super, wind noise a little too much, but the ride was not fatiguing. I started my trip at 99% SOC and never worried about running out of charge. I love this car. Lucid Air Grand Touring 2022. Thanks for this great forum guys.

Postivity??? Stop it! 😂😂

Drove to Philly and back yesterday with my staff as per usual when working down there. They won't even consider joining me unless I'm driving Chameleon. They just get in and enjoy everything literally. My one staffer even has his own Atmos playlist. I give him the work iPhone to cue up Tidal while he's playing DJ for the roundtrip. I know he's waiting for me to let him drive down once but I'm not there yet! 😂😂

Oh, and I failed to mention under optimal conditions, I could make that round-trip twice in my Touring without having to charge. I love this car!

Lucid has a very good relationship with this forum! I even met some studio advisors that are IN this forum(won't share their names for confidentiality), in addition to the Lucid reps and officials (even zak edson..)!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your car. Would you say that was a worthy midlife crisis like your other posts suggest? ;) 🤣
Definitely. A surprise for me was Tidal. I've been on Spotify for ages, and didn't realize there was higher quality streaming.

I finished my Christmas baking yesterday, and it was a clear sunny day today, so there was no way I was not going to hand-deliver this year's Christmas cookies to someone 75 miles away. Played Christmas tunes and smiled (4.0 mi/kWh). Heading 85 miles in the opposite direction tomorrow. My avatar shows this year's selection: Butter Spritz, Molasses Spice, Cornmeal Almond Craisin Biscotti, Vanilla/Chocolate Stripe, Peanutbutter Sandwich Cookies, and Bittersweet Chocolate Almond Stars. So glad that so many in this forum have provided such great advice and insights. Merry Christmas!

I finished my Christmas baking yesterday, and it was a clear sunny day today, so there was no way I was not going to hand-deliver this year's Christmas cookies to someone 75 miles away. Played Christmas tunes and smiled (4.0 mi/kWh). Heading 85 miles in the opposite direction tomorrow. My avatar shows this year's selection: Butter Spritz, Molasses Spice, Cornmeal Almond Craisin Biscotti, Vanilla/Chocolate Stripe, Peanutbutter Sandwich Cookies, and Bittersweet Chocolate Almond Stars. So glad that so many in this forum have provided such great advice and insights. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from nearby! I'm in NH and Boston for the holidays visiting family. Those look amazing, feel free to drop some by! Jk 😄

Yeah we put that checklist together almost two years ago. Obviously others have added to it since then. Glad you are happy with your car!!
I recall you did the lion share's of collating the information.
I used it for my delivery and one of the managers actually wanted a copy.

Merry Christmas from nearby! I'm in NH and Boston for the holidays visiting family. Those look amazing, feel free to drop some by! Jk 😄
If all goes as planned, I hope to make my first cross-country trip to visit an old friend not too far from you in Carlsbad this summer. Enjoy your visit! Sorry there's no snow.

• Love
Reactions: KRG
Back