How to take care of Lucid Leather

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
I had seen a few seats in other owners picture with leather having some cracks wrinkles what is best way to avoid this. What do we need to do ti make sure leather stays perfect ?
IMG_7414.jpeg

To be honest... according to lucid you shouldn't use any chemicals or any cleaner, just a damp cloth I believe.

As others have said to your myriad other posts, read the manual (or search the forum). Lucid recommends against using any products on their leather seats and just cleaning them with a damp cloth.

As others have said to your myriad other posts, read the manual (or search the forum). Lucid recommends against using any products on their leather seats and just cleaning them with a damp cloth.
Yeah sorry about that, it's just that high of having a new car, my posts will probably go down once I am used to it all, maybe 1 month from now.

I had seen a few seats in other owners picture with leather having some cracks wrinkles what is best way to avoid this. What do we need to do ti make sure leather stays perfect ?

One of the valued traits of premium leather is that it develops creases and patina with age and use. That is a signal of quality in leather, not of its failure.

And Neurio is absolutely right. Nappa leather will hold up best with no commercial products used for maintenance.

One of the valued traits of premium leather is that it develops creases and patina with age and use. That is a signal of quality in leather, not of its failure.

And Neurio is absolutely right. Nappa leather will hold up best with no commercial products used for maintenance.
You never need to condition it?

I was about to say the same thing. Good leather is supposed to wear and develop a "lived in" patina. It's a feature, not a bug.

I was about to say the same thing. Good leather is supposed to wear and develop a "lived in" patina. It's a feature, not a bug.
This is what caught my eye on the lucid. I walked into the studio, seeing a QG/Tahoe and the tahoe looked like vintage aged leather, probably because so many people sat on it. It looked FANTASTIC.

My biggest gripe about the leather is that Crumbl cookie crumbs get caught in the perforated leather, and are a bitch to get out. I defy anybody to try and get wet cookie dough out of those little holes…not that I eat in my car or anything!!!

My biggest gripe about the leather is that Crumbl cookie crumbs get caught in the perforated leather, and are a bitch to get out. I defy anybody to try and get wet cookie dough out of those little holes…not that I eat in my car or anything!!!
That's always been one of my car rules, no matter what car I had or what seats were in it. No eating in the car, and no drinking except from closeable water bottles. It's mostly because I can't even eat at a table without having crumbs spilling all over the place. And the time I had a latte in a cup which spilled. Three day old milk is a very, very bad thing to have in your carpet.

That's always been one of my car rules, no matter what car I had or what seats were in it. No eating in the car, and no drinking except from closeable water bottles. It's mostly because I can't even eat at a table without having crumbs spilling all over the place. And the time I had a latte in a cup which spilled. Three day old milk is a very, very bad thing to have in your carpet.
As is a whole tub of wonton soup with shrimp, from your favourite Chinese restaurant, when the lid pops off, and the whole takeaway order dumps all over the fabric backseat. Ask me how I know. For the remaining seven years we owned that particular car, that smell stayed, and stayed. And stayed.

So, in general, all automotive leather needs to be cared for. Cleaned at bare minimum.
Here are a few products I would recommend that you can get from amazon easily or can find in most big parts stores.

Stay away from "baby wipes" and other "leather protectant wipes" or anything thick or highly viscous. You generally leave the surface just sticky.

Griots Interior Cleaner - Spray a towel, not just spray it around the car, and wipe down what you want to clean. You can use a detail brush set to agitate and stuck on grime.

303 Aerospace Interior Protectant - You can find lots of other products that you could dilute down, but in general, you want a water-based, silicone emulsion conditioning/dressing. Spray a towel, wipe it around. DO NOT JUST SPRAY THE CAR.

Interior Leather Scrubs - Use these if you've got some grime build-up on the seats. Spray the cleaner on the scrubber and then lightly scrub the surface - NEVER USE THIS WITHOUT CLEANER as you can begin to wear through the coating on the seats if you're too abrasive. Use common sense.

You never need to condition it?
Lucid’s leather is supplied by Bridge of Weir in Scotland, the only carbon neutral auto leather seat supplier. They also do leather for Aston Martin and McLaren. I believe due to their unique leather process a damp cloth is all that is needed. I missed this part of the manual initially, and used chemical guys liquid leather conditioner on part of the dash. It actually created a subtle discoloration in the dashboard visible at a certain light angle (I have Tahoe interior), since then I just use a damp cloth if I need to clean it, seems to work well.

Just use a damp cloth. While @TotalDetailingPA’s advice is generally good for other vehicles, for the Lucid please just use a damp cloth.

Also for the denim-esque fabric especially.

Just use a damp cloth. While @TotalDetailingPA’s advice is generally good for other vehicles, for the Lucid please just use a damp cloth.

Can blue Jean marks transfer?

A few years back I asked a detailer to clean and condition the leather in our Honda Odyssey. He said that, while GM and Ford leathers might warrant such treatment, Honda used a premium leather that did not.

I drove a 2011 Honda Odyssey for six years and have had our current Odyssey for almost six. I took the first car to a construction site every day for the two years our home was under construction, and I used both vehicles for almost daily dog rides with the windows open (i. e., with high UV exposure in south Florida). I never did anything to the leather other than wiping with a water-damped cloth, and neither car developed any signs of leather deterioration.

I see no reason whatsoever to ignore Lucid's advice to clean their leathers with only a damp cloth.

A few years back I asked a detailer to clean and condition the leather in our Honda Odyssey. He said that, while GM and Ford leathers might warrant such treatment, Honda used a premium leather that did not.

I drove a 2011 Honda Odyssey for six years and have had our current Odyssey for almost six. I took the first car to a construction site every day for the two years our home was under construction, and I used both vehicles for almost daily dog rides with the windows open (i. e., with high UV exposure in south Florida). I never did anything to the leather other than wiping with a water-damped cloth, and neither car developed any signs of leather deterioration.

I see no reason whatsoever to ignore Lucid's advice to clean their leathers with only a damp cloth.
..HONDA uses a premium leather? In previous odysseys, ive found the leather to be "vinyl feeling," and surprisingly found chevy and fords to be better.

Can blue Jean marks transfer?
You're coming from a Tesla, right? That was a known issue with Tesla's faux leather, which is essentially plastic. In fairness, I wear jeans a lot, and I never had that issue with my Tesla. My interior held up really well over the time I had that car.

But I had black seats. I know it is more of a problem for folks with the white interior.

Real leather should not have this issue. My seats are fairly pristine after more than five months. Even after a brutal snowy winter here. Even my Santa Cruz carpets are holding up well, considering how many of my passengers give no thought to sliding their muddy boots all over it.

Back