How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Temp and speed is probably the biggest contributing factors to my low range. We’ve had a very hot summer. I recently completed a trip from Arkansas to Colorado. The outside temps were over 100 on interstate and my speed was about 80. I was barely getting 300 miles range.

Close to any of it or close to the top line? I think most of us are getting between 70-80% of this and that assumes a majority of it is driving at "gentler" speeds than you might want to. There's a lot of info in this thread and elsewhere on range. Speed, incline, regen use, wind, and temperature all have their impacts. Speed and incline seem to be big killers, but when your battery temp needs to be maintained at 93 degrees, on hot days, you'll see a lot of drain due to AC usage - whether you're using it for yourself or not.

BUT my experience, albeit not for full charge, has been that driving between 70-75 mph with ACC turned off on flat road can get pretty close to 1-to-1 range. I'll be even more interested to see how much closer I can get once the temp here is not 110.
I will drive a Prius before I drive around Scottsdale with the AC turned off!

I will drive a Prius before I drive around Scottsdale with the AC turned off!
It's more the ac used to cool the batteries. That's why I'll be interested to see if there is much range improvement come Nov/Dec.

Temp and speed is probably the biggest contributing factors to my low range. We’ve had a very hot summer. I recently completed a trip from Arkansas to Colorado. The outside temps were over 100 on interstate and my speed was about 80. I was barely getting 300 miles range.
That's sad because that's about how I drive

I’m around 1000 miles now and I’m averaging 340-360 miles on a full range. The range estimator is honestly inaccurate. Most of what I’m getting seems to orbit the same range I was getting on my 580 eqs.

I’m around 1000 miles now and I’m averaging 340-360 miles on a full range. The range estimator is honestly inaccurate. Most of what I’m getting seems to orbit the same range I was getting on my 580 eqs.
I’m not surprised at the 340-360 mile range but I am a bit surprised that under equivalent driving conditions your range is equal to your EQS. Would’ve suspected the lucid to perform slightly better.

I’m not surprised at the 340-360 mile range but I am a bit surprised that under equivalent driving conditions your range is equal to your EQS. Would’ve suspected the lucid to perform slightly better.
They basically have the same drag coefficients and battery sizes, so I’m honestly not very surprised here. It would have been a pleasant surprise to see the Lucid performing better, but I had my doubts and here we are. It’s not a bad thing though as my EQS was the car that completely removed the concept of range anxiety from my mind. For most people, the selling factors between these will be personal preferences of what you like.

Attachments

• 93B2991B-EEBA-4945-A932-0EAB138728DD.jpeg
    93B2991B-EEBA-4945-A932-0EAB138728DD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • D4F627BD-DF69-4CE7-A0D3-DA9AFC9327F9.jpeg
    D4F627BD-DF69-4CE7-A0D3-DA9AFC9327F9.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 90
They basically have the same drag coefficients and battery sizes, so I’m honestly not very surprised here. It would have been a pleasant surprise to see the Lucid performing better, but I had my doubts and here we are. It’s not a bad thing though as my EQS was the car that completely removed the concept of range anxiety from my mind. For most people, the selling factors between these will be personal preferences of what you like.
If you had the choice to swap back would you?

Well, I am just now trying to figure all this EV stuff out. We have a trip on the books where we are driving from Charlotte to Atlanta to meet up with a large group of friends from college. After that, we are going from there to Athens, GA for the night and then back to Charlotte the next day. First leg is 250 miles, second 75 miles and the third around 225. I am just now trying to figure out the whole charging thing, when, where and how long? ABRP is trying to tell me to start at 90% and only charge once in Atlanta for like 26 minutes. Just how accurate is ABRP?

Im getting between 448 and 470 on a full charge or about 86-90% epa. I’ve stretched it to 4.6 mi/kWh on multiple 200 mile trips. 19” wheels - as range is the main reason I bought this car over my previous MS I am extremely happy.

Well, I am just now trying to figure all this EV stuff out. We have a trip on the books where we are driving from Charlotte to Atlanta to meet up with a large group of friends from college. After that, we are going from there to Athens, GA for the night and then back to Charlotte the next day. First leg is 250 miles, second 75 miles and the third around 225. I am just now trying to figure out the whole charging thing, when, where and how long? ABRP is trying to tell me to start at 90% and only charge once in Atlanta for like 26 minutes. Just how accurate is ABRP?
If you have chargers at your destinations, don't even bother charging in the middle. Charge to 100, leave and you are fine.

The 250 + 75 can be done in 1 charge. If your overnight you can charge then you last 225 will be fine also. Otherwise, just look for an EA anywhere and you will only need to stop for about 25 min.

Your Lucid is WAY BETTER looking! I think the EQS looks like a VW passat.

If you have chargers at your destinations, don't even bother charging in the middle. Charge to 100, leave and you are fine.
No charger in Athens or at my friends brewery in Decatur, GA.

Does your friend have a 220 you can hook into?
I seriously doubt it. I think I will just plan to stop at the EA charger at Target they have me stopping at. I'll have to cross my fingers that the 350 is working and available.

No charger in Athens or at my friends brewery in Decatur, GA.
You will just need a couple bathroom breaks and have the car charge while you do. Did that up in Burbank on a trip and my car went from 40 to 80% before I got back from the pit stop with my lunch.

and that was on a 150 kw charger

I seriously doubt it. I think I will just plan to stop at the EA charger at Target they have me stopping at. I'll have to cross my fingers that the 350 is working and available.
Yea the 350 is overrated, especially if you are not below 20%?

I amend my statement and looked up the graph.

lucid-air-dc-fast-charge-comparison.jpg

lucid-air-dc-fast-charge-comparison (1).jpg

Back